Main Menu

Forum issues?

Started by Jenee, August 05, 2015, 10:35:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenee

Is anyone else having issues with the forum layout, or is it just my phone that's making it all out of whack??
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

Limabeany

Sometimes I don't get all the icons like quotes and such and others there is a banner of icons covering the modify, etc... line of commands and sometimes the unread and new replies are all emptied by the internet elves and there is nothing unread.
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

Jenee

Yup, that's exactly what I experienced (minus the elves :lol:)

Windsor

There must be something preventing those icons from loading. I'll have a look at any corrupted files and/or out of date software that could be causing this to happen.

Limabeany

"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

roseroyal

When I was logging in, it asked for my Open ID. Not a clue!

Jenee

Did it say "or" Open ID. It should have been an option, not required.

roseroyal

No, but I've been able to log in w/o it. Another ? How does one add smileys to posts on this forum? I'm a big smiley user.

Jenee

You can click the smiley on the main post page (after you click the "reply" button) or type the code
:lol:

Interesting too when I log in, I get username/password OR open ID

roseroyal

It does not say OR on my screen when I login, and I don't have smileys on my reply screen either!

Jenee

:hmm: I think your screen is broken!! :P can you post a screenshot of your reply screen??

Jenee

Here's what mine looks like- lots of smilies!

Orchid

@roseroyal  I notice you're on the Default theme: all the settings for this theme are standard so you should be able to access all the features on the reply screen. However, if you still can't access the emoticons can I suggest you try switching to the Outline theme [via your profile] to see if that helps. I've also turned on your quick reply feature (a reply box which is located at the bottom of the page) to see if you can access the smilies using this instead. Generally it shouldn't make a difference but you never know!
"Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things."
-Winston Churchil