Grand Duchess Tatiana Nikolaevna of Russia

Started by LouisFerdinand, November 25, 2015, 11:34:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LouisFerdinand

Grand Duchess Tatiana was the second daughter of Tsar Nicholas II and Tsarina Alexandra.     
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/404690716487111428

Jennifer

QuoteGrand Duchess Tatiana Nikolaevna

The 2nd eldest of the Imperial children, Grand Duchess Tatiana Nikolaevna was born on the 10th June(o.s May 29th) 1897 to Nicholas II and his wife Tsarina Alexandra at Tsarskoe Selo, just outside of St.Petersburg, Russia.

With her Dark Auburn hair and dark eyes, Tatiana was less frank and spontaneous than Olga, well balanced, reserved, shy, very regal, unselfish, did not like to argue  and managed to keep her emotions under control.

One of the nannies, Margaretta Eagar recalls:  "One day the children and I were walking in the garden of the Winter Palace. The Emperor has some really beautiful collie dogs, and these were taking exercise in the garden at the same time. One of them, a young untrained creature, jumped on Tatiana Nicolaivna's back, and threw her down. The child was frightened and cried most bitterly. I lifted her up and said: 'Poor Sheilka! she did not mean to hurt you; she only wanted to say 'Good-morning' to you.' The child looked at me and said, 'Was that all? I don't think she is very polite; she could have said it to my face, not to my back.' "

Read more:
Grand Duchess Tatiana Nikolaevna |
"You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination". ~ Ralph Marston

LouisFerdinand

On Tatiana's Name Day, January 12, 1908, Grand Duchess Tatiana wrote: 'As a present Mother and Father gave me a broach, notebooks, and a big table cloth with an embroidered story of the Little Red Riding Hood.'

LouisFerdinand

LouisFerdinand

Tatiana often accompanied her father the Tsar for walks when no aide-de-camp was available.

LouisFerdinand

Tatiana enjoyed to embroider and iron clothes. She also knitted and brushed her mother's hair perfectly when the maids were not available.     

:vday4: :vday4: :vday4:

LouisFerdinand

In The Romanov Sisters by Helen Rappaport, Prince Adalbert of Bavaria is mentioned as a suitor for Grand Duchess Tatiana.