Prince Andrew General Chat

Started by LouisFerdinand, October 15, 2016, 02:01:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Clover

Harvey Weinstein and paedophile tycoon Jeffrey Epstein attended Princess Beatrice's 18th birthday  | Daily Mail Online

I think Harvey Weinstein and Andrew were very good friends. Andrew invited Harvey to family events including his daughter's birthday party, to Balmoral, and perhaps other events - the truth does rise to the surface eventually. Time will tell how closely connected Prince Andrew and Harvey Weinstein were.

TLLK

Ugh...what a charming pair to have as friends. <_<

Curryong

I never knew that Andrew was friends with Harvey Weinstein. Wow! Who next? Jimmy Savile giving riding lessons to Eugenie!

Blue Clover

Quote from: Curryong on September 08, 2019, 09:08:59 PM
I never knew that Andrew was friends with Harvey Weinstein. Wow! Who next? Jimmy Savile giving riding lessons to Eugenie!

:hehe:

oak_and_cedar

He is such a loser!

I can't imagine that he didn't hear any rumours. That alone should be enough to put him off their company. But nope! Not Andrew. His arrogance is going to cost him IMO. Who knows what else is going to surface. This isn't over by far, IMO.

Princess Cassandra

I have to wonder if this kind of person (Epstein and Weinstein and perhaps others of their ilk we don't yet know of) cultivate friendships with a royal like Andrew, of if he cultivates friendship with them. 

Curryong

Good job that he isn't showing up. The atmosphere at the dinner would probably be dreadfully awkward. These sort of annual regimental dinners are supposed to be cheerful and jokey affairs.

TLLK

I wonder if he was sent a message that he wasn't wanted?

amabel

Quote from: TLLK on December 14, 2019, 12:51:47 PM
I wonder if he was sent a message that he wasn't wanted?
knowing Andrew, I suspect he was going to go, and was persuaded it would look better if he didn't...

Trudie

I would think it fell under an official duty therefore he knew he wasn't to attend.

TLLK

@Trudie-The optimist in me would like to believe that Andrew would not have to be reminded that he can no longer attend official events, but the realist says that he had to be stopped in the BP corridor on his way to the dinner. :xmas1:

Trudie

:windsor: :windsor:@TLLK You are so right Andrew is so arrogant I can just picture staff lining the hallways to stop him on orders of his brother.

sara8150

Prince Andrew is frozen out from annual family trip to ?13million Verbier ski lodge | Daily Mail Online
Since his scandal broken earlier but his two daughters Beatrice and Eugenie wouldn't join dad for skiing vacation annual traditional and Yorks sisters will stay with mom the Duchess of York

Curryong

Look at the source of this story! The annual skiing vac is almost always in February and the Yorks celebrate Andrew's birthday over there. None of them may feel like celebrating that in 2020. Nevertheless it's over two months away. I'll wait and see if this is true before I draw conclusions. If it is, then the rose coloured specs may have fallen from Bea and Eug's eyes. However I've got a feeling that the article another tale from the Fail's large book of fairy stories. 

amabel

Quote from: Curryong on December 20, 2019, 11:13:27 PM
Look at the source of this story! The annual skiing vac is almost always in February and the Yorks celebrate Andrew's birthday over there. None of them may feel like celebrating that in 2020. Nevertheless it's over two months away. I'll wait and see if this is true before I draw conclusions. If it is, then the rose coloured specs may have fallen from Bea and Eug's eyes. However I've got a feeling that the article another tale from the Fail's large book of fairy stories. 
he didn't attened Beat's engagement party..

Curryong

No he didn't, though going to a party at a place like the Firehouse which attracts photographers and reporters sniffing around and where other party guests may well talk if he celebrates happily, is a bit different to a week's holiday in a private chalet at an exclusive ski resort. The only time I remember the Yorks getting any photos at Verbier was when Harry and Cressida were there on the slopes. So they are truly private there, though now this Fail story has surfaced the tabloid may send a photojournalist!

He might be a bit on the outer with his daughters. However the way that Fergie was carrying on in that last interview about him being a great man it doesn't appear he's lost her support and she is apparently a huge influence on her daughters and the family unit! I would just be very cautious about anything that appears in the Fail.

Double post auto-merged: December 20, 2019, 11:38:26 PM

Quote from: amabel on December 20, 2019, 11:15:48 PM
he didn't attened Beat's engagement party..

Yes, that party that the Fail stated had been cancelled.

amabel

Its possible that the girls have had to come to terms with his behaviour and go on loving him even if they disapprove of some of the things he does.  but for the present, its possible that "big parites" whether in private or like the birthday pary may look bad -... and they will cut back on them.  We don't know. I don't expect them or the RF in general to all turn their backs on him.. he is family and they love him.. but I thik it should be kept very private..  because it does look at times that the Queen is supporting him to an extent that looks like over looking his behaviour. Im sure the daughters are more scandalised.. that their father had such a cavalier attitude to young women of their age.. but still he is their father.  As for Fergie... she has had to stick with Andrew for many years now because he HAS been loyal to her and he and she have a rather similar unpleasant attitude about money.... Im afraid. I don't think Andy was so bad in this respect years ago.. but he became more extravagant and I suspect that's when he started with the dubius friendships to make more money for himself and for the ever greedy Fergie...

sandy

They can always go overseas and have parties there or during a Winter Break and keep it low key.

wannable

Verbier is not private, only their property, which is an investment, there are ''stationed'' paparazzi lurking at the best hot spots.  If not we wouldn't have the pictures of Charles, Diana, William, Harry, then later the Middleton's, William and other hundreds of VIP's that go there.

sandy

They could rent a place somewhere. They have the $$$. And keep it super quiet.

wannable

They decided in the cheaper version if true: daddy you're not coming.