Queen's Gold Cup-Winning Horse Fails Drug Test

Started by SophieChloe, July 22, 2014, 06:38:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SophieChloe

Queen's Gold Cup-Winning Horse Fails Drug Test

QuoteA racehorse owned by the Queen has tested positive for the banned substance morphine, Buckingham Palace has revealed.

Five-year-old filly Estimate, which won the Gold Cup at Royal Ascot last year, is trained by Sir Michael Stoute.

The positive test is thought to have resulted as a result of consumption of a contaminated feed product, the palace said.
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

TLLK

I see a Law and Order episode in the future with a disclaimer stating it is just inspired by real events.  :D

cinrit

QuoteQueen Loses £80K Race Prize as her Horse Estimate Is Stripped of Second Place In Gold Cup

The Queen was £80,000 out of pocket last night after her favourite racehorse Estimate was stripped of its second place finish in the Gold Cup following a positive drugs test.  The five-year-old mare was officially disqualified from the prestigious race after a British Horseracing Authority disciplinary hearing in London.

The world of racing was rocked in July after the Daily Express revealed the Sir Michael Stoute-trained thoroughbred had tested positive for morphine after the Gold Cup at Royal Ascot in June.

Her Majesty was said to be "devastated" by the positive test for the banned substance.

The hearing accepted that contaminated feed had been to blame.  Sir Michael, 68, will not face a financial penalty after the BHA was satisfied all reasonable precautions were taken to avoid any breach of the rules.

Disqualification is mandatory, however, for any horses testing positive for a banned substance.

More: Queen's horse Estimate stripped of second place in Gold Cup | Royal | News | Daily Express

Cindy

Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.