Brazilian Heirs want to restore the monarchy

Started by LouisFerdinand, September 15, 2016, 12:24:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LouisFerdinand

Brazilian Heirs want to restore the monarchy. 
                             Brazilian Heirs Want To Restore Monarchy - YouTube

LouisFerdinand

Prince Luiz of Orleans-Braganza is a claimant to the Brazilian throne.     
Prince Pedro Carlos of Orleans-Braganza is a claimant to the Brazilian throne.   
Which Pretender has a greater claim: Prince Luiz or Prince Pedro Carlos?

amabel

I doubt if it has a snowballs' chance in hell of happening so doesn't matter

LouisFerdinand

Do you believe that if Emperor Pedro II had had a son to succeed him that the Brazilizian empire would not have ended?

Curryong

^ No, I don't. None of the imported monarchies imposed on the local populations in South and Central America by colonial powers took root or flourished in any way. Pedro's descendant could have ended up like the 'Emperor' Maximilian of Mexico.

LouisFerdinand

Pedro II did have two sons:   
Afonso was Prince Imperial of Brazil. However he lived February 23, 1845 to June 11, 1847.   
Pedro Afonso was Prince Imperial of Brazil. However he lived July 19, 1848 to January 9, 1850.

Curryong

^ Yes, but they were babies when they died. They weren't alive to rule, didn't live to have children. Pedro and his wife had daughters but they were not considered suitable.

TLLK

Quote from: Curryong on June 17, 2017, 01:23:26 AM
^ No, I don't. None of the imported monarchies imposed on the local populations in South and Central America by colonial powers took root or flourished in any way. Pedro's descendant could have ended up like the 'Emperor' Maximilian of Mexico.
I agree @Curryong that the imported monarchies never had a chance of surviving in Mexico, Central and South America. There have been decades of political instability in that part of the world so a fledgling monarchy with an imported European as Head of State was unlikely to take root.