Meghan backed charity faces food for sex scandal

Started by Duch_Luver_4ever, February 18, 2018, 02:49:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duch_Luver_4ever

Charity backed by Meghan Markle faces food for sex scandal | Daily Mail Online

I knew this stuff was coming, the RF is going to be in a tough spot this year working with large charities. With the oxfam scandal we've seen how monsters choose to work with these charities because they up to now have been able to do this with impunity with much less oversight than if they tried to do this in their home countries.
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

Kritter

TLLK

@Duch_Luver_4ever -This is terrible news to see yet another charity group's workers are involved in abusing others who are desperate.

QuoteIts annual Accountability Report admitted ?camp residents were allegedly subject to both sexual and financial exploitation to be included on beneficiary lists. At the same time, corruption and manipulation of the lists for personal gain was a reported problem?.

A WFP spokeswoman confirmed they had discovered ?worrying irregularities? and told World Vision to tighten controls.

World Vision said the allegations were taken ?extremely seriously?, leading to strengthening of their internal systems, and insisted Haitian authorities were informed where there was evidence of abuse.

Meghan's involvement with World Vision Canada started in 2016 and then ended in 2017. Meghan Markle?s Charity Work | World Vision UK

QuoteThe confession by global charity World Vision will dismay supporters, including Prince Harry?s fianc?e, the charity?s ambassador until last year.

Meghan Markle to give up charitable roles at the UN and World Vision Canada to start her royal life with a 'clean slate' | London Evening Standard

Duch_Luver_4ever

I agree @TLLK of course Meghans not to blame, its going to make the palace really rethink how they interact with charities, perhaps even creating their own to have more direct control if this happens again.
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.