Biography of Charles tells of 'royal household rife with intrigue & misconduct

Started by Kritter, January 16, 2018, 10:42:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trudie

@ royalanthropologist.
So you reject the idea that Diana went into the marriage in good faith because she wanted the position and didn't think about life after the party? Well at 20 most young woman have a romantic view of marriage however in the case of Diana her groom was much older and he himself didn't enter into the marriage in good faith. Charles wanted it all his mistress and the bride Mountbatten described a virgin of good breeding and unrealistically someone he may grow to love and mould into the wife he wanted. Both had expressed doubts before the wedding but given that this was not just any wedding that could be called off it went ahead.

royalanthropologist

@Trudie. I was trying to demonstrate that it is an inherently futile and unfair exercise to apportion blame for something one is not party to. Just because Diana said she loved Charles does not make it so. A marriage ended and they went their separate ways. It is the attempt to turn this into an unforgettable, unforgivable tragedy of the millennium that I reject. People marry for the wrong reasons all the time and divorce consequently. It does not have to become the mea culpa of all time.
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

sandy

It is just assuming the worst about Diana IMO. I think she meant it. It makes it so to me because she said it at various times. She told her sons she loved "Papa" but they could not live together anymore. They did not go their separate ways, they were parents to William and Harry and shared custody of them and came together at events involving them. Charles going into the marriage preferring Camilla and not telling Diana that he did before he proposed and could give her a chance to think about this situation, in effect severely hurt the marriage before it even began. Letting go of the past and working on the marriage IMO would have made a big difference.

Double post auto-merged: January 18, 2018, 12:08:46 PM

Quote from: royalanthropologist on January 18, 2018, 09:23:33 AM
Well Charles chose Camilla and she chose him (warts and all). They are happy with one another and that is all that matters. Outsiders have little to do with their lives.

Diana died over 20 years ago. She is of no relevance to C&C's life to them, just a distant and unpleasant memory.

BTW. I love my avatar and enjoy the fact that it is going to appear every time I post.

She accepted Charles, money, perks and bling  and all. What a sacrifice!

Diana is still the mother of CHarles' only children. Their sons talk of her.

Charles was making himself "happy" with Camilla while both were married to others.

Kritter

The DM comments show that Junors propaganda books only worked on the gullible.   :lol:

QuoteIt is just assuming the worst about Diana IMO.

The way some go on & on about what Diana should have done etc. etc. as if they think Diana should have been able to see into the future tells a lot about them.

This book is going to expose Charles for the person he is & it will have nothing to do with Diana since she has been gone for 20 years. It will be Camilla's turn to be blamed for all of Charles's short comings.

royalanthropologist

Quote from: sandy on January 18, 2018, 12:07:00 PM
It is just assuming the worst about Diana IMO. 

They did not go their separate ways, they were parents to William and Harry and shared custody of them and came together at events involving them.

Letting go of the past and working on the marriage IMO would have made a big difference.

1. Just like many assume the worst about Charles? I am just returning the favor to show the silliness of it all, playing judge and jury about people's personal relationships.

2. Then what the hell was she complaining about if they were still together all the time? I thought her main complaint was that he left her and never came back? Or was she lying about that too?

3. No it wouldn't make a single difference. Diana had served her purpose and he was not interested in her as a woman. In fact, some argue he was never interested in her apart from the heirs. You can't force someone to work on a marriage he no longer wants to be in. I would even go as far as saying that Charles stayed in the marriage for 5 years, far longer than any subsequent lover of Diana stayed with her. He tried, she tried and they failed.

As far as Charles was concerned, he got the two princaple things he needed from that marriage (W&H). After that, he certainly did not care enough to want to put up with Diana for any longer than absolutely necessary. He left and that was that. 

All the "what might have been" are not relevant to C&C now. Certainly not to Charles' household. Diana is of no particular interest to them and they certainly never publicly speak about her.

Double post auto-merged: January 18, 2018, 12:36:37 PM

DM commentators are largely considered to be trolls (some from Russia). You would be hard-pressed to find a more judgmental, disrespectful, crass, hateful, bitter, illogical, irrational mob of people even if you tried. I personally don't set much stall by the commentators on DM. I mean some of them have called Diana names that I would never dream of repeating after some of her affairs and thoughts were revealed by Settlen.
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

sandy

Charles and Diana led separate lives. They stayed in the residences assigned to them and he did not "leave her." They kept up appearances for years.

Charles could have done the decent thing and not married Diana if he did not love her. Tell Camilla he would have no part of an "arrangment" where he had the suitable wife and cheat on her. Honestly you make Charles sound like a jerk. Using the wife as the broodmare and throwing her out like a dirty tissue.

Some also have called your Camilla names on comments boards and they are "regulars" not from Russia.

Kritter

QuoteHonestly you make Charles sound like a jerk.

:nod:   :thumbsup:

Not just Charles being a jerk but also makes Camilla sound like a high priced call girl.

He wanted Camilla over & over. Yes we all know what he wanted Camilla for & it wasn't to be the Mother of his children.