Something that you like about Diana

Started by Duch_Luver_4ever, January 07, 2018, 01:15:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kritter

^Do you see yourself as some kind of Diana expert? If so I think you should reconsider your stance.

sandy

Quote from: Duch_Luver_4ever on January 09, 2018, 09:53:24 PM
Im not talking about things like Carling, im talking about times you said Diana didnt say something or do something, and I posted links with her own words confirming what I said. Remember the whole Diana trying to get Sarah's ex boyfriends to date her, I posted her own words saying she did it when you said she didnt say it.

Then there was another time something from the tapes was used showing she said something that directly contradicted what you said about her. Honestly ive lost count the number of times things like that have happened.

I stand by my opinion about Diana and Sarah's boyfriends. One thing I always emphasized was Diana was under aged when she met some of her sister's boyfriends. And they would be about her sister's age or older.  IT would have been taboo for a man to date an under aged woman. Even if Diana had a big crush on Mr X no way would he date or court an underage woman. Even Charles waited until Diana was "of age" to ask her out. Diana had her own circle of flatmates and young men she dated. I did post case studies of the young men Diana dated at 18 years of age and no, They were not Sarah's boyfriends or exes. If you choose to ignore my point of view that is your choice. No, you did not 'correct me" you only think you did.

You only list two.

I disagreed with you and the interpretation of what she said.

As I recall you claimed Diana had an abortion based on something Lady COlin Campbell said, and I did not consider her an accurate source.

There was no proof that Diana slept with Bryan Adams.

I also kept stressing that Diana and Raine made up in 1992 after the "stair" episode.

And I keep sending those links.

I don't want to continue going back and forth with you on this.

ANd I disagree with you that John and Frances' marriage was not exactly like Diana and Charles' and I stated the reasons.

I am entitled to my opinion and I don't need to be "corrected" by you. You have your interpretations and I have mine.

royalanthropologist

Quote from: Duch_Luver_4ever on January 09, 2018, 09:53:24 PM
Im not talking about things like Carling, im talking about times you said Diana didnt say something or do something, and I posted links with her own words confirming what I said. Remember the whole Diana trying to get Sarah's ex boyfriends to date her, I posted her own words saying she did it when you said she didnt say it.

Then there was another time something from the tapes was used showing she said something that directly contradicted what you said about her. Honestly ive lost count the number of times things like that have happened.

@Duch_Luver_4ever So many examples. People denying something that Diana said or did because it does not fit into their narrow vision of her. You  on the other hand are almost always supported by factual information.  The key is to sidestep the red herrings because they are designed to stifle debate. You started a thread about the things that people liked about Diana. Then of course the anti-Charles posts started overwhelming it. Really sad that you can't celebrate something about Diana without going over old worn out arguments about her failed marriage.  I personally think you are a great Diana fan and I enjoy your posts. Those that try to intimidate you speak more about themselves than you or Diana.
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

sandy

I don't consider Lady Campbell "factual." No others do  not have 'narrow visions' just because they disagree with you.

I see a lot of Anti Diana posts going on in this thread.

Disagreeing is not intimidation.

royalanthropologist

Intimidation is demanding people to explain why they are not "sufficiently pro-Diana". That is thought police territory and I think it is disgraceful.
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

Trudie

@ Sandy Perhaps we should let "The Experts" on all things Diana take over this entire board.

sandy

Quote from: royalanthropologist on January 09, 2018, 11:31:14 PM
Intimidation is demanding people to explain why they are not "sufficiently pro-Diana". That is thought police territory and I think it is disgraceful.

Nobody is demanding anything, just expressing an opinion whether it agrees with yours or not.

TLLK

QuoteI see a lot of Anti Diana posts going on in this thread.

Just a reminder that there are a few of us who are trying to keep the thread on topic by posting about things that we liked about Diana too. :)

I liked how she tried to introduce her sons to the places and activities that other kids their age would enjoy:McDonalds, amusement parks, movies, boogie boarding, etc...while encouraging them to participate in the outdoorsy fun  (riding, fishing) that the Windsors liked too.

Kritter

@sandy   DL is the only poster I have seen whining about people not agreeing with him. He is always going on about how people should post like this & that. Some just love to argue instead of debate & that is when the problems occur.

This thread should be locked & should not have been started in the first place. It has served the purpose it was started for. It was started so some could slam Diana (since stories about her come out mostly on her birthday & death anniversary) because Charles is still alive & his board gets fresh stories all the time & his fans can't handle opinions about him especially if they aren't praise worthy opinions.

Duch_Luver_4ever

Quote from: sandy on January 09, 2018, 10:15:00 PM
I stand by my opinion about Diana and Sarah's boyfriends. One thing I always emphasized was Diana was under aged when she met some of her sister's boyfriends. And they would be about her sister's age or older.  IT would have been taboo for a man to date an under aged woman. Even if Diana had a big crush on Mr X no way would he date or court an underage woman. Even Charles waited until Diana was "of age" to ask her out. Diana had her own circle of flatmates and young men she dated. I did post case studies of the young men Diana dated at 18 years of age and no, They were not Sarah's boyfriends or exes. If you choose to ignore my point of view that is your choice. No, you did not 'correct me" you only think you did.

You only list two.

I disagreed with you and the interpretation of what she said.

As I recall you claimed Diana had an abortion based on something Lady COlin Campbell said, and I did not consider her an accurate source.

There was no proof that Diana slept with Bryan Adams.

I also kept stressing that Diana and Raine made up in 1992 after the "stair" episode.

And I keep sending those links.

I don't want to continue going back and forth with you on this.

ANd I disagree with you that John and Frances' marriage was not exactly like Diana and Charles' and I stated the reasons.

I am entitled to my opinion and I don't need to be "corrected" by you. You have your interpretations and I have mine.

I only listed those two cause I couldnt be bothered to go sift through the past year and a half of posts, but whats hilarious about the Sarah thing is you disregard Diana's own quoted words on the matter. Im glad you mentioned stairs cause there was both the issue of Diana's trip down the stairs and her pushing Raine that you not only disagreed with me, but I also recall you and amabel and others going back and forth on it, when we have Diana's own words confirming both incidents.

Im sure id find more if I had all day to go looking, but youre constantly denying, bargaining or trying to obfuscate anything that isnt perfect about Diana, and even when shown the womans own words confirming the matter, you still try and deny it when they are undeniable.

Now for some of the ones more open, shall we say to debate (so I dont mind you using them, but we both know these arent the examples im referring to as far as refuting Diana's own words).

As for the abortion, that was the wife of her financial advisor, who she confided in her desire to leave the royal family and move abroad, remarry and have more children back in the early 90s. She also confided in him to tell the press she was visiting patients at a hospital overnight when she was at Hasnat Khans place, so he had a lot of access to her personal life, also financial records accounts, payments to said clinic if it happened, so its not a fly by night source.

As for Bryan Adams, why would his fiance leave him over an imaginary fling with Diana solely in her head? She was going to marry a famous celebrity, im assuming she had feelings for him, etc. It doesnt make any sense for her to make the claim without merit.

"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

sandy

I am not going back and forth with you on this. 

I already explained and to me it's beating a dead horse.

I don't believe in hearsay gossip and Diana was underage when Sarah was dating. A man does not date under aged teens. The most sordid is Campbells' saying she had an abortion. Just ugly gossip from a dubious writer.

Let it go.

Kritter

No point to all the bad things said about a dead woman being repeated over & over as if it will erase what C&C plotted & enacted against a teenager. They are simply trying to rewrite Charles's guilt for the future since Diana cannot clarify anything herself.

That is the point of Junor's books but history will also record her bias & the fact that Diana cannot give her side of things so her accounts will be dismissed by credible historians.

Even in future generations people will understand that it is wrong to select a naive teenager for use in the way they used her. It will record Diana's reaction but reasonable rational people will see how it started & who started it. C&C will be guilty through history.

Now for all those that think Lust & Sperm Count are crass come on & talk about how it is all Diana or her family's fault & beheading people etc.    :lol:  It is your turn I still won't read RA's nonsense posts but I get a chuckle out of DL's especially since I know he doesn't mean most of it but is being guided.  :nod:

I may be seen as Crass but even when Charles dies I will stop speaking about him with such zeal because he will be dead. I have enough decency to know that it is wrong to speak about a dead person in certain ways.