Author Topic: Eugenie looks tense as Mandela's grandson clashes with US environmentalist  (Read 178 times)

Offline Kritter

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    100%
Princess Eugenie looks tense at London charity boxing bout | Daily Mail Online

Princess Eugenie looked understandably tense as she watched a lively charity boxing match which ended up with Nelson Mandela's grandson going off in an ambulance.

The 27-year-old royal sported a stunning black sleeveless gown as she witnessed the blows raining down at The Charge II boxing fundraiser at Lindley Hall, London, last night.

She attends more charity events than Kate does.   :P

Offline TLLK

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    100%
  • Gal power!!!!!!
Re: Eugenie looks tense as Mandela's grandson clashes with US environmentalist
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2017, 06:48:02 AM »
@Kritter-Are you sure about that as Princess Eugenie is not considered a working member of the British Royal Family but rather a private citizen who does do some unofficial engagements.

Here's information from last year's tally from royal observer Timothy O'Donovan who has been compiling this list since 1979.

Duchess of Cambridge total number of engagements-140.

Princess Eugenie of York is not even listed.

The following users thanked this post: FanDianaFancy

Offline Kritter

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2017, 06:52:44 AM »
^ What does being in the official record that is padded for the royals have to do with Eugenie going to charity events. I did say "events" & not engagements.

The following users thanked this post: FanDianaFancy

Offline TLLK

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    100%
  • Gal power!!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2017, 07:01:53 AM »
Please understand that the British Royal Family does not have an official tally, though the Court Circular does reflect the activities that are considered official engagements. I'm not sure what you mean by "padded?"

I'm curious to how you've determined that Princess Eugenie is going to more charity events though. Have you some record of her activities from the past? I would be interested in reading them if you have some available. :)

Here is some information from her father's website about her patronages which she undertakes as a private individual.

Charities and Patronages

In October, 2002 HRH, aged 12, underwent back surgery at the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital in Stanmore, Middlesex, to correct a scoliosis condition. As a result of this surgery, Princess Eugenie is keen to support others going through similar treatments. HRH became Patron of the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital?s Redevelopment Appeal in April, 2012. As part of the appeal, an accommodation unit at the hospital will be named Princess Eugenie House.

In June 2012, Princess Eugenie was one of around 3,000 cyclists to take part in Nightrider, a 100km bike ride through London. HRH raised money for the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, of which she is Patron, and the Marylebone Cricket Club Foundation.

Princess Eugenie, alongside her mother Sarah, Duchess of York, is a Patron of the Elephant Family, a charity campaigning to protect the Asian Elephant and their habitat. HRH visited Tara the Elephant at The Duke of York Square, London, in June, 2015 in support of the charity.

Princess Eugenie and Princess Beatrice became Patrons of the Teenage Cancer Trust in June, 2016. Their mother, Sarah, Duchess of York, is also a long-term honorary Patron of the charity. The Teenage Cancer Trust supports young people facing cancer.

Princess Eugenie became Patron of the Coronet Theatre, Kensington in November, 2016. The Coronet Theatre is a theatre and art space for Kensington and across London.

HRH became Patron of The European School of Osteopathy in April, 2017. The ESO is a world renowned provider of high quality osteopathic education available from undergraduate and up to postgraduate levels.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 07:04:06 AM by TLLK »

Offline Kritter

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2017, 07:09:18 AM »
I'm not sure what you mean by "padded?"

Every time they move it is called an engagement to "pad" their numbers. IMO it should be how many days a week do they work.

I'm curious to how you've determined that Princess Eugenie is going to more charity events though. Have you some record of her activities from the past? I would be interested in reading them if you have some available.

You can look through the threads on this board & see that over the years the York sisters attend many charity events.

Offline TLLK

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    100%
  • Gal power!!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2017, 07:23:45 AM »
I've just looked through another very large royal site that quite  frankly keeps better records on the activities of the world's royals.  For 2017 I've found 13 charity related activities for Princess Eugenie this year. Now don't get me wrong,  I'm impressed that she chooses to take on these activities as a non-working member of the BRF, but I cannot say with any certainty that she attends more charity events than Kate.
Thank you for sharing your definition of "padding."
As it is HM the Queen who approves the Court Circular prior to its daily publication, it's unlikely that she's going to change the format that has been in place since George III. Most other royal courts publish a diary in a similar format to the UK's Court Circular.  However when Charles' reign begins, we might see a difference.

(Private message me if you'd like to know which royal site I'm referring to in my post.) :)

Offline Kritter

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2017, 07:33:34 AM »
Curryong has already spoken of that site so I know what it is.

I am NOT speaking of their engagements. I am speaking of real charity events that they attend nor was I speaking about one year.

You know the charity events they pay to attend with money that helps the charity & at the same time bringing recognition to the charity because they are the Queen's granddaughters. I still say Kate does less for charity than the York sisters, they just get less recognition.

Offline TLLK

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    100%
  • Gal power!!!!!!
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2017, 08:05:01 AM »
You know the charity events they pay to attend with money that helps the charity & at the same time bringing recognition to the charity because they are the Queen's granddaughters.

Ah now I understand. Regarding the other site, I'd encourage you to check it out.  :) If you're a fan of Eugenie, Diana, etc...there is plenty of information, photos etc...going back years. :)

Offline FanDianaFancy

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    22%
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2017, 06:12:50 AM »
Never heard her or her sister speak. Is that posh ? They were raised, of course, the most highest tier of the class system so I guess that is posh.

Offline amabel

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    8%
    • Favorite royal: Anne Boleyn
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2017, 03:00:02 PM »
Is what posh? 

Royal Insight Forum is not responsible for the content of external sites