Prince Harry & Meghan Markle Wedding St George's Chapel Windsor 19/5/18 - Part 1

Started by TLLK, October 19, 2017, 06:39:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandy

Her parents will surely attend. Maybe not the half siblings.

I think if they marry and once she is an HRH, the media will rally to her. Seward will write glowing reports about her. The HRH makes a big difference to some out in the media and in the public.

I had to laugh at some getting judgmental about her because she is a few years older than Harry. One would think the way they get all judgmental is that she's 20 years older!

FanDianaFancy

Quote from: sandy on October 26, 2017, 11:32:32 PM
Her parents will surely attend. Maybe not the half siblings.

I think if they marry and once she is an HRH, the media will rally to her. Seward will write glowing reports about her. The HRH makes a big difference to some out in the media and in the public.

I had to laugh at some getting judgmental about her because she is a few years older than Harry. One would think the way they get all judgmental is that she's 20 years older!

I hope so sandy. What is out there in the media and people posting is vicious, nasty, uncalled for, vile ...etc.

LouisFerdinand

Will Prince Henry be married in the morning? Or will it be an afternoon wedding?

TLLK

The majority of 20th and 21st century BRF weddings were morning events, with the exception of Edward and Sophie's 1999 wedding so I believe it will be a morning wedding.

amabel

sandy

TLLK

Quote from: LouisFerdinand on October 28, 2017, 10:18:32 PM
Which uniform will Prince Henry wear?
Probably the Blues and Royals one unless he's made an honorary colonel like his brother was for the Irish Guards.

Curryong

All Royal grooms if they've been in the armed forces wear the uniform of the most senior rank they've been awarded, so unless Harry is given an Honorary Colonelcy like his brother before his wedding day, he'll be wearing his Blue's and Royals navy blue. I rather like that dress uniform actually, quite becoming and prefer it to scarlet.

Curryong

I would think that Harry's niece and nephew George and Charlotte are shoe-ins as attendants, and Harry also has a godson Jasper, a little older than George, who's the son of Harry's friend and mentor Mark Dyer. Meghan has several friends with children and so I'd guess that one of them might be a bridesmaid. British Royal and aristo weddings tend to be a group of children rather than lots of adults but she might have one youngish single friend as a bridesmaid as well.

sara8150

A right royal Christmas for Meghan! Prince Harry's fiance expected to join the Queen for traditional festive celebrations at Sandringham following engagement
Meghan Markle expected to attend Christmas at Sandringham | Daily Mail Online

Double post auto-merged: November 27, 2017, 10:21:04 PM

Meghan Markle set for Christmas with Queen at Sandringham after engagement to Prince Harry
Meghan Markle set for Royal Christmas after engagement to Prince Harry | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

FanDianaFancy

:thumbsup:
Better. Classier. Appropriate.
Please no wreath and veil.
Please non televised wedding.
Reception should be at Windsor too.
Brief appearance.

So far so good.

wannable

The announcement from KP says both want to share their wedding day with the public. So it will be televised, although it is not a a state occasion, whereas William the future King.

As a junior royal Harry will marry like his cousin Peter in a small venue with a 800 seat capacity, rather than William who married at Westminster with a 2000 seat capacity, with a fact that it may be fitted to 8000 - during the Queen's coronation. 

Perhaps the BRF money may be sponsored by the TV network sites that may possibly buy the rights of transmission, and save a lot of quids.  If not, this will be paid by Duchy of Lancashire, as extra officially undisclosed but with a understanding that Harry's dad is already responsible, whilst William is to Duchy of Cornwall. 

TLLK

Official KP announcement regarding the wedding date and venue.

Quotehttps://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/status/935531264140070912

The marriage of Prince Harry and Ms. Meghan Markle will take place at St. George's Chapel, Windsor Castle in May 2018.

:cloud9: This is the perfect setting IMHO! St. George's Chapel is a beautiful and historic setting for this event and hopefully May bring good weather. As expected the wedding will be televised and I'm sure that the couple will tour Windsor in a landau ride through the town if the weather permits. :)

I agree @FanDianaFancy that the reception will be at Windsor Castle, but personally I'm okay with Meghan opting for traditional bridal wear even if it is her second marriage. Letiza Ortiz did the same for her 2004 wedding to then Prince Felipe of Spain.

wannable

I agree 100%.   If it where at Westminster, the British Government would HAVE to mark it a national holiday for the whatever day in May 2018, clear main avenues and streets for a Junior Royal. He has already been superseded by the future monarchs children, so it makes perfect sense. 

TLLK

^^^Not a glamorous aspect of royal wedding planning but I believe that considering the impact of the various 2017 UK terror attacks, makes Windsor Castle/St. George's Chapel an easier venue to secure for the public figures and the members of the public who want to view the event.

wannable

Yes that is another aspect; one main avenue with no parking facility, and the rest are "green" roads basically for bike riding, carriage and horseback....so Met Police won't need to all be involved.

Still, I think the Obamas will be there ;)

sara8150

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Announce Their Wedding Date and Venue!
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Announce Wedding Date and Place | PEOPLE.com

Harry and Meghan will marry at Windsor Castle in MAY in 'fun and joyful' ceremony paid for by the royal family: Bride-to-be will be baptised and take UK citizenship
Prince Harry at Meghan Markle will marry in Windsor in May | Daily Mail Online

Double post auto-merged: November 28, 2017, 05:12:20 PM

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle wedding: All the details
https://us.hellomagazine.com/royalty/12017112825083/prince-harry-meghan-markle-wedding-information

Double post auto-merged: November 28, 2017, 05:13:37 PM

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle?s Wedding Venue and Date Revealed
Prince Harry, Meghan Markle?s Wedding Venue, Date Revealed

Double post auto-merged: November 28, 2017, 05:19:46 PM

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to wed in Windsor in May
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to wed in Windsor in May - BBC News

Double post auto-merged: November 28, 2017, 05:24:06 PM

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to marry in St George's Chapel at Windsor Castle - and are planning ceremony themselves
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to marry in St George's Chapel at Windsor Castle - and are planning ceremony themselves

Double post auto-merged: November 28, 2017, 05:25:01 PM

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to marry at Windsor Castle in May
LIVE: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to marry at Windsor Castle in May

Double post auto-merged: November 28, 2017, 05:26:18 PM

Prince Harry to marry Meghan Markle at Windsor Castle in May
Prince Harry to marry Meghan Markle at Windsor Castle in May | UK news | The Guardian

Double post auto-merged: November 28, 2017, 05:29:24 PM

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry to marry at Windsor Castle in May
Meghan Markle: Prince Harry and actress to wed at Windsor Castle in May | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Double post auto-merged: November 28, 2017, 05:31:20 PM

St George's Chapel in Windsor to be venue for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's May 2018 wedding
St George's Chapel in Windsor to be venue for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's May 2018 wedding - ITV News

Double post auto-merged: November 28, 2017, 05:41:06 PM

Quote from: FanDianaFancy on November 28, 2017, 03:56:30 PM
Brief appearance.

So far so good.

We have wait and see we can have televised across UK,USA and European see the Harry and Meghan?s wedding same Charles,Edward,Andrew,Anne and William but royals can pay include security and televised also you will see that.. i watch Edward and Sophie?s wedding 18 years ago and Prince of Wales married to Camilla I?m really wanted see Harry married Meghan..

If no televised across the globe we are toasted!!

TLLK

Some speculation that Meghan will be baptized and confirmed into the Church of England. Also that she will retain her American citizenship until her British citizenship application is completed and processed. (Similar situation to Denmark's Mary and Marie, Luxembourg's Stephanie, the Netherlands' Maxima.

sandy

I don't want the trees brought in like the way they were at Kate and William's wedding. Kate had her confirmation shortly before the wedding. So I think Meghan will too.

I have no doubt this will be televised.

Harry may have been pushed further down the line by K and W's children but the children won't be able to work for about 20 or more  years. He will still be very visible and expected to work.

Double post auto-merged: November 28, 2017, 05:59:15 PM

Quote from: FanDianaFancy on November 28, 2017, 03:56:30 PM
Brief appearance.

So far so good.

Harry is one of the famous people on the planet. I have no doubts it will be televised. Sophie and Edward had theirs televised see no reason for Harry and Meghan's not being televised.

amabel

Of course it will be televised.  But I think that Windsor is a bit of a second best location, I suppose it has to do with the terrorist threats in London.

sandy

I think it is safer. But there will be massive security to state the obvious.

TLLK

QuoteI don't want the trees brought in like the way they were at Kate and William's wedding.
Oh I loved the trees so we'll have to agree to disagree on this part of wedding decorations @sandy. IMHO they were the best part of the floral decor in the Abbey that day because they created this beautiful arching path down to the altar. Also they could be replanted later.

Whatever the couple chooses for their floral decor, I'm sure it will be beautiful.  :)

wannable

Saturday May 26 or Sunday 27 so as many people can actually go and see her arriving and the couple departing in a carriage, just to come back again for the reception.

Monday May 28 is matter of fact a UK holiday, long weekend.

I don't see any other possible May dates where all the BRF can be there.

There are May dates which is a repeat of important events yearly, especially HM The Queen and one of her week duration horse events.