Author Topic: Prince Harry & Meghan Markle Wedding St George's Chapel Windsor 19/5/18 - Part 1  (Read 10712 times)

Offline Kritter

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    100%
Harry tells pals to watch wedding at Kensington Palace | Daily Mail Online

They?re calling it The Big Match ? the wedding of the year on FA Cup final day. And now it?s getting the big-screen treatment.

When Prince Harry marries Meghan Markle on May 19 at St George?s Chapel, Windsor Castle, dozens of charitable donors and supporters ? many from the US ? will watch on giant TV screens at the couple?s Kensington Palace home.

Supporters of Sentebale, the charity founded by Prince Harry in 2006 to help vulnerable children in Lesotho and Botswana, have received emails alerting them to the exclusive celebration, which will feature a reception and a ?viewing party?, an American term for a big-screen gathering popular for events such as the Oscars.

Online Curryong

• Forum Nobility
  • Activity:
    52%
    • Favorite royal: The Queen and Prince Harry
This is inevitable really, as seating at St George's is limited. It's no different to Charles inviting big donors of his to wine and dine at Highgrove for certain events when he's not there to host.

Offline wannable

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    100%
It's different, it's a wedding...charity sponsors travel expenses for a wedding tv viewing party.

A unhappy Sentebale sponsor sold the letter to the DM. That email sends a message that Harry's charities in order of importance, last place.

Online Curryong

• Forum Nobility
  • Activity:
    52%
    • Favorite royal: The Queen and Prince Harry
Yes, of course. We know Harry can do nothing right in your eyes. It doesn't show that Sentebale comes last at all. Harry's raised millions for Sentebale over the years with efforts at polo matches etc.

And this person can't be much of a sponsor, (if it's the actual sponsor who sent the email) if he/she's prepared to SELL the email to the Fail. Presumably he/she expects that every single person listed as having contributed to Sentebale over the years is entitled to a seat at Harry's wedding at St George's. What are they going to do, cram them in like sardines? 

Offline Kritter

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    100%
Why Meghan Markle's wedding dress will be more Pippa than Kate Middleton

She does have a rather American-style look, with those sleek camel coats, well-cut workwear and a casual, but very well put together weekend wardrobe.

The actress is still way cooler than Kate or Pippa, in a slick, red carpet, Hollywood sort of way that Brits just can?t seem to do.
But her wedding dress is likely to be more Pippa than Kate.

If I was styling Meghan I would go for something sleek and modern.

No vintage silhouette like Kate or lashings of Pippa lace, although I do think that she will take a simpler silhouette like Pippa.
Smooth, sharp, sculptured and ever-so-simple would look amazing.

Double post auto-merged: January 21, 2018, 07:52:55 PM

Windsor homeowners renting ?15,000 rooms for royal wedding | Daily Mail Online

Homeowners and businesses are making the most of having a Royal Wedding on their doorstep by renting out rooms for exorbitant fees.

Residents of Windsor, Berkshire, will make thousands of pounds from press and tourists hoping to catch a glimpse of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle on their big day.

The royal couple will marry in St George's Chapel at Windsor Castle, just a stone's throw away from a busy high street full of pubs and small hotels, on May 19.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 07:52:56 PM by Kritter »

Offline wannable

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    100%
Yes, of course. We know Harry can do nothing right in your eyes. It doesn't show that Sentebale comes last at all. Harry's raised millions for Sentebale over the years with efforts at polo matches etc.

And this person can't be much of a sponsor, (if it's the actual sponsor who sent the email) if he/she's prepared to SELL the email to the Fail. Presumably he/she expects that every single person listed as having contributed to Sentebale over the years is entitled to a seat at Harry's wedding at St George's. What are they going to do, cram them in like sardines? 

Harry raised millions thanks to the sponsors, Elton John being his biggest sponsor to date. The fact that one or more sponsors shared the Kensington Palace email of the TV View Party invitation to no more no less than the Daily Mail says its all, matter of fact the sharing of the email to any press is negative. 

The best the couple, especially Harry, I would have sent a formal invitation pre wedding to all his sponsors to KP reception (meet my future wife and future royal foundation member) a la Charles as you say, and diplomatically explain the Junior Wedding situation.  I am sure these sponsors would understand, rather than the TV Viewing invite, as the article states; most of the sponsors are USA based - so they are expected to purchase plane tickets, hotel, etc. for a TV viewing...shared email is because someone felt insulted.

Offline Kritter

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    100%
Does that mean that anyone who leaks a letter or note from any royal is "insulted"? I think it is a great idea to include them in his wedding by inviting them into his home since there is no room in the church.

Harry raised millions thanks to the sponsors, Elton John being his biggest sponsor to date.

Isn't that what all of them do. Charles doesn't run the Prince's Trust even though he takes all the credit & he uses sponsors to achieve that goal. But it is different for Harry, why?

Offline wannable

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    100%
For a TV Viewing party with no hosts in the likes of H&M, very likely yes, as correspondence is deemed personal and confidential, rather than share it with the press.  As I stated and I stick to it, it would have been preferable a pre wedding charity sponsor reception meet the future wife and member of the royal foundation, diplomatically explain the Junior Wedding situation rather than a TV Viewing Wedding Party where sponsors HAVE to inevitably SPEND MONEY to watch TV.

Prince Charles has his party yearly and he does go.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 08:37:14 PM by wannable »

Offline Kritter

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    100%
There will be a host but Harry will be a little busy at the particular time in question.

Offline Kritter

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    100%
Cele|bitchy | Us Weekly: Is Meghan Markle vetoing Harry?s exes from the wedding guest list?

I could see that too, that Chelsy gets an invite. They were so close and they had so many break-up and make-up cycles over the years. I thought Cressida and Harry remained somewhat friendly though? He went to see her in a play months after they broke up, although that?s not a guarantee that she?ll get invited. Kate did the same thing for her 2011 wedding ? she refused to invite one of William?s ex-girlfriends in particular (Isabella Calthorpe, who is actually Cressida?s sister).

As for the wedding dress designer? there?s a rumor going around that Meghan has already chosen? VERA WANG! Which would be interesting, I guess.

This belongs in the wedding thread. I think the new engagement thread threw me.   :lol:

Offline SophieChloe

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    64%
@Kritter  Moved Over x
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

The following users thanked this post: Kritter

Offline Izabella

• Domestic Goddess, Dietitian, and SuperMom
  • Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Boom Shaklala! nola.🎷
    • Favorite royal: 🤔 My daughter
Vera Wang? Is this like the almond milk story?  :lol:

she refused to invite one of William?s ex-girlfriends in particular (Isabella Calthorpe, who is actually Cressida?s sister

Awkward inviting an ex to a wedding though that didn't stop Chuckles.  :orchid:
People think that at the end of the day a man is the only answer. Actually, a fulfilling job is better for me. ~ Caroline Brunswick

Robert Mason was one of 78 Bolton residents killed in the Bolton Massacre, part of the English Civil War .

The following users thanked this post: Trudie, Kritter

Offline Kritter

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    100%
Will THIS be Harry's flower girl? | Daily Mail Online

Following their starring roles at Pippa Middleton's wedding, Prince George and Princess Charlotte are expected to act as flower girl and pageboy at their uncle Prince Harry's wedding to Meghan Markle in May.

However, it seems that they will not be alone with Meghan expected to enlist a second flower girl.

According to Hello! the bride-to-be is tipped to ask the daughter of her best friend Jessica Mulroney to follow her down the aisle.

Four-year-old Ivy is Jessica's youngest child and can often be seen posing for photos on her mother's Instagram account.

Offline wannable

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    100%
Priority is the celebrities, the charity sponsors are relegated to TV Viewing in KP.

She's a cute little girl.

Offline Kritter

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    100%
What are you talking about? The priority is the Bride & Groom.

Double post auto-merged: January 22, 2018, 05:09:16 AM

Obama isn't going to Harry and Meghan's wedding | Daily Mail Online

The forthcoming royal wedding between Prince Harry and Meghan Markle was branded a 'diplomatic timebomb' if Barack Obama was invited, but not Donald Trump.

And now, courtiers are doing their best to defuse the explosive.

I hear that Prince Harry, who counts Obama as a friend, won't ask the former Democrat U.S. President to his nuptials at St George's Chapel, Windsor Castle, on May 19.

'President Trump will not be invited because the wedding will be for friends and family only,' a source tells me.

Always trying to invent controversy where there is none.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 05:09:17 AM by Kritter »

Offline sara8150

• Diana-ites
  • Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    38%
    • Favorite royal: Princess Diana&Kate,Duchess of Cambridge
Harry and Meghan Markle will NOT invite 'good friend' Obama to Royal Wedding
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will NOT invite good friend Obama to wedding | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Offline Kritter

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    100%
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry latest news as hen do details revealed | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

During a trip to Cardiff last week, Ms Markle told a well-wisher she would "love" to have her hen do in the Welsh capital.

Royal superfan Anne Daley seized the opportunity to invite the bride-to-be for a tour of the local nightlife.

She said: "I asked her if she would like to come on a hen night around the nightspots of Cardiff, and she said she'd love to.

"It was overwhelming. She was so beautiful and kind."

I wonder if Harry forced the woman to say that.   :teehee:

Offline LouisFerdinand

• Forum Nobility
  • Activity:
    98%
    • Favorite royal: King William IV of Great Britain
What is the earliest a morning Royal Wedding can occur?

Offline sara8150

• Diana-ites
  • Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    38%
    • Favorite royal: Princess Diana&Kate,Duchess of Cambridge
Windsor Conservatives resign in royal wedding 'begging' row
Windsor Conservatives resign in royal wedding 'begging' row - BBC News

Double post auto-merged: January 23, 2018, 11:41:58 PM

Conservative councillors quit over Royal wedding homeless row
Conservative councillors quit over Royal wedding homeless row
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 11:45:42 PM by SophieChloe »

Offline SophieChloe

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    64%
Head Moderator Comment This thread is now locked. Part 2 can be found here : Prince Harry & Meghan Markle Wedding St George's Chapel Windsor 19/5/18 - Part 2

« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 12:13:42 AM by SophieChloe »
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

Royal Insight Forum is not responsible for the content of external sites