Prince Harry does the Royal Marine challenge

Started by HsHCharlene, July 24, 2014, 08:39:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lothwen

You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

HsHCharlene

Twitter / IkonPictures: HRH Prince Harry attended the ...

Yes it is! I've never heard of it before but it looks like a great cause to back.

TLLK

Quote from: Lothwen on July 24, 2014, 08:47:34 PM
Is it for this?

Royal Marines 1664 Challenge
I keep playing the video with Henry Cavill. :coy: Thank you for the link.

Oh and the cause looks like it's a worthy one. Maybe I should have Henry tell me about it again. :teehee:

Limabeany

I agree, TLLK...  :happy15: This HAS to be posted...  :coy:

"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

HsHCharlene

Quote from: TLLK on July 24, 2014, 09:18:57 PM
Quote from: Lothwen on July 24, 2014, 08:47:34 PM
Is it for this?

Royal Marines 1664 Challenge
I keep playing the video with Henry Cavill. :coy: Thank you for the link.

Oh and the cause looks like it's a worthy one. Maybe I should have Henry tell me about it again. :teehee:

I watched Man of Steel for the third time the other day just to see him... :coy:

cate1949

it astonishes me how much coverage trivial silly things get yet something so remarkable and worthwhile as this challenge is ignored - why was there no coverage of these people as they embarked on this challenge?  Massive fail on the part of the media

That said - what a great video clip - greatm essage - thank you for posting it

Lothwen

Since this is all over Twitter and Tumblr, is Harry going to complain?

Or do the royals only complain when the privacy invasion makes them look bad?
You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

HsHCharlene

Media only goes for what sells and for what garners clicks. Nothing positive receives as much attention as anything negative does. That's the way it usually happens.

I don't think Harry will complain about this one, it's work. It's a cause that needs support and social light shed on it. Him complaining about his privacy invasion is different, if he wants to go out with friends or on a date he doesn't need to be pictured. Everyone does have a private life and he likes to keep his private.

I noticed this and I think someone else here said it that Harry likes to keep different sides of his life compartmentalized. I think he even said there's three sides to him during some polo interview too.

Ignore the whinging, he'll be alright.  :wink:

Double post auto-merged: July 25, 2014, 03:34:30 PM

http://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/news-and-latest-activity/news/2014/july/25/140725-1664-challenge-final

QuoteHis Royal Highness Prince Harry (known as Captain Harry Wales in his military role) wished Royal Marines good luck last night before they set off from the Cutty Sark to complete the final phase of their epic '1664 challenge' with a moonlit 30 mile march which finished in London today (25th July), celebrating 350 years since their formation.
[/size]

Rebound

I was confused about this. Harry attended an event for the Marine challenge, he didn't "do" the challenge--is that right?

I never know if someone is doing something, or "doing" something. Or someone. Language changing = confused old lady        :blank:

NotWaitieKatie

:lol: I think he went and supported, but did not participate.
Just because you can.....Does not mean that you should.

HsHCharlene

:hehe:

Apologies for the wording, I meant he did the event for work, not that he actually participated. I found out that the reason the press aren't touching this one is because it's for Harry's MoD job not a royal duty, btw.

TLLK

^^^Thank you HSH Charlene. Now forget that Prince Henry...will Harry Cavill be making another video for the Royal Marines soon??? :D

robynrose

Are they going to cover the Invuctus Games ? I believe what u said about it not bring a royal engagement but if Thd Cambs were there I think we would have a little coverage .

Limabeany

Quote from: TLLK on July 25, 2014, 10:43:40 PM
^^^Thank you HSH Charlene. Now forget that Prince Henry...will Harry Cavill be making another video for the Royal Marines soon??? :D
:yesss: :notworthy:  :happy20:
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

Curryong

Quote from: robynrose on July 25, 2014, 11:42:14 PM
Are they going to cover the Invuctus Games ? I believe what u said about it not bring a royal engagement but if Thd Cambs were there I think we would have a little coverage .

I agree. If William, and especially Kate, turned up in support, the media would be there in force. I hope William, at least, will attend to back his brother in something that means so much to him.

cinrit

QuoteTime for a Beer: Prince Harry Jokes with Marines Ahead of Final Stage of Epic Challenge

Prince Harry wished Royal Marines good luck – and joked with a gesture that it was time to have a beer.

The Prince was seeing the Marines off at the historic Cutty Sark ship ahead of the final stage of an epic five-month challenge. 
Over 700 Marines marched in moonlight for 30 miles from Greenwich in south east London to the City early yesterday.

It was the last leg of several events to mark the 350th anniversary of the Marines.

More: Prince Harry jokes with beer gesture ahead of final Royal Marines challenge | UK | News | Daily Express

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.