Prince Amedeo renounces his rights to the throne

Started by HereditaryPrincess, July 28, 2015, 09:01:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HereditaryPrincess

I read on another that Prince Amedeo has renounced his rights to the Belgian throne last year. Apparently he also didn't ask royal approval to marry Elisabetta and as a result, Elisabetta has not been granted the title Princess of Belgium.

https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?sl=nl&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hln.be%2Fhln%2Fnl%2F947%2FRoyalty%2Farticle%2Fdetail%2F2406328%2F2015%2F07%2F28%2FPrins-Amedeo-niet-meer-troongerechtigd.dhtml&edit-text=&act=url

(If the link isn't direct and you use Google, it should automatically translate the article for you)

sara8150

Move over Kate and Wills! Romantic Prince of Belgium and Italian aristocrat are the new royal lovebirds on the scene... after he gave up his right to the throne to marry her
Prince Amedeo of Belgium and Elisabetta Maria Rosboch von Wolkenstein marry | Daily Mail Online

myidea

Amedeo is an good example for other prince more famous them him!

Ethic, style life example
Defamation
Any intentional false communication, either written or spoken, that harms a person's reputation; decreases the respect, regard, or confidence in which a person is held; or induces disparaging, hostile, or disagreeable opinions or feelings against a person.
Defamation may be a criminal or civil charge. It encompasses both written statements, known as libel, and spoken statements, called slander.

HereditaryPrincess

I wonder why Amedeo renounced his rights to marry Elisabetta and didn't ask approval from the King. She doesn't appear to be an inappropriate choice as a royal bride. Perhaps he just thought that since he isn't going to become King it wasn't necessary for him to ask for royal approval. It doesn't seem that they have the same system in Belgium but I know that in Britain, only the first six people in the line of succession have to ask for royal approval to marry.

amabel

That only became law in the past year, before that IIRC all descendants of George III, under the Royal Marriages Act, Had to ask for permission to marry. However the Belgian succession is fairly secure, with th King having 4 children, his brother having 3 etc.  So I suppose Amadeo didn't care and possibly prefers to be a private person

myidea

Amedeo is smart and understand is better a private life then to be a royal
Defamation
Any intentional false communication, either written or spoken, that harms a person's reputation; decreases the respect, regard, or confidence in which a person is held; or induces disparaging, hostile, or disagreeable opinions or feelings against a person.
Defamation may be a criminal or civil charge. It encompasses both written statements, known as libel, and spoken statements, called slander.

amabel

Quote from: myidea on August 01, 2015, 07:00:26 AM
Amedeo is smart and understand is better a private life then to be a royal
is it??

TLLK

Quote from: HereditaryPrincess on July 31, 2015, 08:34:24 PM
I wonder why Amedeo renounced his rights to marry Elisabetta and didn't ask approval from the King. She doesn't appear to be an inappropriate choice as a royal bride. Perhaps he just thought that since he isn't going to become King it wasn't necessary for him to ask for royal approval. It doesn't seem that they have the same system in Belgium but I know that in Britain, only the first six people in the line of succession have to ask for royal approval to marry.
I'm thinking it because he is very far down in the line of succession at this point in time. It would take a great tragedy to remove the five ahead of him (Phillipe's children and Astrid) before he'd be the heir apparent. Also it's very likely that as time goes on all of his cousins will have their own families as well pushing him further down the Belgian succession. He's more likely to inherit any Hapsburg-Este title(s) from his father anyhow. I've read on TRF that the announcement is only coming now because Belgium did not have a government last year around the time of his wedding so the news was delayed. Much like his neighbors in the NL, government approval is needed before a wedding if a family member chooses to remain in the line of succession and in recent years we saw Friso, Pieter-Christian and Floris choose not to ask for permission and they've left the royal house. They remain only as a member of the wider royal family much like Beatrix's sisters Irene and Cristina did in the 60's 70's.

Since he is going to be living life as a private citizen removing himself from the line of succession will offer him and his children greater flexibility in employment, residence etc.. than if they'd remained in it.

HereditaryPrincess

Quote from: TLLK on August 02, 2015, 05:05:28 PMI'm thinking it because he is very far down in the line of succession at this point in time.

Yes, I'd said a very similar thing in the next sentence of my post.

Quote from: TLLK on August 02, 2015, 05:05:28 PMIt would take a great tragedy to remove the five ahead of him (Phillipe's children and Astrid) before he'd be the heir apparent. Also it's very likely that as time goes on all of his cousins will have their own families as well pushing him further down the Belgian succession. He's more likely to inherit any Hapsburg-Este title(s) from his father anyhow. I've read on TRF that the announcement is only coming now because Belgium did not have a government last year around the time of his wedding so the news was delayed. Much like his neighbors in the NL, government approval is needed before a wedding if a family member chooses to remain in the line of succession and in recent years we saw Friso, Pieter-Christian and Floris choose not to ask for permission and they've left the royal house. They remain only as a member of the wider royal family much like Beatrix's sisters Irene and Cristina did in the 60's 70's.

Since he is going to be living life as a private citizen removing himself from the line of succession will offer him and his children greater flexibility in employment, residence etc.. than if they'd remained in it.

That's true and I've also read that about the time of the announcement/Belgian government. Without wanting to get too political, do you know why Belgium had no government last year?

TLLK

@HereditaryPrincess -AFAIK it was part of the seemingly never ending wranglings between the Flemish and Walloon political factions. I believe Belgium set a record for the most number of days without a government in recent years. IMHO this contributed to King Albert's decision to abdicate as it was allegedly taking a toll on his health.  :(

HereditaryPrincess

sara8150

I'm read hello magazine on digital says prince Amedeo wouldn't get throne due his uncle granted for throne because monarchy had children can get throne not Amedeo and I'm read says Phillipe not give him blessing when Amedeo and his new wife got married years ago but Amedeo and his wife lived in New York