What would Diana say?

Started by Duch_Luver_4ever, November 21, 2017, 09:02:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duch_Luver_4ever

Sorry I dont have the link but if you go on the DM you can see recent pics of Charles visiting hurricane ravaged areas, and he was crouching down to talk to them about their drawing. First, it made me think of her, and wish shed have been around, imagine her and Richard Branson could raise enough money to totally rebuild the islands.

But it also made me wonder what shed say about seeing him seeming to have taken on some of her wisdom from decades past, was ahead of its time.
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

Curryong

^ I have read that years ago but after Diana's death a friend mentioned to Charles about him getting down on his haunches to speak to small children in crowds and he reportedly said then 'Diana taught me that'. And I'm sure she did influence Charles in lots of ways, subliminal and otherwise!

TLLK

QuoteBut it also made me wonder what shed say about seeing him seeming to have taken on some of her wisdom from decades past, was ahead of its time.

I believe that she would be thrilled to see Charles and other family members adopting her style of interacting with the public. :)

Curryong

It's difficult to remember now quite how stiff and restrained in their dealings with the public the BRF was in the decades before Diana. When the Queen began her 'walkabouts' the Press were ecstatic. A monarch actually unbending enough to meet and greet some of the public who had gathered to greet her, even if it was with a barrier between them! Unheard of!

Now, the Queen is a shy and emotionally cool person and I'm not sure that I'd want a touchy feely sovereign anyway. Anne remains very practical and rather brusque. However, the younger royals, and I include the Yorkies in this, have wholly adopted the Diana hugs and the bending down to children and the genuine hand holding of the sick in a way that would have just been thought impossible in the 1970s, before Diana came. Some do it better than others because that sort of thing has to come from the heart and be natural. However, she made a difference. There's no doubt whatsoever about that.

TLLK

QuoteHowever, she made a difference. There's no doubt whatsoever about that.
:nod: :thumbsup: