Scotland may get second indyref

Started by snokitty, April 01, 2015, 06:14:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snokitty

Scotland may get second indyref - Nicola Sturgeon - The Scotsman
NICOLA Sturgeon has refused to rule out the prospect of another Scottish independence referendum before 2020.

The First Minister said yesterday she has still to decide whether to include a commitment to another vote on the constitution in the party's manifesto for next year's Holyrood elections.
"Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too"      Voltaire

I can see humor in most things & I would rather laugh than cry.    Snokitty

HistoryGirl

Cool, I've been fascinated with this and I'm glad they haven't let it just pass. It'd be interesting to see if Scotland really does manage to declare itself independent; just seeing how much has changed whether for or against would be telling with another referendum.

snokitty

Nicola Sturgeon is booed when she hints at ANOTHER independence referendum | Daily Mail Online

QuoteNicola Sturgeon was booed last night as she refused to rule out holding a second independence vote in the next few years – despite having earlier claimed 2014's referendum was a 'once in a generation' event.

Two years ago, Miss Sturgeon said of the independence vote: 'We have always said it's a once in a generation thing.'

But last night, in an election debate on Scottish TV, she said she respected last year's result, and said she would not call for another plebiscite in the SNP manifesto for the Westminster election in May.

She said she would not rule out such a call in the manifesto for the 2016 Scottish Parliament election, saying: 'That's another matter.'

The admission sparked howls of derision from the audience.

The Scottish first minister was accused of holding Britain to 'ransom' after she said she was 'offering to make Ed Miliband prime minister'.

She said she wanted to wanted to do a deal with Mr Miliband so she can influence the policies of a Labour government and keep it 'honest'.
"Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too"      Voltaire

I can see humor in most things & I would rather laugh than cry.    Snokitty