Royal Tour 2014: Engagements and appearance in Australia

Started by Jenee, April 07, 2014, 10:38:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrincessOfPeace

Tall poppy syndrome. Britain is poisoned with it. It is a bitter, chippy and envious society that attacks anyone 'better off' than themselves.

Carole Middleton's biggest crime to some is she didn't go on the dole 30 years ago and stay on the council estate.

SophieChloe

[mod]Now you are overstepping the mark, PofP, please stop. [/mod]
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

cinrit

QuoteWilliam and Kate Visit Air Force Base in Queensland  (Video)

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have visited an air base in Queensland on the fourth day of their first official tour of Australia.

More: BBC News - William and Kate visit air force base in Queensland

QuoteCambridges Charm Brisbane Reception  (Video)

They always come with great pomp and ceremony but Queenslanders are struck by just how down to earth the Duke and Duchess are.

From drought-stricken farmers, to sporting greats and the state's top politicians, all have been humbled by rubbing shoulders with Their Royal Highnesses.

Queensland Governor Penelope Wensley and Premier Campbell NewMan dashed back to Brisbane from Amberley to welcome the royal couple for the second time in a day.

Grazier Barry Hughes says Prince William was genuinely interested in the plight of the state's farmers.

More: Cambridges charm Brisbane reception | Sky News Australia

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

Lothwen

From the article posted above

QuoteThe youngest person to sail around the world solo, Jessica Watson, was humbled by the duchess

I find statements like this to be odd.  Shouldn't it be the other way around?  Shouldn't Kate have been humbled by Jessica Watson?  I am humbled by people who are more intelligent and more accomplished than I am.  This girl has accomplished more than Kate, and she's half her age.
You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

PrincessOfPeace

People are allowed to admire Kate, for whatever reasons they see fit.

SophieChloe

^ Well of course.  People are also allowed to pull her up, when they see fit to do so. 

Lothwen

^^PrincessofPeace, I agree with you.  People admire others for a variety of reasons :flower:

It's just, for me, looking at these two women, the one I admire is not the Duchess.   Different strokes for different folks, I guess.
Harryite 12-005

SophieChloe

Quote from: Lothwen on April 19, 2014, 08:35:06 PM
From the article posted above

QuoteThe youngest person to sail around the world solo, Jessica Watson, was humbled by the duchess

I find statements like this to be odd.  Shouldn't it be the other way around?  Shouldn't Kate have been humbled by Jessica Watson?  I am humbled by people who are more intelligent and more accomplished than I am.  This girl has accomplished more than Kate, and she's half her age.
I agree.  It seems rather arse about face to me.   

robynrose

I see nothing to truly admire Kate for . The press has been waiting for this tour to really build her up , I do think she has had another lesson in how little she has to do to create  all this admiration . SHE is a great actress and  the press has continue to provide her with great reviews and box office coverage . However I have never been a fan of  reruns

Lady Adams

Oooh, that last line is wonderful, RobynRose.

Quote from: robynrose on April 19, 2014, 08:57:06 PM
SHE is a great actress and  the press has continue to provide her with great reviews and box office coverage . However I have never been a fan of  reruns
:notworthy:  :goodpost:
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

Lothwen

So the Cambridges' are going to the Royal Easter show today. Here's the website

Sydney Royal Easter Show || Sydney Royal Easter Show

It looks like a laid back, fun sort of event.  Very casual and informal, like spending the day at the fair.  I hope they bring George with them.
Harryite 12-005

SophieChloe

Quote from: Lady Adams on April 19, 2014, 09:08:23 PM
Oooh, that last line is wonderful, RobynRose.

Quote from: robynrose on April 19, 2014, 08:57:06 PM
SHE is a great actress and  the press has continue to provide her with great reviews and box office coverage . However I have never been a fan of  reruns
:notworthy:  :goodpost:
I agree. 

When the pair of them return to the UK....it will be lazy stations once again....IMO   :Jen:. 

PrincessOfPeace

QuoteAfter a whirlwind visit to Brisbane yesterday the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will spend Easter Sunday in Sydney, attending a church service and signing a precious book known as the Fleet Bible.

Prince William and Catherine this morning will take part in the Easter service at St Andrew's Cathedral.

The royal couple are then scheduled to visit Taronga Park Zoo's bilby enclosure, where one of the animals will be named after their son, Prince George.

There is speculation the eight-month-old prince may meet his namesake, although his appearance has not been confirmed.

Late in the afternoon the royals will leave Sydney for Canberra where they will stay the night at Government House.

Royal visit itinerary - Australia

April 16 - Sydney, NSW - Opera House reception
    April 17 - Blue Mountains, NSW - visiting bushfire-affected areas
    April 18 - Sydney, NSW
    April 19 - Brisbane, Qld - RAAF base visit
    April 20 - Sydney, NSW - Easter Sunday church service
    April 21 - Canberra, ACT
    April 22 - Uluru, NT
    April 23 - Adelaide, SA - Meet young Australians at Northern Sound System
    April 24 - Canberra, ACT - Reception at Parliament House
    April 25 - Canberra, ACT - Anzac Day march and service at War Memorial
More: Royal visit: William and Catherine to sign historic Fleet Bible in Sydney - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Lothwen

Guess I forgot that the Easter show was on Friday.....

Okay, so the church service is at 8:30am, which is in about 30 minutes, so we should get pictures of them arriving and leaving the church.

Harryite 12-005

Lady Adams

:dance:

Quote from: Lady Adams on April 10, 2014, 02:06:20 AM
I thought it might be interesting to keep track of how many hours they spend on engagements. I've taken start and end times from Twitter. Here's how it breaks down, according to tweets by whoever is "on duty" in the press pool.

April 7: They arrived and had the welcoming ceremony, Landed 12.00 NZ time (first tweet by @RoyalReporter at the airport) last tweet @ByEmilyAndrews at the conclusion of the ceremony at 14.30 NZ= 2.5 hours
April 8: Rest
April 9: Play Date: 14.30 NZ- 17.00 NZ tweets from @ByEmilyAndrews= 2.5 hours
April 10:
Aviation & Wreath Laying Event, 11.30 NZ- 14.00 via Tweets by @QueenVicMirror and @BritishRoyals= 2.5 hours
Prince William, two 20-min meetings (reported by Daily Mail): 1 hour
Reception: 18.55 NZ time from @BritishRoyals - 19:47 NZ time from @RE_DailyMail: 1 hour
Total: 4.5 hours
April 11: 2 Events ( Boat rides, and meeting Air Force Personnel)
11:28 NZ arrival by tweeted by @GovGeneralNZ; 15:59 NZ Time departure, again tweeted by@GovGeneralNZ.
April 12: 2 Events (William to Air craft facility; Kate to Hospice, then both to meet the Olympic Athletes)
11:08 NZ arrival tweeted by @APProyalvisit; 16:15 NZ departure tweeted by @GovGeneralNZ.
Total: 5 hours
April 13: 4 events (Maori Tribe Welcome, Visiting Cathedral, Watching a Rugby game, and Wine Tasting)
09:46 NZ Arrived in Dunedin via @QueenMirVic; 16:37 end of wine tasting b @RE_DailyMail
Total: 7 hours

Week One Total: 19 hours

April 14: 2 Events (Memorial service, watching a Cricket game, and visiting a Museum)
10:50 NZ Arrived at Christchurch, via @RoyalReporter; 15:14 via @APPRoyalVisit
April 15: Rest
April 16: 3 Events (Visiting police college, signing city book)
11:03 NZ Arrival via @BritishRoyals; 13:59 departure from New Zealand via @APPRoyalVisit
Total: 3.0 hours (NZ)
New Zealand's final total is 26.5.
(Off to Australia, then reception at Sydney Opera House)
15:34 AUS Arrival on plane to Sydney via @RE_DailyMail; 17:39 AUS Arrival to Admiralty House, where they will stay, via @phildampier;
Total: 2.0 hours (AUS)
Total: 5.0 hours
April 17: 1 Event (Visit fire ravaged street)
11:01 AUS arrvial via @BritishRoyals; 15:45 AUS departure via @julesskynews = 4.75
+Will's 20 minute meeting with Tony Abbott
Total 5.0 hours
April 18: 3 Events (Royal Easter Show, Hospice, and watching life-savers demonstration)
10:54 Royal Show arrival via @BritishRoyals; 16:39 AUS beach departure via @QueenVicMirror
Total: 5.75

April 19: 2 Events (Checking out the RAF site and reception)
10:58 AUS Queensland arrival via @RoyalReporter; 16:08 AUS walkabout end via @RoyalReporter
Total: 5 hours

April 20: 2 Events (Service at cathedral and visiting the zoo)
April 21: Rest
April 22: 1 Event (Visiting National Ingenious Training Academy)
April 23: 2 Events (Music workshop and watching skateboarders)
April 24: 3 events (National Portrait Gallery, reception, and tree planting)
April 25: 3 Events  (ANZAC Day March, wreath laying, tree planting.)
[/quote]
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

Limabeany

"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

Lady Adams

^^You got it, dude.

My vacations are officially busier than this "working tour"  :doh:

Orchid

Quote from: Lady Adams on April 19, 2014, 10:43:08 PM
My vacations are officially busier than this "working tour"  :doh:

Thanks for providing an itemised itinerary, Lady Adams.  It's always useful to have a quick point reference like this.
"Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things."
-Winston Churchil

Aduk

Quote from: sara8150 on April 18, 2014, 08:30:46 PM
Wills and Kate don't wanted baby George in spotlight as young till older enough but the new parents have rightful to protect baby George from spotlight and don't wanted publish without knowledge at palace or Clarence House have permit to magazine publish include hello,people,us weekly,majesty,royalty,etc of magazine agency or newspaper agency who publish under for that at royal palace..
I agree, Kate and Will's and George's privacy should be respected by the media. It would be nice to think George could enjoy his childhood without a constant media glare - something he was born into, all be it for understandable reasons.

PrincessOfPeace

QuoteEXPECTATIONS are high that Prince George will finally come out to play with his parents, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

The palace was working towards at least one public appearance in Australia by the royal tot, and the visit to Sydney's Taronga Zoo this afternoon by Prince William and Catherine was top of the list.

The wildcards were the weather — which is glorious — and the temperament of an eight-month-old baby.

A big crowd is tipped to turn out, hopefully to see George at the bilby enclosure to be named in his honour. The family will also see tree kangaroos, giraffes and a rhino conservation display.

This morning, William and Kate attended an Easter Sunday church service at St Andrew's Cathedral.
More: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/in-depth/royal-family/royals-to-attend-church-and-zoo/story-fngk74yq-1226890363083

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail

Beautiful: the Duchess of Cambridge in McQueen and Jane Taylor on Easter Sunday #royavisitaus Twitter / RE_DailyMail: Beautiful: the Duchess of ...

Lothwen

The service was supposed to start at 10:30 Easter Celebration | St Andrew's Cathedral

Sorry, but I find it rude that they've arrived late.
Harryite 12-005

robynrose

They must have had to change George and get him ready for his next engagement so they were running late   So maybe traffic

Lothwen

Harryite 12-005

Lady Adams

Quote from: Lothwen on April 20, 2014, 12:46:37 AM
The service was supposed to start at 10:30 Easter Celebration | St Andrew's Cathedral

Sorry, but I find it rude that they've arrived late.
Richard Palmer tweeted they'd arrived at 10:26 AUS... so I don't think they were late-- just cutting it very very close.