Duke of What????

Started by Duch_Luver_4ever, December 02, 2016, 02:57:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulaB

Quote from: SophieChloe on April 10, 2017, 06:37:08 PM
What makes a "Royal"?  Born from the right whoowhoo?  Or from a line of  thieves?   Same thing I suppose.  Again, as I said "IMO it is a massive con"

Now with regards to "Mr & Mrs" that is a legal status.  Royal titles are just fiddling to cover the UK  - Made Up to fool the public that they are above us. 

My middle name is Christine - if I decided to call myself that after donkey years I would expect to be laughed at.  When he has been know as Charles since his birth. 

Is Charlie trying to put his past to bed?  I wonder.
Using a different name from the name you where known as is not uncommon.  George VI was Albert Frederick Arthur George his brother though he was Edward Albert Christian George Andrew Patrick David was known as David, his grandfather was Albert Edward (Bertie) so Charles Philip Arthur George choosing to be George VII would not  be unusual.

amabel

well indeed Paula "ordinary" people change their names too, and if Charles wanted to be known as George VII he'd be quite iwthin his rights.  but I don't think that there is any strong evidence that he actually does want to do it...

SophieChloe

They are made up and then become the norm.  Heck, if why not go for Wizards and Dragons?  IMO just as silly. 

Take George & Charlotte's birth certificates for example : Father and Mother are listed as "Prince" & "Princess" of the UK"!

What does that entail exactly?..... Continue to live on the Good Ship Lollipop is all I can muster  :shrug:. 

Double post auto-merged: April 18, 2017, 06:11:14 PM

Quote from: PaulaB on April 16, 2017, 04:54:28 PM
Quote from: SophieChloe on April 10, 2017, 06:37:08 PM
What makes a "Royal"?  Born from the right whoowhoo?  Or from a line of  thieves?   Same thing I suppose.  Again, as I said "IMO it is a massive con"

Now with regards to "Mr & Mrs" that is a legal status.  Royal titles are just fiddling to cover the UK  - Made Up to fool the public that they are above us. 

My middle name is Christine - if I decided to call myself that after donkey years I would expect to be laughed at.  When he has been know as Charles since his birth. 

Is Charlie trying to put his past to bed?  I wonder.
Using a different name from the name you where known as is not uncommon.  George VI was Albert Frederick Arthur George his brother though he was Edward Albert Christian George Andrew Patrick David was known as David, his grandfather was Albert Edward (Bertie) so Charles Philip Arthur George choosing to be George VII would not  be unusual.
I thought they were *Modernising*?   :hmm:
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

LouisFerdinand

@SophieChloe, How did you think the Royals were modernizing with regnal names?

SophieChloe

@LouisFerdinand I was replying to the above poster (Paula B) who was reciting old names....

I thought Charles and his boys were meant to be Modernising the Monarchy? 

Must stick in the craw that William's wife is still Kate Middleton. 
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

LouisFerdinand

What if Prince Henry received the title of Duke of Portsmouth?

Curryong

^ Because there's already an Earldom of Portsmouth in the possession of the Wallop family since 1743. It has no Royal provenance whatsoever, either.

LouisFerdinand

Could Prince Harry be given the title of Duke of Kendal? In 1816 at the time of the marriage of Princess Charlotte of Wales to Prince Leopold of Saxe-Coburg, it was announced that Leopold was to be created Duke of Kendal. However, this did not happen.

FanDianaFancy

Reports  are, HRH, Prince Henry, Duke of Sussex  along with  his  current titles. I do not the correct styling and care not to look it up....as far the HRH  is placed,  etc.
When PC  is  K,  no doubt,   PH  will  get  another title....yet  probably not  informally  called by that  since that day  will be  a long time away  when  PC s K and then  PW  becomes K  and  PH will be  called DofSussex for so long by the time PC becomes K and by the time PW becomes K.

Meghan, HRH, The Duchess of Sussex...however it is  styled. HRH before or  after title, I  do  not  know, do not care....just saying it, HRH,   is  in there some kind  of way.

Will  she  go by  Rachel, her  first  name,  or continue  as she had  been always called and is known in the media  by Meghan?
Rachel Meghan Markle.

TLLK

QuoteSussex seems to be the common consensus for Harry's dukedom, probably based on the fact that there few dukedoms available with any Royal provenance at all.

I agree that it is likely to be Sussex though we likely will not know until Harry's wedding day.