Favourite Outfits of the BRF Women

Started by Canuck, July 31, 2014, 06:03:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canuck

Since things are quiet around here right now, I thought it might be time for a fun fashion topic.  What are your favourite outfits worn by the ladies of the BRF?

I wasn't around through all of the Queen's reign, but here are two favourites I've seen in retrospectives (one from her younger years and one more recent):
The top picture here:  Queen Elizabeth II: 60 years of impeccable style - Telegraph
Queen Elizabeth II begins her 20th trip to Northern Ireland - Photos

In looking at her clothing, I found this retrospective particularly good.  Her Majesty was extremely stylish in her day!
The Young Queen Elizabeth - Royal Gowns from the 1950s | Edelweiss Patterns Blog

For Camilla, her wedding dress is far and away my favourite.  It was an occasion I imagine was very difficult to find the right tone for, and in my opinion she handled it perfectly:
The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Readers? Top 10 Wedding Gowns: #7. The Duchess of Cornwall

I'm also impressed by how well Camilla pulls off the very biggest tiaras in the BRF vault.  This was a great look, too:
Camilla Attends State Dinner for Obama

For Kate, I find it difficult to choose just one or two looks, as I love so much of what she wears.  But here are two I'm particularly fond of right now:
Day 5 of the Royal Visit: Kate wears Alexander McQueen in Prince Edward Island - Louloumagazine.com
Kate Shines in Jenny Packham, a Prada Purse, Links of London & LK Bennett ยป What Kate Wore

TLLK

Outstanding selections for the BRF ladies!!! HM in her youth and her beautiful blue for NI. Camilla's wedding attire is among my favorites and perfectly suited for a second marriage. The state dinner outfit with the tiara and jewelry were very elegant for the evening. Not a fan of the McQueen knit outfit, but like the ponytail for Kate. The Jenny Packman pink gown is one of her very best evening looks ever.