Countess of Wessex attends The Christmas Meeting at Ascot Racecourse

Started by snokitty, December 20, 2014, 05:17:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snokitty

Sophie Countess of Wessex attends The Christmas Meeting at Ascot... News Photo 460711718 | Getty Images

QuoteASCOT, ENGLAND - DECEMBER 20: Sophie, Countess of Wessex attends The Christmas Meeting at Ascot Racecourse on December 20, 2014 in Ascot, England. (Photo by Mark Cuthbert/UK Press via Getty Images)
"Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too"      Voltaire

I can see humor in most things & I would rather laugh than cry.    Snokitty

cinrit

QuotePrince Edward and Sophie In Good Spirits As They Enjoy a Pre-Christmas Trip to Royal Ascot with the Kids

The Countess of Wessex, was all smiles as she appeared at the Christmas Meeting at Ascot Racecourse for a family day out.  Sophie, 49, arrived with her husband Prince Edward, the Earl of Wessex, her son James Viscount Severn and her daughter Lady Louise Windsor to the second day of the Meeting, Ascot's most valuable day of Jumps racing.

The Earl and Countess appeared to enjoy the day at the races, where Sophie also presented top jockey Daryl Jacob with a bottle of Champagne after he won the JLT Long Walk Hurdle on Reve De Sivola.

Royal Ascot has become much more than horses and royalty in recent years with fashion, in particular outlandish hats, taking centre stage.

More: Countess of Wessex in good spirits as she enjoys a pre-Christmas trip to Royal Ascot  | Daily Mail Online

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

snokitty

The Countess of Wessex was joined by her family at Ascot - hellomagazine.com

QuoteThe Countess of Wessex and her family enjoyed a day out at Ascot on Saturday. Sophie and her husband Prince Edward and their two children Lady Louise Windsor and James, Viscount Severn were out and about The Christmas Meeting at the famous Berkshire racecourse.

Sophie, 49, who was dressed in a smart grey skirt, matching jacket, tights and black boots, was charged with presenting prizes including a bottle of champagne to the day's winners.
"Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too"      Voltaire

TLLK

Quote from: cinrit on December 20, 2014, 05:33:19 PM
QuotePrince Edward and Sophie In Good Spirits As They Enjoy a Pre-Christmas Trip to Royal Ascot with the Kids

The Countess of Wessex, was all smiles as she appeared at the Christmas Meeting at Ascot Racecourse for a family day out.  Sophie, 49, arrived with her husband Prince Edward, the Earl of Wessex, her son James Viscount Severn and her daughter Lady Louise Windsor to the second day of the Meeting, Ascot's most valuable day of Jumps racing.

The Earl and Countess appeared to enjoy the day at the races, where Sophie also presented top jockey Daryl Jacob with a bottle of Champagne after he won the JLT Long Walk Hurdle on Reve De Sivola.

Royal Ascot has become much more than horses and royalty in recent years with fashion, in particular outlandish hats, taking centre stage.

More: Countess of Wessex in good spirits as she enjoys a pre-Christmas trip to Royal Ascot  | Daily Mail Online

Cindy
:o Just realized how much Lady Louise has changed since the last time I saw one of her photographs. You can start to see the face she'll have as a teen and young adult. Sophie looks very sharp today.

Curryong

Quote from: TLLK on December 20, 2014, 10:51:24 PM
Quote from: cinrit on December 20, 2014, 05:33:19 PM

Cindy
:o Just realized how much Lady Louise has changed since the last time I saw one of her photographs. You can start to see the face she'll have as a teen and young adult. Sophie looks very sharp today.

The family looks very happy together. Sophie looks nice, James is growing up and so is Louise. I think she resembles Edward/the Windsors.

Macrobug

Her features do but the shape of her face and her stance/posture is looking more and more like Sophie.  Lucky girl.  I like her dress...that print is fun.
GNU Terry Pratchett

snokitty

Royal delight at Ascot for Lady Louise | Royal | News | Daily Express
The 11-year-old daughter of Prince Edward and Sophie, the Countess of Wessex, appears to have inherited her mother's good looks while also resembling her grandmother the Queen as a young girl.

The Wessex family were in the Royal Box for the Christmas racing weekend at Ascot, which has become synonymous with the royals thanks to their love of horses.

Joined by her seven-year-old brother James, Viscount Severn, Louise appeared engrossed in the jump racing.

TLLK

Quote from: Macrobug on December 20, 2014, 11:19:13 PM
Her features do but the shape of her face and her stance/posture is looking more and more like Sophie.  Lucky girl.  I like her dress...that print is fun.
I agree. Sophie face shape is certainly there. I believe that she'll favor her more than the Windsors as an adult. I also think that her hair will stay blonde as well.

Jennifer

QuoteSophie of Wessex with her kids at Christmas horse racing

The Countess of Wessex, Sophie, enjoyed some pre-Christmas fun on Saturday with her husband Prince Edward and the couple's two children, Lady Louise Windsor and James, Viscount Severn, at the second day of the annual Christmas Meeting at Ascot Racecourse in Ascot, Berkshire.
The second day is Ascot's most valuable day of Jumps racing with family activities at the fairground where guests can meet Father Christmas and join in the carol singing.

Sophie of Wessex appeared to be in a great mood during the day and sported her stylish tweed suit from 2009 which she teamed with black knee length boots and a black cashmere scarf with silver detail and fringe trim. She accessorised with her Louis Vuitton leather bag and a set of diamond and gold earrings by the luxury jewellery brand Amrapali Jewels.

Her 11-year-old daughter, Lady Louise, chose to dress in line with the day's theme wearing an ivory silk satin dress from Pale Cloud with an all over horse print and a high mandarin style collar. During the day, the keen horse riding fan was spotted engrossed in the Christmas Racing Weekend booklet, probably scouring the day's programme of events.

Read more:
http://royalista.com/71816/sophie-of-wessex-with-her-kids-at-christmas-horse-racing/
"You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination". ~ Ralph Marston

HereditaryPrincess

Both of the Wessex children have grown up so fast! I still think Louise is very much a Windsor but I do understand where the Sophie observations come from. Her facial structure is very much like Sophie's. I don't know who James looks like, but he definitely doesn't resemble the Windsors for me.

I loved how Louise's outfit has horses on it as it gives a nod to the event. James looks so adorable in his little suit.

Molly2101

Quote from: HereditaryPrincess on December 24, 2014, 04:13:41 PM
Both of the Wessex children have grown up so fast! I still think Louise is very much a Windsor but I do understand where the Sophie observations come from. Her facial structure is very much like Sophie's. I don't know who James looks like, but he definitely doesn't resemble the Windsors for me.

I loved how Louise's outfit has horses on it as it gives a nod to the event. James looks so adorable in his little suit.

I am so late to this party but I had forgotten about this forum...  :flower:

James looks like Sophie as a child right down to his dimples and he looks a lot like his cousin Harry (Rhys-Jones).

Sophie as a child

The brown haired boy is Harry + Harry and Sophie

James is definitely a Rhys-Jones and not a Windsor, whereas Louise is all Windsorified!

"Chance meeting your perfect other, your perfect opposite - your protector and endangerer. Chance embarking with this other on the greatest of journeys."

HereditaryPrincess

@Molly2101, I would love to see the photos but it says I'm forbidden. (I can see the photo of Sophie as a child though.)

Molly2101

Quote from: HereditaryPrincess on March 09, 2015, 02:27:24 PM
@Molly2101, I would love to see the photos but it says I'm forbidden. (I can see the photo of Sophie as a child though.)

Sorry here are the photos.

The brown haired boy is Harry + Sophie and Harry + Sophie + Harry
"Chance meeting your perfect other, your perfect opposite - your protector and endangerer. Chance embarking with this other on the greatest of journeys."

TLLK

HereditaryPrincess

@TLLK, it was mentioned it @Molly2101's original post that the brown haired Harry is Harry Rhys-Jones, who is a cousin of Louise and James (meaning that he would be Sophie's nephew). :flower: