Palace Confirms Princess Anne and Prince Edward to Visit Australia

Started by cinrit, October 01, 2014, 12:21:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cinrit

QuoteThe Queen's daughter Princess Anne will be the first to arrive with a four-day visit to Australia from October 21 for four days before she travels on to Vanuatu for five days.
The following month, her brother the Earl of Wessex Prince Edward, the Queen's youngest and reportedly favourite child, will also fly to Australia.

The 50-year-old is trustee to the youth awards program that carries Prince Philip, his father's title Duke of Edinburgh.

On October 29 Prince Edward will travel to Korea before flying onto Australia on November 3 for four days. The palace also declined to provide his schedule. The Prince is well acquainted  with the Aussie ways having being part of the official welcoming for Team Australia in Scotland for the Commonwealth Games earlier this year in his role as vice-patron of the Games' federation.

More: Palace confirms royals Princess Anne and Prince Edward to visit Australia

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

TLLK

Great to see the Princess Royal and EoW supporting projects that are important to them in other parts of the Commonwealth.

cate1949

Vanuatu is one of those island nations that is being overcome by rising sea levels - very tiny place - nice morale builder for the people there to have her visit -

snokitty

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/latest-news/prince-edward-to-visit-sydney-high-school/story-fn3dxiwe-1227111577180?nk=7c92c3d6b51b64957156e737046da021
THE Earl of Wessex, who is Prince Charles' younger brother, will showcase the Duke of Edinburgh's International Award at Ashfield Boys High School on Tuesday morning.
The prince is in the country to commemorate Australia's more than 50-year participation in the award.

Some neighbouring schools have also been invited to the event, including Burwood Girls High School.
"Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too"      Voltaire

I can see humor in most things & I would rather laugh than cry.    Snokitty

cinrit

snokitty

Prince Edward makes awkward arrival at Sydney fundraising lunch | Daily Mail Online
Prince Edward the Earl of Wessex appeared to make an awkward arrival at a Sydney fundraiser on Monday.

The 50-year-old was spotted visiting The Royal Prince Edward Yacht Club at Point Piper, slightly struggling to step out of a boat as security guards looked on.

Wearing a crisp charcoal coloured suit, the third son of Queen Elizabeth II was seen using his arms to support himself as he stepped onto the jetty.

Teaming his grey blazer and matching trousers with a white shirt, the royal went on to finish off his look with a light patterned tie.

Prince Edward is in Australia for a whirlwind five-day trip dedicated to celebrating more than 50 years of The Duke Of Edinburgh International Award first launched by his father Prince Phillip in 1956.

"Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too"      Voltaire

TLLK

cinrit

^^ I agree ... I was expecting him to fall, or at least trip.  But it looked like a good "landing" to me.

Cindy

snokitty

The DM is always using sensational headlines to grab attention.

cinrit

QuotePrince Edward Visits Perth's Kings Park

Prince Edward has visited Perth's Kings Park as part of his whirlwind visit to Western Australia for the Duke of Edinburgh's International Award.

The Earl of Wessex, who is Prince Charles's younger brother, toured Australia over five days to commemorate Australia's 50-year participation in the adventure and community service scheme that recognises young people's achievements.

Prince Edward started his Australian trip in Sydney on Monday with a visit to NSW Parliament.

On Thursday, he attended the "Kings of the Kitchen" fundraising dinner at Crown Perth, with chefs from Nobu, Fraser's and Leeuwin Estate preparing the dishes.

More: Prince Edward visits Perth s Kings Park - The West Australian

Cindy

HereditaryPrincess

Australia seems to be a popular royal tour destination within the BRF. Will Anne and Edward be performing any engagements together? It would be nice to see them do so.