Camilla \'Broke Prince Charles\'s heart\' books claim says

Started by sara8150, June 24, 2017, 01:03:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

royalanthropologist

It is extraordinary how selective some people are in their beliefs. Absolutely incredible. Not even a police report will convince them that Diana was having an inappropriate relationship with a married man. In some cases I have seen people here deny the truth in Diana's own words caught on record and even on camera. They say it is not true what she is saying. Not true. I was amused when someone suggested that Diana really wanted to say she wanted a divorce when she said she did not want a divorce or that she did not really mean that she threw herself down the stairs when pregnant, despite saying that very same thing on tape and in writing.  Absolutely incredible.
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

sandy

The married man has kept his mouth shut for over twenty years. He did not arrest Diana or anything like that. Diana had no criminal record.  Diana was not caught on camera calling Hoare. that seems to be a myth. Charles also said he never wanted to marry again (and he said this publicly). Absolutely incredible.

Whatever happened on the stairs Diana did not have any serious injuries so it was not a serious fall.

amabel

what are you talkig about Sandy. Of course Hoare did not "arrest Diana".. but he could have pressed charges.  he chose not to do so, because he didn't want the embarrassment of his affair becoming publicly confirmed and her being charged.
I don't know what you men by this thing you've brought up about Diana being caught on camera.  No she wasn't caught on camera, but the police traced the calls and it is obvious that it was her.
And she DID say on tape that she "threw herself down some stairs BEARING In mind that she was carrying a child"... so clarly she did not think that there was anything wrong with saying that she had tried to hurt or kill herself and her baby, to scare Charles.

sandy

But he did not. So why is this continually dredged up? The man was no saint. He and his wife are still together though and wisely he has kept his mouth shut. He pursued her and what business did HE have doing that. He had kept a mistress before she saw Diana. I think the man knew enough not to take the moral high ground.

If Diana wanted to kill herself she would have done so. She was never on "suicide" watch. she got bruised from falling down a few steps not the entire staircase.

TLLK

In all honesty all of the battles of the War of the Wales are "continually dredged up"  on various royal forums, the DM comment section etc.. Also the police have had the technology to trace calls for decades now.

The Horare family chose not to press charges in the end, but the information as to who was making some of the nuisance calls that they were receiving was made public. That was likely enough to curb the behavior from those involved.

amabel

Quote from: sandy on June 25, 2017, 11:36:56 AM
But he did not. So why is this continually dredged up? The man was no saint. He and his wife are still together though and wisely he has kept his mouth shut. He pursued her and what business did HE have doing that. He had kept a mistress before she saw Diana. I think the man knew enough not to take the moral high ground.

If Diana wanted to kill herself she would have done so. She was never on "suicide" watch. she got bruised from falling down a few steps not the entire staircase.
and  can you not see the discrepancy between what Diana SAID happened..and what actually did happen
and again, the fact that Hoare pursued Diana does not mean that she had to say yes to him.  Millions of women have men making a pass at thtem.  if they don't want an affair, they say No...

Double post auto-merged: June 25, 2017, 02:52:04 PM

Quote from: TLLK on June 25, 2017, 02:05:23 PM
The Horare family chose not to press charges in the end, but the information as to who was making some of the nuisance calls that they were receiving was made public. That was likely enough to curb the behavior from those involved.

of course they were from Diana.  IIRC the police suggested that Hoare speak to the "silent caller"...

sara8150

sandy

In all honesty all of the battles of the War of the Wales are "continually dredged up"  on various royal forums, the DM comment section etc.. Also the police have had the technology to trace calls for decades now.

The Hoare Family would not have pressed charges since HOare would have had to air his own dirty linen in the process.

Double post auto-merged: June 26, 2017, 12:10:24 AM

Quote from: amabel on June 25, 2017, 02:50:20 PM
Quote from: sandy on June 25, 2017, 11:36:56 AM

and  can you not see the discrepancy between what Diana SAID happened..and what actually did happen
and again, the fact that Hoare pursued Diana does not mean that she had to say yes to him.  Millions of women have men making a pass at thtem.  if they don't want an affair, they say No...

Double post auto-merged: June 25, 2017, 02:52:04 PM

of course they were from Diana.  IIRC the police suggested that Hoare speak to the "silent caller"...

As I said if she had wanted to commit suicide, she would have.

Hoare would not have dared to press charges and air his own dirty linen. He'd have to explain why he was calling the PRincess of Wales and going to her place at KP.

Hoare could have stayed faithful to his wife and not gotten himself involved with the mistress before he started seeing Diana. And he could have not encouraged DIana.

royalanthropologist

In all honesty, I can understand why Diana completely lost it. She had these expectations of a big romance and later was to learn that her husband did not want to even get married to her at all, was crying before the wedding about his mistake in proposing and had promised his eternal dying love to another woman. That can be demoralizing especially if you have been told you were drop dead gorgeous by everyone. That marriage was a disaster that turned into a tragedy.
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

sandy

HE did not want to get married to her at all? Then why on earth did he ask her out, propose to her, and marry her? He must be a weirdo. If Charles felt so strongly about it, he could have stopped seeing Diana at any time. He would have done her a favor if he had been honest.  Diana was only 19. Charles own ineptness and being so wishy washy was the problem. Charles sounds like a big baby.

royalanthropologist

Marriage made in hell that actually harmed everyone involved including the institution of monarchy. Even the royal servants were caught up in the drama. Must have been a nightmare to live in that household. I bet the queen bitterly regrets not paying attention to all the clues about the forthcoming drama when they were all there. It is perplexing why Charles never broke it off when the problems started (and they did start before the actual marriage). Ostriching is the Windsor disease and they have suffered for it.

TLLK

The Hoare Family would not have pressed charges since HOare would have had to air his own dirty linen in the process.

They could have chosen to press charges if they wanted to do so. Other than admitting to a romantic liaison with someone other than his/her spouse, there is no law that would have prevented them from doing so.  I don't think that "dirty linen" would have been an issue for Oliver and Diane Horare if they decided to have their harasser(s) prosecuted.  :shrug:

royalanthropologist

The Hoare's were the victims of a stalking campaign. It is a testament to the tunnel vision that surrounds all things Diana that somehow a critique of Diana's behavior is  turned into a trial of the Hoare's. Oliver Hoare had an affair but that did not give Diana the right to stalk his wife and make those weird calls. No right at all. It is an outrage to say that since Hoare cheated or had other girlfriends; the family had to put up with Diana's antics of calling their family home obsessively.

It was Diana who made a fuss when her husband committed adultery before doing exactly the same. No amount of excuse-making is going to wipe that little fact away. We keep referring to it in the very same way that some Diana fans keep repeating all the transgressions that Camilla committed 20 years ago. It is some Diana fans and Diana herself who were on the high horse of condemning adultery until Diana did it herself, with a married man no less.

sandy

Hoare is no victim. Not by a long shot.  WHy was he pursuing a married woman?  You keep repeating the same phone call stuff. Hoare never went on about it as much as you do probably. DIana did not break up the HOares marriage.

Quote from: royalanthropologist on June 26, 2017, 02:17:57 AM
Marriage made in hell that actually harmed everyone involved including the institution of monarchy. Even the royal servants were caught up in the drama. Must have been a nightmare to live in that household. I bet the queen bitterly regrets not paying attention to all the clues about the forthcoming drama when they were all there. It is perplexing why Charles never broke it off when the problems started (and they did start before the actual marriage). Ostriching is the Windsor disease and they have suffered for it.

Charles wanted heirs. The Queen avoided the Camilla issue for years. She knew he was sleeping with her years before Diana. Charles was the problem.

royalanthropologist

No. The Hoare family were victims of stalking and silent phone calls made by Diana. It became so bad that the police had to be called in.  No amount of attacks on Hoare, his family,  messenger or the message is going to change that fact. A very public victim of adultery had been committing adultery and was also harassing another woman's family.   I keep repeating that for the exact reason that Diana fans keep repeating Charles and Camilla's transgressions. And, I will keep bringing up that fact to counter the narrative that the villains are everybody but Diana.

Also if Charles was the problem, why did Diana want to remain married to him? Why did she not reject his proposals? Why did she not ask for a divorce earlier on? Why did she insist that she loved him despite doing everything her power to paint him as the devil incarnate? Whenever any outsider starts acting as investigator, judge, jury and executioner of people's private lives; they end up making indefensible statements. If Charles was the problem, Diana would have been the happiest person on earth after her divorce but she clearly wasn't. Allegedly she said it was the saddest day of her life...why? She was finally free of this unfeeling monster she had told us about? 

In any case if Charles is a bad person, a problem; it is only right that he is with Camilla who appreciates him with all his alleged numerous faults. Diana never appreciated him. From the word go she was accumulating grievances against him. Perhaps it was all for the best that they divorced. It would have been better if they had never met or married at all. 

sandy

Victims of what? The man had no business playing victim. I think his wife gave him a piece of her mind. What attacks on his family? He caused the mess by having a roving eye. Wharfe and Jephson reported that he pursued Diana.

Diana thought Charles married her for love. Why did Charles propose so DIana would have nothing to reject? If he did not propose then she could not accept or reject now could she? Why is she blamed for accepting and he not for asking?  A breakup of  a marriage is not getting one's nails done or a day at the spa. It is a big life changing event. No matter what the marriage was like.

Camilla is a big opportunist and a phony IMO. He deserves someone like her. DIana wanted to appreciate him but he wanted her as the wife and mother and keep Camilla on as his mistress. I wonder what Camilla thought when Charles said Kanga was the only woman who understood him. I think Charles would have liked a harem.

royalanthropologist

Hoare has never played a victim. He was a victim of stalking, although he did make a mistake by getting involved with Diana at all.  His wife and family did not deserve to be stalked by Diana, no matter how much some Diana fans may want to justify her actions. The silent calls were weird and uncalled for. The man had broken up with her and she might have had the sense to just let him be instead of trying to contact him. Like I said; no amount of attacking Hoare or his family is going to change that fact. I am certainly not going to stop bringing up the issue as long as C&C's evil transgressions are brought up. It adds balance to the story.

Yes Charles and Camilla deserve one another.  Their personalities complement one another and they are not in the business of harming one another in the press. They are now married for over 10 years and I think it is for the best. Neither of them have complained about the marriage and they are happy with their arrangement. It has very little to do with people outside their immediate family and friends.

sandy

Hoare was no victim. Diana should have avoided him. Diana was calling HIM not his family. He pursued Diana it was not one sided. The man stepped out on his wife earlier he is not a victim. Diana would have had the goods on him if he had ever tried to press charges.

I don't mean Charles and Camilla deserve each other in a good way. Both are self centered and self indulgent. I doubt Camilla would have given him the time of day if he was not the Prince of Wales. And if DIana moved on during the courtship, Charles still would not have married Camilla. Too bad he did not marry Anna Wallace, she would have given Camilla some competition. Why would Camilla complain? She's on the gravy train and all her work paid off. I think Charles real great love is himself. And I think the  only person he really trusts is Fawcett.

I read that Charles wanted Anna back but she did not answer his calls or pleas. Charles is no prize

amabel

er yes it was one sided.  Hoare had ended the affair, gone back to his wife and DIana pursued him. 

Curryong

I have now ordered the Junor book on Kindle and so await the 29th when it will be released! I've skimmed over the serialisation of the book in the DM, and while there is a lot of rehash, there appears to be SOME even handedness in that Junor criticises Charles for his hamfistedness during the engagement to Diana. She states that he was insensitive to Diana's concerns, and didn't tell her the truth about Camilla, though she asked, until after the engagement. She asked whether he loved Camilla and according to Junor never got a clear answer. She quotes a friend of Charles who says that he is not subjective when it comes to the emotions as he does not read fiction, only histories and essays, with Shakespeare being his only foray into imaginative territory.

royalanthropologist

Newfound respect for @Curryong. You are true royal history buff :hi: :thumbsup:

Double post auto-merged: June 26, 2017, 01:10:29 PM

Whatever...whether good or bad, Charles and Camilla deserve one another. If he is no prize then I am puzzled as to why Diana was fighting to be with him? Sour grapes come to mind.  :no:

Double post auto-merged: June 26, 2017, 01:12:06 PM

Quote from: royalanthropologist on June 26, 2017, 01:07:54 PM
Newfound respect for @Curryong. You are true royal history buff :hi: :thumbsup:

Double post auto-merged: June 26, 2017, 01:10:29 PM

Whatever...whether good or bad, Charles and Camilla deserve one another. If he is no prize then I am puzzled as to why Diana was fighting to be with him? Sour grapes come to mind.  :no:

Plus that fawcett nonsense sounds a bit pathetic. If he is not into me, he must be gay...please :notamused: Wishing that Charles and Camilla are not happy will not make it so. It has the exact effect of wishing that Charles and Diana were meant for each other. It is all fantasy and projection.

sandy

DIana fell in love with him. She mistakenly thought the sudden interest meant he was falling in love with her. She was not cynical.

Charles can confide in Fawcett and that does not mean he is gay. Men can be friends and not jump in the sack with each other. I think they are close and it does not mean sexual.

Quote from: amabel on June 26, 2017, 11:44:53 AM
er yes it was one sided.  Hoare had ended the affair, gone back to his wife and DIana pursued him. 

He also moved out on his wife. Diana apparently did not leap right into his new home. So obviously she was not that 'obsessed'.

No it was not one sided. If it were Oliver would not have met up with Diana at KP and phoned her. There were plenty of witnesses to attest to that. YOu make it sound that she just ran after him the whole time. Not so.

Double post auto-merged: June 26, 2017, 02:33:37 PM

Quote from: Curryong on June 26, 2017, 12:45:03 PM
I have now ordered the Junor book on Kindle and so await the 29th when it will be released! I've skimmed over the serialisation of the book in the DM, and while there is a lot of rehash, there appears to be SOME even handedness in that Junor criticises Charles for his hamfistedness during the engagement to Diana. She states that he was insensitive to Diana's concerns, and didn't tell her the truth about Camilla, though she asked, until after the engagement. She asked whether he loved Camilla and according to Junor never got a clear answer. She quotes a friend of Charles who says that he is not subjective when it comes to the emotions as he does not read fiction, only histories and essays, with Shakespeare being his only foray into imaginative territory.

Junor has had to do that. But she is known to loathe Diana. I think that Charles loves himself. I think she appears to be sycophantic to CHarles but seems to have raised Camilla to sainthood. Blaming her first husband for the problems.

Interestingly in her book about Harry, she hinted she had something personal against Diana. So she is not unbiased in the least.

Trudie

Quote from: Curryong on June 26, 2017, 12:45:03 PM

I read that same excerpt and guess what? there was a paragraph that was word for word what Lady Colin Campbell wrote in Diana in Private how Diana went after him single handedly. Again she put in word for word in her book Charles Victim or Villain regarding Diana having Borderline Personality Disorder. Seems old Penny cannot be bothered to be fair. It seems that if another author has trashed Diana why not put that in a book to make money I just wonder if Lady Colin is credited for providing the trash. Seems Penny can't be bothered to find new material.

FanDianaFancy

Here you all go again. 
Maybe  I am just bored  with the same  subject  being beaten to death  with  people omitting FACTS  FACTS.
PC  married  LD  because  she  was  chosen  by  his  inner  circle  which included  Camilla.  LD  was  selected  at the top of the heap  of desirable  young ladies  for  him. PC  WANTED to  get married and NEEDED to get  married to  fulfill  an important  part  of  his  duty  of  PofW, future KofE.
Heirs. His legacy.  PAndrew  was  gaining  in age and  even PEward  was even  going to  be  gaining in  age  in the  next  5-6 years.

How  some  echelons of society THEN got married   is different  from  how Jane  and  John Doe  date and get married.

Lovelove romantic love  and timing of dating  like W and K  was  just not all there was for  PC  and LD. They  had  some time and  some  love/romance, but  not  like  modern times.  Even though that  was  1980-81,  he was  Heir  , PofW  and their  timing was  on the cusp  on  new change  for  the BRF.  PAndrew and  Sarah, different  coupler.  W and K  decades later, totally  different  to  have had that freedom.
PC could have loved her  and he  wanted her  and LD  really loved him .
They had  lots of things in common.

Camilla PB  was always there , always  invited  in PC and always  in the shadows. TRUTH!!  FACT!!
No marriage can stand a  chance  with  another person in it. It is hard  enough with the two  people  in it!!
I have posted before  that  I am sure  many here  have seen marriages  go  with  a husband   and wife and  HER mother. Husband  and wife and HIS  mother.

All that  about Hoare, Diana  had  lovers, Sweet Cammila,  please  people. 

Curry  and  many  of us here can  allow  ourselves to  seek out  information  by  other sides...others  viewpoints, etc.  Research. This  is  NOT  that important  of a subject.
I  am  thinking back to research,  compare/contrast  etc.  , college  years.

Junor's book.  Oh boy.
The  cause that  she  wants to  make, Diana  nuts. Camila  a  sweet  , wounded  dove. PC  , a  man  caught  between duty,  family...

Junor defeats her  purpose.

Her purpose and others  is  give  Camila and Charles a  good  , softer  light  after  all these years. It would be best  to  NOT have these  books  by Junor and the  article TDM  recently put out about Camilla.
It gives the opposite  effect.

Junors ' books  proves  another  very  touchy subject the  public  knows  some insight  in. Little insight, but  some.
This  trash  book  by Junor and  even any  so-called new book by Morton is that it really digsdigs digs into  PW and PH.

These  give these  adult  men,  DIANA's SONS, no  comfort. No favors.

What  we  do  know,  very little is  PW and PH  LOVED their MOTHER  and was  very  close to  her and SHE was a  GOOD MOTHER  to them.  A  GOOD MOTHER  cannot be replaced.
Although  , PW  is  very  close to "Mom  and Dad" and he  is not referring to  PC and Camilla.
Carole  IS the ONLY  grandmother  to  DIANA's grandkids.
Marrying  K, for  W,  K's close  family  and  parents marriage had a  lot to do  with the type  of woman K  is and her family  goals.
PH  MIGHT marry  MM and  even though her parents  are divorced,  she seems ground  as in she  is older, mid 30's, his age  group, and  well, there is something  there  he  likes  within her spirit, person, goals.
PH has  said some this things  this week....ehhhh....gives the public a  very  small, yet  poignant  insight  into  his  very personal  life. It is  not really  comfortable  to  read that   and   like reading the  "good stuff." PC and Camilla  did not help that  then  boy  cope with  losing his MOTHER.

PC  is going to  be Kof England. Camilla, Queen  Camilla.
QEII 91  and  PP  96  have  a good  8 and  4  years  to  live...at least.
Camilla and  Charles will really be  in their , what  late 70's...I  do  not  know, but they  will have  a  good  10  years  each, at least  as K and Q of England.

The saddest part  of Diana's  life  was that she died  so young before  finishing her  work as in herself,  her  children.

To continue to trash  a  dead  woman  , to continue to  hurt  PW and PH  and  open the  public wounds  for them  by the Penny Junors  really  gives the opposite effect.

sara8150

'He Made a Huge Mistake': Prince Charles Was the 'Architect of the Disaster' of His Marriage to Diana
Prince Charles 'Architect of the Disaster' of His Marriage to Diana