Main Menu

I'm back!

Started by Blue Clover, June 12, 2017, 02:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Clover

Hello, Everyone!

Royal Insight is the kind of place you come back to again and again and again! I missed you guys. I also missed dishing on the Royals!
I left a few years ago to take a new job (December, 2014). I've since been promoted (March, 2017).  :teehee: 
My daughter is a happy and healthy 10-year-old and will be starting 5th grade in the fall. I can hardly believe it myself! Where did the time go?
I hope everyone is well!  :crazylove:

Windsor

Welcome back!!! :hug: :hug: :welcome: :welcome:

Curryong

We are all very well Thankyou Blue Clover. Welcome back. Hope you stay with us for a while!

TLLK

Quote from: Blue Clover on June 12, 2017, 02:09:31 PM
Hello, Everyone!

Royal Insight is the kind of place you come back to again and again and again! I missed you guys. I also missed dishing on the Royals!
I left a few years ago to take a new job (December, 2014). I've since been promoted (March, 2017).  :teehee: 
My daughter is a happy and healthy 10-year-old and will be starting 5th grade in the fall. I can hardly believe it myself! Where did the time go?
I hope everyone is well!  :crazylove:

Wonderful to see you again @Blue Clover. Glad to know that you and your daughter are doing well. Kids...the time goes by so quickly!

Blue Clover

Windsor  :hug:
Curryong  :hug:
TLLK  :hug:

Thanks for the warm welcome back!  :crazylove:

Trudie

Missed you Blue Clover

Jenee

"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

Blue Clover

Trudie, I missed you too!  :consoling1:
Jenee, Thank you! How's the baby?  :baby:

Jenee

Doing great, BC.... having 2 is 3 times the work, it seems!!

Blue Clover

Jenee,

Wait two?  :eyes: I missed out on baby#2! Congrats! :welcome: How old are they now?

Jenee

Yup :lol: Baby #1 is about 3.5 now and #2 is 8 months 👶🏻👶🏻

Blue Clover

Wow! You have your hands full! I can't believe #1 is 3.5 already! :o  I'm really hoping you are a stay-at-home mom right now, although I do understand if you are not. Kids are so expensive, that's why I had to get a full-time job - to help pay for all the stuff the princess needs.  :lol:  Did you have a boy or girl?

Jenee

A girl :-)

I went back to work after 3 months. If my Uni would have kept paying me, I would have stayed home much longer- it was tough to go back (and to think I went back after 7 weeks with baby #1!) But, I really love my job, and I think it's important for my girls to see Momma not only working, but working in a leadership position; the top is still far too male! We each have to do our part to change that, I think. Plus, I have never had any desire to be a SAHM- I love working :shrug: and I think I'm a more patient parent for it too.

tiaras

Quote from: Jenee on June 23, 2017, 02:18:22 AM

I went back to work after 3 months. If my Uni would have kept paying me, I would have stayed home much longer- it was tough to go back (and to think I went back after 7 weeks with baby #1!) But, I really love my job, and I think it's important for my girls to see Momma not only working, but working in a leadership position; the top is still far too male! We each have to do our part to change that, I think. Plus, I have never had any desire to be a SAHM- I love working :shrug: and I think I'm a more patient parent for it too.

Thanks for saying that, I don't think I'd be happy as a SAHM either. Not that it matters right now, I've just finished Uni and started working. Although I'm still getting used to working life till I start applying for grad school. Motherhood is so far away. Don't get me wrong motherhood is hard and a lot of work but giving up things you've worked for to stay at home might take a toll on the person.
As kids get older they don't need you as much and to have a given a career and then to have then out of the house might be extremely painful. Idk I'm just thinking about these things because they do matter to me and I don't know what path I'll take but the SAHM one seems to be gaining some popularity rn.

TLLK

@tiaras-I was a SAHM when my children were young but started working part time as a substitute teacher when they were both in elementary school. It allowed me the flexibility to be there for their school activities and I had the summer/winter breaks off. I agree that at some point they won't need you as much and both of mine liked it when I worked at their own school.

Being a working mom and a SAHM is equally challenging so each woman needs to make the choice that is best for her and her family.

Double post auto-merged: June 23, 2017, 02:14:34 PM

@Jenee-Congratulations on the newest arrival! :)

Jenee

I agree, @TLLK, both choices have their own challenges. My sister is a SAHM (3 kids) with her oldest about to start Pre-K this fall. She was talking about wanting to go back to work when she got pregnant with #3, so that came off the table :lol:  I personally do not understand why she went to college and spent the time and money to earn two degrees (BS and MS) only to leave the workforce - seems like a lot of wasted time and money. And to be at home all day with 3 kids under the age of 5? I don't know how she is still sane :lmao:

tiaras

I personally do not understand why she went to college and spent the time and money to earn two degrees (BS and MS) only to leave the workforce - seems like a lot of wasted time and money.

Lol yeah.. Pretty much sums it up.

SophieChloe

Welcome back @Blue Clover.  You will do what is right for you and your little family.  Oh, I wish my three were babies again.  Much Love SCxxx
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

Blue Clover

@SophieChloe  Thank you! It's a little late but better than never. Lol!
@Jenee I was MIA for a few months because I got a HUGE promotion at work! I totally agree! My daughter really needs to see me working, contributing to the household, and in a leadership position. When I was a SAHM my self-esteem took a hit. I've been back in the workforce for 2.5 years now and although my home life and parenting fell to the back burner while I was making up for lost time at work, it has been really good for the whole family. My daughter has seen me work very hard and then get rewarded for it and that is so important. If you LOVE your job that is even better for the family. It sounds like everything is going well for you Jenee! Congratulations! I love the two girl thing, very sweet! :brightside:

TLLK

Congratulations on your new promotion @BlueClover. Your family must be very proud of your accomplishments. :thumbsup:

Blue Clover

@TLLK Thank you! Everyone is very happy with my progress!

tiaras

@Blue Clover congrats on your promotion.   :friends: :thumbsup: do you mind sharing what you do? You don't have to.

Blue Clover

@tiaras I was working as a Health Policy Analyst for the Department of Health for the State where I live. I got promoted to Director, Office of Planning. I'm now in charge of all the strategic planning for statewide mental health and substance use services. There are now several Health Policy Analysts working under me now - someone just replaced me in my old position today.

tiaras

Thanks for sharing, that sounds quite interesting @Blue Clover.  :blowkiss:

TLLK

Quote from: Blue Clover on September 06, 2017, 06:46:28 PM
@tiaras I was working as a Health Policy Analyst for the Department of Health for the State where I live. I got promoted to Director, Office of Planning. I'm now in charge of all the strategic planning for statewide mental health and substance use services. There are now several Health Policy Analysts working under me now - someone just replaced me in my old position today.
Outstanding news @BlueClover and this is  an enormous responsibility, but I know that you will do very well.