Fergie Is Back at Andrew’s Side In New Sign of Her Return to Royal Fold

Started by cinrit, November 08, 2014, 01:27:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cinrit

QuoteThe Duchess of York has supported her ex-husband Prince Andrew at an official engagement, in what is seen as a further sign of her return to the royal fold.

She joined the Duke of York and their daughters, Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie, at St James's Palace for the Pitch@Palace event to promote British entrepreneurship.

It is bound to fuel growing speculation about the closeness of the relationship between Andrew and Sarah. They separated in March 1992, six years after their engagement, and divorced in 1996.

The couple, who still live under the same roof, have remained on good terms and have brought up their daughters together. Last month the Queen gave the duchess permission to hold a gala for her charity Children in Crisis in the state apartments at Windsor Castle.  She has long been said to have remained very fond of her former daughter-in-law.

More: Fergie is back at Andrew?s side in new sign of her return to royal fold - UK - News - London Evening Standard

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

cate1949

nothing says - these people need major therapy - more than Andy and Fergie.  I guess some see them as star crossed lovers forced apart y the rigidity of the RF and the mean tabloids but I do not buy that.  Andrew supports her in the spirit of keep your friends close and your enemies even closer.  Fergie is a loose cannon and she is in constant need of money and has already demonstrated over and over again her propensity for making money by playing on her real and imagined royal connections.  Abandoned by Andrew she might be tempted to do some real damage.

Andrew is alleged to have said he has "three daughters" - referring to his so called beloved as a child.  He also has said that the only reason he still lets her live at the Lodge is because of his daughters.  Hardly sounds like a man wildly in love with his ex wife.

Given how often she has exploited her family to make money - I suspect the rumors of a remarriage are put out there by Fergie.

Limabeany

"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

Curryong

:
Quote from: cate1949 on November 09, 2014, 02:24:07 AM
nothing says - these people need major therapy - more than Andy and Fergie.  I guess some see them as star crossed lovers forced apart y the rigidity of the RF and the mean tabloids but I do not buy that.  Andrew supports her in the spirit of keep your friends close and your enemies even closer.  Fergie is a loose cannon and she is in constant need of money and has already demonstrated over and over again her propensity for making money by playing on her real and imagined royal connections.  Abandoned by Andrew she might be tempted to do some real damage.

Andrew is alleged to have said he has "three daughters" - referring to his so called beloved as a child.  He also has said that the only reason he still lets her live at the Lodge is because of his daughters.  Hardly sounds like a man wildly in love with his ex wife.

Given how often she has exploited her family to make money - I suspect the rumors of a remarriage are put out there by Fergie.

:goodpost: cate. Totally agree!

snokitty

Andrew exploits his family connections to make money also.

Sarah did go out there and earn her own money and paid off the enormous debts made while married. Sarah should have been given a better divorce settlement than she received. Had she been given a fair settlement she wouldn't be out there "using her royal connections". She is the Mother of two royal daughters and with that comes expenses that she cannot afford.

Sarah has a big problem of trying to please everyone by giving them something whether it is her time or just a gift, that gets expensive. Everyone uses their connections and opportunities to earn a living. Why is Sarah held to a different standard?

Andrew was joking when he said Sarah was his child as a way to deflect the reporters question. Sarah lives with Andrew because that is where he wants her. He loves her and was pressured into ending their marriage to please others.
If Sarah was there simply for her daughters then she would be gone by now. Her daughters are grown and capable of purchasing a home for their Mother if they wanted to. They know she would not be cast out into the darkness with no place to turn.
"Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too"      Voltaire

I can see humor in most things & I would rather laugh than cry.    Snokitty

TLLK

Cate!!!! :thumbsup:

amabel

I don't see why they "Need therapy"?  Sarah is silly and selfish, and always will be. Andrew isn't bright and he's selfish but he is I think sensible enough to feel that Sarah needs a bit of "looking after" and that he's able to do that. He's fond enough of her to be willing to be her protector.. and problaby it is reasoned that if he keeps an eye on her, it may stop her from going too far wild, though it does not always work.....

snokitty

^ Andrew does some pretty stupid things himself. Maybe he needs someone to watch over him to stop his foolish moves.
"Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too"      Voltaire

Eri

I think they will remarry one day  and Liz being open to The Duchess again only reinforces my beliefe ... nothing Liz does is a coincidence ...

snokitty

Prince Andrew to Remarry Sarah Ferguson After Kate Middleton Convinced Queen to Forgive Duchess: Tabloid Report
Sarah Ferguson is going to get remarried to Prince Andrew years after the pair divorced, according to a tabloid report.

Andrew, 54, the brother of Prince Charles, and Sarah, 55, the mother of Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie, were divorced in 1996 after being married for a decade. But the new report says that Fergie and Andrew have actually been living together for the past couple years, and have finally secured Queen Elizabeth's blessing to get remarried.

Under British law, the Queen must give permission for any of her children to marry.

Globe magazine, a supermarket tabloid that is hit-or-miss with its reporting, claims in its upcoming December 1st issue that the Queen gave her blessing after Sarah received support from Kate Middleton. The Queen "has forgiven her for all the past mistakes with men and money," the tabloid claims.

"In welcoming Sarah back into the fold, the Queen is defying her husband Prince Philip who can't stand Fergie," Globe magazine also said. "Now all the talk is about when will Fergie and Andy announce they're remarrying."

The tabloid report could have some shred of truth to it as Andrew said earlier this year that he has remained friends with Sarah. Last year, Sarah said she would not rule out remarrying Prince Andrew

"He'll always be my handsome prince. It's really lovely that we are still a family and the story has a happy ending all the time," she told the Daily Telegraph when asked if she would remarry. She also didn't deny rumors that they would get back together at the time. And a few months ago, an insider told MailOnline: "Mark my words, they will remarry. It is only a matter of time."

:hehe:  As if Kate could convince the Queen of anything.   :lol:

TLLK

^^^Forget HM! :lol:  IMO it's the DoE and PoW that would have the real objections.

Curryong

'Globe magazine, a supermarket tabloid that is hit-or-miss with its reporting..' Ain't that the truth! :hehe:

Trudie

Quote from: TLLK on November 22, 2014, 10:17:53 PM
^^^Forget HM! :lol:  IMO it's the DoE and PoW that would have the real objections.

Well I can understand The DOE however Charles is hardly in a position to throw stones his wife is not exactly on the top of the morality ladder and had quite the past herself.

HsHCharlene

^Very true but if I were Charles I would be more worried about Fergie being a financial sieve than any real threat to the royal reputation. She just doesn't know how to live within her means and he will not fund her lifestyle. After HM, there won't be any free rides for that bunch.

TLLK

^^^From what I recall  Charles was concerned about Fergie's behavior even before their marital problems were exposed.

Curryong

Quote from: TLLK on November 23, 2014, 03:05:51 AM
^^^From what I recall  Charles was concerned about Fergie's behavior even before their marital problems were exposed.

He probably thought she was a very bad influence on Diana!

snokitty

:lol:  He should have been concerning himself with his and Camilla's behavior.

amabel

Noboby would wish for it.  Terr's no harm in Sarah but she's silly and vulgar and greedy.  And she has long lost her popularity or any ability to be a princess.  The public would range from indifferent to hostile on the idea.  No way will it happen.  Andy remains fond of her but he has no wish to marry the woman who made him look such a fool

snokitty

Andrew needs no help from anyone to look like a fool.

You have no idea how Andrew really feels about Sarah and the public might not like it but they would accept it just like they do everything else. The fact that Sarah is still part of his life speaks for itself and it doesn't say he dislikes her.

amabel

Where did I say he disliked her ?  he is clearly still fond of her but he would not wish to remarry her.... The queen was reluctant to allow a divorce in the 90s but Andrew wanted it, because his mind was made up that he did not wish to remain married to someone like her.....  Since then of course Fergie has clung to his coat tails, and tried to "get back in" with the RF...

snokitty

Where did I say that you said he dislikes her?

Andrew wanted the divorce to stop PP from the emotional harm that he was putting Sarah and his daughters through. He did that out of LOVE.

TLLK

Quote from: amabel on November 23, 2014, 08:30:52 AM
Noboby would wish for it.  Terr's no harm in Sarah but she's silly and vulgar and greedy.  And she has long lost her popularity or any ability to be a princess.  The public would range from indifferent to hostile on the idea.  No way will it happen.  Andy remains fond of her but he has no wish to marry the woman who made him look such a fool
IMO Sarah is truly her own worst enemy.  :(

amabel

I dotnt believe that there's the slightest chance of its happening.  Andrew has remained very loyal to Sarah, and I think she's always going to be important to him as a person, but he has long since moved on and I think he enjoys being free to live as he wishes, with regard to women.

amabel

I believe he liked her at first, she seemed jolly and friendly and into all the country stuff, but it wasn't heard to see that she was never suitable to be a princess.  And witin a couple of years, she was doing stupid things, taking too many freebies, not doing enough duty.... The queen relaly should never have allowed her to marry Andy.