Equestrian News for Princess Anne, Zara and family

Started by TLLK, June 28, 2017, 02:24:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

Curryong

Yes that is so sad. He was not only her horse, he was a companion and a partner in her equestrienne activities. Zara must be devastated. This has been a very sad eight months for her (and for Mike.)

sara8150

Zara Tindall 'heartbroken' over death of beloved world champion horse Toytown
Zara Tindall 'heartbroken' over death of beloved world champion horse Toytown

Double post auto-merged: June 28, 2017, 04:45:02 PM

Zara Tindall devastated after death of her favourite horse Toytown
Zara Tindall devastated after death of her favourite horse Toytown | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Double post auto-merged: June 28, 2017, 04:46:23 PM

Zara Tindall mourning the death of her beloved horse Toytown
Zara Phillips' beloved horse Toytown dies at the age of 24

Duch_Luver_4ever

As an animal lover, just awful, over here we usually cremate (in cities) or bury (in the country) our animal companions, but I dont know any horse owners, serious question, do they do anything like that for horses?
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

Curryong

Here in Australia horse companions are sometimes buried on their owners' country property. I believe there are excavated horses, chariots and warriors from ancient times in large numbers in places like China, and Saxon and Viking warriors have been found buried next to each other in grave sites.

I believe there is a wellknown park near Lexington in Kentucky in which lots of famous race horses were buried, and the great Seabiscuit is buried at another place.

Here in Australia our country's most famous racehorse Phar Lap (or 'Big Red') raced in the late 1920's and through the Depression years, carrying the hopes of millions of small time punters and rarely letting them down. He raced in our most famous race, the Melbourne Cup, but went over to the US to race and died there under mysterious circumstances. His death made headlines all over Australia and for years people said 'The Yanks killed him'.

He was taxidermied after death. His huge heart was sent to New Zealand where he was bred, but to this day the rest of Phar Lap, (stuffed) is in a large case at the Melbourne Museum here, well known to generations of Aussie school children.

Phar Lap - Wikipedia

Kritter

A thread to discuss the equestrian related stories and careers for the Princess Royal, Zara Tindall and the family.

Mark Stewart Verified account @RegalEyes

QuoteMum, Zara Tindall had to stop the rough and tumble as Mia Tindall played with her cousins Savannah and Isla Phillips at Gatcombe today.It's fun with ice creams for Mia Tindall and cousins Savannnah and Isla Phillips at the Gatcombe Park Horse Trials.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DZJB9e2XkAARsX1.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DZJCAICWkAECdG0.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DZJCAHmXcAA-1YA.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DZJBPrFW4AAacvk.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DZJBQwTX4AEWwzx.jpg

FanDianaFancy

Kids, PAnne ?s three grandchildren are adorbs.
Zara ?s daughter always has way too much fun, lol. :teehee:

Notice in a pic from TDMaill, ummmmmm one of the black Labs  is ....well....relieving his bladder.

Lol. Peepeeing.

Anyways nothing like letting kids get dirty , run, have fun in the air and sunshine . After, you throw them in the tub and all of their clothes, coats too, on the laudry.

Let kids exhaust that energy so they can 😴 sleep.

I say this as I am babysitting a  2 year old. This kid rarely takes naps.

Kritter

Mia Tindall steals the show during outing with Zara Tindall and Princess Anne | Daily Mail Online

QuoteShe will soon have to share the attention when she becomes a big sister for the first time, but for now Mia Tindall looks perfectly happy being the star of the show.

The four-year-old showed off her boundless energy as she joined her pregnant mother, Zara, 36, and grandmother Princess Anne, 67, for a family day out at the Gatcombe Horse Trials in Gloucestershire on Sunday.

Mia beamed as she tore around the country event with her cousins Savannah, seven, and Isla Phillips, five, leading the older girls in a game of chase.

Savannah, the eldest daughter of Peter and Autumn Phillips, joined in the fun despite wearing a brace on her left ankle.

The trio later dissolved into giggles as they played leapfrog, with Mia emerging with a pair of matching grass stains on the knees of her jeans.

Double post auto-merged: March 26, 2018, 01:29:20 PM

Pictures and Photos | Getty Images

Pictures and Photos | Getty Images

JanBlackSmith

TLLK

I'm not surprised to see the Tindalls headed to Australia soon. They've been going there for a few years.

Blue Clover

TLLK

I saw a few photos of Mike  attempting to  surf,  so it looks like the family is taking advantage of the Australian summer season. :)

Princess Cassandra

She looks great - it looks like she is very fit.

TLLK

LouisFerdinand

I like the fact that Zara's horse is named Watkins. Horses have interesting names.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: mikeshawski on September 02, 2019, 07:51:55 AM
The view is very beautiful.
Yes, I sure wish I could have been there to see it in person, Mikeshawski! By the way, welcome and look forward to seeing your posts.

TLLK

Zara Tindall's exciting new job revealed and it's the perfect role for her | HELLO!

QuoteZara Tindall is set to start an exciting new role in January, it was announced on Thursday. The equestrian champion, 38, will become a director at Cheltenham racecourse in the new year and will support the Chairman and executive in the successful operation of the racecourse.

It's an apt appointment for the Queen's eldest granddaughter, who is a regular visitor to the racecourse and has owned, bred and pre-trained several horses. Zara followed in her mother Princess Anne's footsteps and competed in the London 2012 Olympics, winning a silver medal in Team Eventing. She also famously carried an Olympic flame at Cheltenham racecourse, while riding her horse, Toytown, and in her new role, she will be helping to promote Equestrian Team GBR ahead of the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Summer Games.

sandy

Maybe she can go (if she has not already) to each year's Breeder's Cup races in the USA.