Prince Philip?s love of tattoos and swearing

Started by Kritter, February 12, 2018, 07:05:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kritter

Prince Philip?s love of tattoos and swearing ? Royal Central

QuoteThe Duke of Edinburgh is a fan of tattoos and swearing, something not often associated with The Royal Family.

Last year whilst visiting the 1st Battalion Grenadier Guards at Lille Barracks in Aldershot, His Royal Highness appeared intrigued by the body art on display.

The Prince made one of the soldier?s roll his sleeve up so he could get a closer look at the tattoo, and seemed impressed.

One source said: ?He was asking them where they had got them done and what the story was behind them. A corporal was telling him that his was in tribute to a family member who had passed away.?

It most likely goes back to his Naval Days.

Curryong

King George V had a tattoo, but his son Bertie didn't, nor did Philip, which was surprising in a way. You would have thought that he would have had a small one somewhere!

Kritter

QuoteYou would have thought that he would have had a small one somewhere!

Maybe he does but the Queen would one that knows for sure.   :hehe:

Duch_Luver_4ever

Given PP's temperament and persona, at least to the public, youd think hed have them on both arms LOL. however that brings up an interesting question, I know theyre common in the navies of the world esp in days gone by (my Dad was a navy man and had them on both arms) but they were seen in the US/Can as more something for the enlisted men/lower class in UK.

So I wonder, did the officers get tattoos in the UK back then??
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.