William & Kate's Engagements - Part 2

Started by SophieChloe, February 07, 2018, 11:13:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SophieChloe

[gmod]New thread. Previous thread can be found here : William & Kate's Engagements :flower:[/gmod]
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

TLLK

@wannable -I have not found William's speech from Monday, but this article from the Daily Telegraph does have more excerpts from it.

Prince William urges crackdown on illegal ivory trade, telling shipping industry it is 'part of the problem'

wannable

The first UK SAR Conference.  I am glad he was invited, and I hope they see the future in carrying out the conference into an organization, he'd be made patron.

TLLK

Yes I agree that having a former SAR crewmember as royal patron would be appropriate.

wannable

18 February 2018
The Duke of Cambridge, The Duchess of Cambridge
will attend the EE British Academy Film Awards ceremony at The Royal Albert Hall, Kensington Gore, London SW7

20 February 2018
The Duke of Cambridge
MIRA Technology Park,Watling Street, Nuneaton, Warwickshire, CV10.

20 February 2018
The Duke of Cambridge
will visit Triumph Motorcyles Ltd., Normandy Way, Hinckley, Leicestershire, LE10.

TLLK

The Duchess of Cambridge, Patron of the National Portrait Gallery, will visit the exhibition 'Victorian Giants: The Birth of Art Photography' on Wednesday 28th February.

Her Royal Highness has written a foreword for the exhibition catalogue and captions for selected images in the exhibition that will form the Gallery's first ever Patron's Trail.

Via Kensington Palace Twitter

Kensington Palace on Twitter: "The Duchess of Cambridge, Patron of the National Portrait Gallery, will visit the exhibition 'Victorian Giants: The

Here is an example of a patronage that is linked to the nation's cultural heritage.  :)

wannable

TLLK

Court Circular 19/2

The Duke of Cambridge today received Miss Jennifer Price (Chief Executive, Sport England).

Via Cepe Smith Twitter

wannable

Kensington Palace
‏Verified account
@KensingtonRoyal

Today The Duke of Cambridge is in the East Midlands to visit @TriumphOfficial and later the @MIRATechPark.
https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/status/965911191716597760

TLLK

Kensington Palace on Twitter: "After the test-drive, HRH unveils a commemorative fuel tank to mark his visit to @UKTriumph and officially open the

Kensington Palace on Twitter: "Next The Duke visits @MIRAEngineering which provides pioneering engineering, research and test services.? "

Royal visit: Prince William tours Triumph Motorcycles in Hinckley - Leicester Mercury

QuotePrince William has been to Hinckley today to visit Triumph Motorcycles and MIRA Technology Park.

The Duke of Cambridge toured the factory at Triumph and walked the assembly line, meeting technicians and apprentices working on-site.

As part of the trip he officially opened the Triumph Motorcycles Factory Visitor Experience , which showcases a collection of Triumph?s historic and modern achievements in motorcycle design, engineering, and racing.

After visiting Hinckley he went up the A5 to MIRA Technology Park, a vast research facility for the very latest cars are developed and tested, in Higham on the Hill.

He made the visit to Leicestershire on his own.

Mercury reporters and photographers were on hand at both venues to capture all the action and reaction.

Double post auto-merged: February 20, 2018, 04:23:38 PM

Live: Prince William visits Nuneaton's cutting edge technology park - Coventry Telegraph

wannable

QuotePrince William is the king of cool as he takes motorcycle for a spin despite Kate Middleton?s fears

Read more: Prince William is the king of cool as he takes motorcycle for a spin | Metro News
Twitter: Metro (@MetroUK) | Twitter | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/

I am a fan too, sold my latest motorcycle this past Dec. 2017, no more for me! (Having my entire family in fear a la Kate, true! Your entire body, legs is the bumper to any accident situation)

TLLK

Second visit today.

The Duke of Cambridge is in the Midlands today and will be visiting the MIRA Tehnnology Park in Warwickshire.

QuotePrince William will be seeing first-hand how HORIBA MIRA provides pioneering engineering, research and test services to the transport industry.

His Royal Highness will view a selection of vehicles and equipment developed at the technology park, which provides expansive research and development services utilising 38 separate facilities.

The Duke will experience new technology that has been developed on the site, including driverless vehicles, as well as the high speed and wet weather handling test tracks.

Finally, the Duke is attending a reception to meet apprentices and PhD students at various stages of their journey within the company.

Promoting their nation's industries and brands are part of a royal's typical duties.  :shrug: William and Harry's parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles have been doing this for decades.  :thumbsup:

wannable

Yes and those apprentices (the school is within the facilities), his round table with them happen to be ex military reinserted in society.  Its all good!

(I prefer him to watch the FA Cup  :P :D :hehe: )

TLLK

^^^Good point @wannable because now ex-military are finding employment in UK industries after serving their nation!

Video of William at MIRA.

News Production | ITN Productions

wannable

Yes, of course, also these 2 types of visits are super duper interesting subjects to William, By George he LOVES it (his always shinny toy, he glows and basks with dude stuff and his explanation of being anonymous behind the helmet, the freedom it feels...), and misses his motorbike riding days (he used to do it daily from his Anglesey Farm House to RAF military base)

With hair (both bros  :blowkiss:  lovely, they joined motorbike rally charity in Africa, 2 years in a row)
http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01013/prince-william-460_1013460c.jpg

TLLK

European royals visit their nation's factories too.

TM Felipe VI and Queen Letizia at the Jomo Sport Apparel factory in January 2018.

Queen Letizia of Spain in Spanish Royals Visit 'Joma Sport' - Zimbio

wannable

Kensington Palace‏
Verified account
@KensingtonRoyal

Today, The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are visiting Sunderland, where they will see first-hand the city's vibrant arts scene and engineering talent.

Thank you to everyone who came to @FireStationSun to welcome Their Royal Highnesses to Sunderland!
Kensington Palace on Twitter: "Thank you to everyone who came to @FireStationSun to welcome Their Royal Highnesses to Sunderland!? "

wannable

Kensington Palace

Verified account

@KensingtonRoyal
30m30 minutes ago
More
HRH will see how @FamilyLinksUK works closely with schools nationwide to support both children and parents with their emotional health and wellbeing, with an emphasis on early intervention.
3 replies 17 retweets 111 likes
Reply  3   Retweet  17   Like  111
Show this thread

Kensington Palace

Verified account

@KensingtonRoyal
30m30 minutes ago
More
The Duchess of Cambridge will visit Pegasus Primary School in Oxford on 6th March to learn more about the work of the charity @FamilyLinksUK.

TLLK

The Duke of Cambridge will visit @RoyalAirForce Coningsby on Wednesday 7th March. The Duke will meet RAF crew who operate Typhoons, and will learn how @rafcgy is engaging local schoolchildren in the physics behind real-life RAF situations.

Via Kensington Palace Twitter

wannable

Preferable to see children learning to engage in RAF than I want to be a celebrity culture, regretfully a high percentage of children are seeing to easy the later, Turning into a dum dum. 

So all in all its good the Fab Four will be doing their best in engaging children to real careers.

TLLK

Quote from: Kritter on February 26, 2018, 09:31:49 PM
A fund raiser is spending money to receive more money. A royal visit costs with no extra money for the charity but extra PR for the royal.
If that were truly the case I doubt we'd see so many charities requesting a royal patron especially those that are deemed to be "popular" with donors. :shrug: There is a limited supply royals but a large demand for royal patrons.   Hundreds of organizations have requested royal patrons for decades because their presence at engagements/galas/fundraising campaigns does lift their profile.

The loss of a royal patron (death, divorce,) can have a devastating effect on an organization's fundraising ability.  :(

QuoteThe cache of having a royal patron rather than a celebrity or a wife's politician.
:nod:

KP staff will be working for weeks to sort through the many requests that Meghan will receive asking her to be their patron.

Why do charities want a royal patron? - BBC News

QuoteRob Cope, director of Remember A Charity, agrees that royal patrons are incredibly hard working and their status helps charities - who are vying for public money and media attention - raise their head above the parapet.

TLLK

QuoteWhy did it take Kate so long to choose four?
Keep in mind that all of these charity organizations must be thoroughly vetted by the BRF especially if they've never had a royal patron in the past.  BRF staff will be investigating everything about Meghan's future patronages too.

Here is a good article that explains the process.

Monarchy Monday: How to receive a Royal Patronage ? Royal Central

QuoteHowever, finding a Royal Patron to help support your cause isn?t so easy as members of the Royal Family get hundreds of requests a year.

Family members are very select as to who they choose in order to give each cause the time they deserve. Very rarely to do they take on brand new organizations and the majority of the time they are UK-based.

To make a request to a member of the Royal Family, one may apply to the appropriate Private Secretary of each member. Only then will applications be vetted and passed on if they deem a match. If the member of the Royal Family is interested, research into the organization will take place and more information requested in order to make an informed decision.

Things that may be looked at include the reputation of the organization, how long they have been around and a solid financial record. Another decision that will be taken is the how long a patronage will be held, a patronage can be for a certain campaign up to supporting a charity for life.

wannable

Quote from: Duch_Luver_4ever on February 28, 2018, 03:45:07 PM
Id imagine with all the charity issues recently theyre going to take even more time now doling out patronages to all royals in future.

Yes, somewhere in between paragraphs of today's event, it is stated that KP is still in the beginning mode of MM's charity hopes and dreams, and just barely starting the process of reviewing (auditing) possible requests.   

Double post auto-merged: February 28, 2018, 09:16:29 PM

Quoteo snow boots here! Kate braves the cold and ice in towering heels, bare legs and a floaty Orla Kiely dress as she visits the National Portrait Gallery exhibition she helped to curate
Duchess, 36, is visiting Victorian Giants: The Birth of Art Photography at National Portrait Gallery
Exhibition features works by Oscar Rejlander, Lewis Carroll and Julia Margaret Cameron
Kate has written captions to go with some of the images and written foreword for catalogue

Read more: Kate Middleton braves the ice at National portrait Gallery | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

TLLK

TLLK