PoW and DoC to Asia in Oct/Nov 2017

Started by TLLK, October 04, 2017, 01:54:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandy

How the Queen feels is subject to speculation. I think she does not like mugging on tours. She does counsel her family IMO. Like Kate weighting her skirts to prevent wardrobe malfunctions on tours. I don't think the Queen thinks Camilla wears a halo IMO. She was not fond of Fergie's mugging. At the wedding a relative called Fergie "common." I think family members looking  'cute' is anathema to the Queen.

I don't think Camilla has what is called an arduous work schedule. She has servants with her and gets down time on the trip. And there are long breaks between tours, generally.

sara8150

Quick change for Charles and Camilla as they don their finery for a glittering gala dinner in Kuala Lumpur (as the Duchess is hailed a 'style icon' by shoe designer Jimmy Choo)
Prince Charles and Camilla attend dinner in Kuala Lumpur | Daily Mail Online

Double post auto-merged: November 04, 2017, 03:06:37 AM

Prince Charles appears a reluctant Time Lord as he tries Doctor Who's time machine
Prince Charles appears a reluctant Time Lord as he tries Doctor Who's time machine

Double post auto-merged: November 04, 2017, 03:13:41 AM

Prince Charles's and Duchess Camilla's visit to Malaysia
Prince Charles's and Duchess Camilla's visit to Malaysia | NEWMYROYALS & HOLLYWOOD FASHION

TLLK

Speech

Charles speech in Malaysia

Double post auto-merged: November 04, 2017, 04:54:17 AM

QuoteThe government, queen and Charles appear to be happy with Camilla's work. And THEY are the ones that really matter in terms of making the decision of where she goes and how.
:goodpost:

Double post auto-merged: November 04, 2017, 05:47:35 AM

QuoteI don't think Camilla has what is called an arduous work schedule. She has servants with her and gets down time on the trip

Her schedule is actually a typical one for the BRF and other European royal families. :) Like Camilla and other members of the BRF they are accompanied by various staff members during their tours.

royalanthropologist

@sandy I think the queen has made it pretty clear that she likes what Camilla is doing in her role. Hence all those honors that Diana never got. Certainly she gets on with Camilla much better than her former daughter in law. The "subject to speculation" is a losing argument because virtually everything that is debated on this forum is "subject to speculation. Some people just refuse to face the facts and reality. Fair play to them...but it does not change the reality.
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

sandy

The Queen is known not to like the Fergie-esque mugging of her children, in laws, and so on. Camilla moaning about her workload (which included a food tasting and a gala) and making faces I doubt would appeal to QE II. IF she starts this sort of thing at a Coronation or another event it would get embarrassing.

How do you know if she gets on "better" with Camilla? She would not go to the party Camilla threw for Charles at Highgrove in 1998 nor invited her anywhere near the official birthday for Charles. IT took years for the wedding to take place. If she liked Camilla "better" she certainly would have welcomed her with open arms long before the wedding date. She did not. The Queen Mum would not even receive Camilla.

Camilla got in as the married mistress of the Prince that Charles publicly named. ANd your saying "much better" than Diana is disproved by her waiting so long to admit her to the family. In 2002 Camilla could not even sit with Charles at the Jubilee Celebrations for the Queen. That really shows a great deal of "warmth" (LOL) to that woman. 

Subject to speculation is a winning argument unless you sat with HM and she admitted she liked Camilla "much better" than Diana or made any sort of public statement.Of course it's subject to speculation and you have shown you don't like Diana and Camilla is your favorite royal. I would say decidedly it is subject to speculation.  Very decidedly since the Queen never went out and bashed DIana and said oh she was Brand X and I like Camilla so much better. The Queen does not go in for such petty behavior. She just made the best IMO of a bad situation.

She was warned about her son's involvement with the married mistress before DIana came along.

NO it is not "facts" and "reality".For all you know the Queen merely tolerates Camilla and is polite to her.

TLLK

QuoteThe Queen is known not to like the Fergie-esque mugging of her children, in laws, and so on.
Interesting as I've never read any statement from HM on the subject. However I'd be willing to read any published statements that HM made on the topic.  :) I believe that HM understands that modern photography allows many, many more photos to be taken in seconds and that photos can be manipulated and published. We've seen several unflattering photos of HM where she was obviously unaware that she was being photographed from a distance. I sincerely doubt that any royal living in the 21st century believes that their family members are doing these things on purpose.  :shrug:

Trudie

Quote from: royalanthropologist on November 04, 2017, 06:27:07 AM
@sandy I think the queen has made it pretty clear that she likes what Camilla is doing in her role. Hence all those honors that Diana never got. Certainly she gets on with Camilla much better than her former daughter in law. The "subject to speculation" is a losing argument because virtually everything that is debated on this forum is "subject to speculation. Some people just refuse to face the facts and reality. Fair play to them...but it does not change the reality.

So why did The Queen make a very public snub refusing to kiss Camilla on the cheek at Williams wedding?. If you need a refresher go to youtube and watch the arrival.

sandy

Quote from: TLLK on November 04, 2017, 12:26:29 PM
Interesting as I've never read any statement from HM on the subject. However I'd be willing to read any published statements that HM made on the topic.  :) I believe that HM understands that modern photography allows many, many more photos to be taken in seconds and that photos can be manipulated and published. We've seen several unflattering photos of HM where she was obviously unaware that she was being photographed from a distance. I sincerely doubt that any royal living in the 21st century believes that their family members are doing these things on purpose.  :shrug:
\

It was all in the looks. I have seen photos of her looking at Fergie in a disapproving way when she was mugging.

Camilla should not do the mugging and she's have nothing to worry about in photography selection. Camilla does go in for close ups and poses for them mugging. Even crossing her eyes for one photo.

royalanthropologist

It has come to something when not kissing someone five year ago is a sign they do not like them. Maybe the queen was in a bad mood? Maybe she did not want to kiss her on that particular day? Who knows?

I actually think this is clutching at claws. If people look hard enough and for long enough, they will  eventually find the snubs they have desperately hoping for. I do not believe for a second that the queen would so honor someone she hates.

The bottom line is that Camilla is in a much better position and far better liked in that family than Diana was.

BTW I can also play the game of "spot the photo opp to support my argument":

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall made Dame Grand Cross of Royal Victorian Order by Queen | Daily Mail Online

That does not look to me like someone that is merely "tolerating" her. It seems to me like two women who get along because they share interests and know how to conduct themselves in public.
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

Curryong

Diana knew how to conduct herself in public. She was a fantastic Princess of Wales. No pulling faces in public for her, or showing her bare behind in public at an airport like Kate.

I don't think anyone would have minded Camilla having a past if she hadn't interfered fulltime in her old boyfriend's marriage. And, however badly it was going, the two of them were sleeping together (and having midnight trysts) before Charles was separated. The fact that she waited for Diana to make mistakes, to self-destruct, at the same time characterising her as 'that ridiculous creature' and other names just seems incredibly calculating and cold to me, rather like a vulture eyeing vulnerable prey and waiting for it to stumble. Yes. She knew how to play the game all right. That's always what I can't stand about Camilla. I've never been able to warm to her and I never will.

sandy

Quote from: royalanthropologist on November 04, 2017, 12:42:26 PM
It has come to something when not kissing someone five year ago is a sign they do not like them. Maybe the queen was in a bad mood? Maybe she did not want to kiss her on that particular day? Who knows?

I actually think this is clutching at claws. If people look hard enough and for long enough, they will  eventually find the snubs they have desperately hoping for. I do not believe for a second that the queen would so honor someone she hates.

The bottom line is that Camilla is in a much better position and far better liked in that family than Diana was.

BTW I can also play the game of "spot the photo opp to support my argument":

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall made Dame Grand Cross of Royal Victorian Order by Queen | Daily Mail Online

That does not look to me like someone that is merely "tolerating" her. It seems to me like two women who get along because they share interests and know how to conduct themselves in public.

Camilla makes those odd faces and mugs. The Queen gave Fergie disapproving stares when she did that. If she had been on the appearances with C and C I think Camilla would have controlled the impulse to mug.

Diana got awards from the Queen.

Camilla got the "order" because she married the Prince of Wales.

I doubt the Queen is thrilled with the woman especially the way she got into the royal family. Putting down the wife seemed to work wonders for Camilla.

I would think Diana is "better liked" than Camilla by her royal sons. You can't generalize about the royals.

royalanthropologist

@sandy. I have never ever suggested that Diana's sons in any way, shape or form prefer Camilla to their own mother. That is one of the most ridiculous things to conceive and I am certain I have not said such a thing. If you read my posts, you will notice that I always say "with the notable exception of her sons" who would naturally prefer their mother. The rest of the royal family however was thoroughly fed up with Diana's antics. Some had sympathized with her at first but soon lost patience with her manipulations and outbursts.

BTW. That order is given to people for "services to the queen". It is not given by Charles and the queen is not under duress to give it. As Kate has learnt, the queen is quite capable of withholding honors for some time as she studies someone.  Camilla is the first and only British Princess by marriage to ever have been appointed to the Privy Council. She was made a Dame Grand Cross by the queen, an honor that is entirely within her gift. She got all these despite have been married to POW for a shorter period than Diana was at the time. That is not a sign of a woman that just about tolerates Camilla or is making the best of a bad situation.

After the 2005 wedding, the queen is reported to have made a speech that was quite telling. This was a family that was happy to see Charles happy at last after the nightmare of the 1990s. The queen is thrilled to see her son happy with the woman he loves and who loves him back. That is what most mothers want for their children. Nobody wants their children to be married to someone that hates, disrespects and undermines them like Diana did to Charles in her later years. Indeed, it is the queen that ordered the divorce. She was fed up with the wronged woman routine that Diana had adopted as her signature move.

@Curryong. Diana too had her moments. There are plenty of images of her behaving in ways that fall beyond the standards of a person in her position. Korea was a classic example. You can always catch someone in a compromising pose if you look hard enough and if you have an agenda to show them up. Camilla is doing just fine in her role.

sara8150

The Duchess of Korma! Smiling Camilla dons a pinny and rolls up her sleeves as she serves chicken curry to orphans in Malaysia (but still gets sauce on her scarf!)
Camilla serves chicken curry to orphans in Malaysia | Daily Mail Online

Double post auto-merged: November 04, 2017, 07:21:48 PM

All hail King Charles! Prince looks VERY comfortable on the throne as he and the Duchess of Cornwall are feted in Malaysia on royal tour
Duchess of Cornwall mobbed by children in Kuala Lumpur | Daily Mail Online

Double post auto-merged: November 04, 2017, 07:23:41 PM

Duchess Camilla visited Lighthouse Children's Welfare Home
Duchess Camilla visited Lighthouse Children's Welfare Home | NEWMYROYALS & HOLLYWOOD FASHION

sandy

I am not sure the Queen would be pleased calling him King Charles. Somewhat premature.

sara8150

Flying solo! Duchess of Cornwall gets warm welcome during Kuala Lumpur school visit amid hectic 11-day tour of Asia
Camilla gets warm welcome during Kuala Lumpur school visit | Daily Mail Online

TLLK

Prince of Wales addresses 60 years of UK/Malaysia ties – Royal Central 

[quote
@ClarenceHouse/Twitter

Whilst in Malaysia, The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall attended a gala in Kaula Lumpur to celebrate 60 years of UK/Malaysia business ties. Before the dinner, Their Royal Highnesses met fashion designer Jimmy Choo who praised the Duchess as a fashion icon.][/quote]

|

Double post auto-merged: November 05, 2017, 06:44:14 PM

QuoteYou can always catch someone in a compromising pose if you look hard enough and if you have an agenda to show them up
@royalanthropologist-And the tabloids will always find a way to maximize their profits with these types of lucrative stories.

Nearly every royal has had one written about them. Anne is too grumpy, Fergie was too enthusiastic, Charles and Diana were too petulant and cross in Korea etc... Unless the government complains or is forced to apologize for a royal's remarks ie: Phillip, I doubt they're too concerned about the day to day photos that are taken when royals are on their domestic/foreign engagements.

sara8150

Charles hunts for the next quinoa: Prince helps launch new network that hopes to find unfashionable items that could help feed millions of people
Charles hunts for the next quinoa | Daily Mail Online

Double post auto-merged: November 06, 2017, 03:33:47 PM

Into the jungle! Prince Charles feeds a 5ft orangutan as he and Camilla are given a colourful tribal welcome into the rainforest in Borneo
Prince Charles and Camilla are welcomed in Borneo | Daily Mail Online

Double post auto-merged: November 06, 2017, 03:56:39 PM

Prince Charles is king of jungle as he learns how to blow darts like Borneo tribesman
Prince Charles is king of jungle as he learns how to blow darts like Borneo tribesman

Double post auto-merged: November 06, 2017, 03:59:29 PM

Prince Charles gets physical with orangutan and fires poisonous dart from blowpipe
Prince Charles touches hands with orangutan in Borneo rainforest | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Double post auto-merged: November 06, 2017, 04:02:23 PM

The king of the swingers and the jungle VIP
The king of the swingers and the jungle VIP - ITV News

sara8150

Barefoot luxury! Charles and Camilla don elaborate silk shawls - but remove their shoes - as they're welcomed by Malaysian communities on their VERY action-packed royal tour
Charles and Camilla are welcomed by Malaysian communities | Daily Mail Online

Double post auto-merged: November 07, 2017, 03:44:54 PM

Charles and Camilla honoured with gifts on visit to Hindu temple
Charles and Camilla honoured with gifts on visit to Hindu temple | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Double post auto-merged: November 07, 2017, 03:45:39 PM

Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall celebrate Malaysia's diversity on Royal tour
Royal tour: Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall celebrate Malaysia's diversity | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Double post auto-merged: November 08, 2017, 03:33:59 PM

Charles and Camilla touch down in VERY heavy smog in New Delhi - where pollution is so high the city has been likened to a 'gas chamber'
Prince Charles and Camilla touch down in New Delhi | Daily Mail Online

sara8150

Prince Charles's India trip overshadowed by Paradise Papers leaks
Prince Charles?s India trip overshadowed by Paradise Papers leaks | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Double post auto-merged: November 08, 2017, 03:46:40 PM

Prince Charles and Camilla visit Delhi where air is as bad as 'smoking 50 cigarettes a day'
Prince Charles and Camilla visit Delhi where air is as bad as 'smoking 50 cigarettes a day' - ITV News

TLLK

:( Awful air conditions in New Delhi.

royalanthropologist

And some numpties have the gall to tell us climate change does not exist. :notamused: Everywhere we are seeing the signs that unfettered industrialization harms lives and communities.

sara8150

Charles and Camilla pay respects to India's fallen at war memorial ceremony as tour ends
Charles and Camilla pay respects to India's fallen at war memorial | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Double post auto-merged: November 09, 2017, 04:15:20 PM

Charles praises Commonwealth: Diversity can help counter globalisation
Prince Charles praises Commonwealth: Diversity can help counter globalisation | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Double post auto-merged: November 09, 2017, 04:16:25 PM

When I'm king I'll build a fort, jovial Prince Charles tells Indian schoolchildren
When I'm king I'll build a fort, jovial Prince Charles tells Indian schoolchildren

Duch_Luver_4ever

Wow, you guys are dueling and missing the most delicious question of all for the India trip...will C&C make an appearance at the Taj Mahal??? Can you imagine the media storm that would erupt, it would be dimbleby squared or something. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Also on the subject of ppl looking wilted, even our dear lovely Diana, English Rose that she was, was not best suited for warm, humid climates, and if you search around the trips of the same areas you'll find pics of her looking rather wilted.

I hate the fact that ive been drug in to seemingly defend Camilla, but imo the better attack for the Diana fans to do with Camillas comments about her being tired, etc. is that she could have avoided that by staying in the background, and shes now getting a taste of what it was like for Diana having to shlep around the world. Granted theres an age difference, but you get the idea, it wasnt all just dressing like a barbie doll, as she used to call Diana.

As for the whole fainting issue, yes Charles did behave horribly about it, I think he didnt understand it, and thought it was either a lack of discipline or will to have not been able to stay conscious. Also he/they were trying to hide the whole fiction, so while id like a few minutes in a locked room with him over it, I do kind of understand why the subterfuge was necessary, but when you see her in the Nat Geo doc looking around bewildered and lost at that nights engagement, it makes me very cross over the whole thing.
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.