Meghan Markle confirmed romance with Prince Harry for first time

Started by Curryong, September 05, 2017, 12:12:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Curryong

However, Meghan has given an interview with Vanity Fair magazine and is on their front cover. She talks about her romance with Harry. I find it startling that this has been OKd by BP actually, but I believe this interview to be a preemptive strike before an engagement announcement. It is only a short time now before the Invictus Games and Meghan will no doubt appear with Harry at some events, even if they are only evening ones. It's an interesting interview and Meghan says they met in July, so they've dating for about 14 months.

Cover Story: Meghan Markle, Wild About Harry! | Vanity Fair

sara8150

'We're two people who are really happy and in love': Meghan Markle speaks about her relationship with Prince Harry for the first time in the strongest hint yet that a royal engagement IS imminent
Meghan Markle confirms romance with Harry for first time | Daily Mail Online

Double post auto-merged: September 05, 2017, 01:39:29 PM

Meghan Markle Breaks Silence on Prince Harry Relationship: We're 'Really Happy and in Love'
Meghan Markle Breaks Silence on Prince Harry Relationship - Us Weekly

Double post auto-merged: September 05, 2017, 01:43:57 PM

Meghan Markle on Prince Harry: 'We're a couple, we're in love
Meghan Markle on Prince Harry: 'We're a couple, we're in love'

Double post auto-merged: September 05, 2017, 01:49:44 PM

'Everything changed' Meghan Markle reveals 'challenges' being Prince Harry's girlfriend
Meghan Markle tells Vanity Fair challenges being Prince Harry's girlfriend | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Double post auto-merged: September 05, 2017, 01:51:55 PM

'We're happy and in love': Meghan Markle opens up about relationship with Prince Harry
'We're happy and in love': Meghan Markle opens up about relationship with Prince Harry - ITV News

psm

Hahaha. Confirmed all I've already said about MM and their relationship. Omg though, even with all I've said I haven't thought either would be this stupid, but then H is clearly not a smart person, no royal listens to their advisors, they are stubborn and MM is just such a fame-w. I'll see how their marriage will unfold (oh they are getting married) cause there is serious potential for a trainwreck.

Curryong

This interview with Meghan has, without a doubt been vetted and passed by BP and Clarence House and KP advisers. Harry of course knew what she was going to say.

I think it's a very nice interview, quite discreet, she hasn't let any info out that she shouldn't have, just confirmed what everyone knew. Royal correspondents and long time Royal watchers in various forums and Twitter sites have stated that this interview would have been OKd up the chain of command and that it probably signals an engagement later this year.

Someone I know on another forums with links to BP has stated that it was believed that Harry has already been to see the Queen and that therefore the family know. I think Harry and Meghan have in fact been privately engaged for several weeks.

Yale

Quote from: psm on September 05, 2017, 02:27:30 PM
Hahaha. Confirmed all I've already said about MM and their relationship. Omg though, even with all I've said I haven't thought either would be this stupid, but then H is clearly not a smart person, no royal listens to their advisors, they are stubborn and MM is just such a fame-w. I'll see how their marriage will unfold (oh they are getting married) cause there is serious potential for a trainwreck.

Jealous  much?

FanDianaFancy

Emmmmmm, I agree with Pam and Curry.

I am on the fence about it.

40-60.
I think she , cover story on Vanity Fair, should have said ,,,well that was too much.

sara8150

Meghan Markle opens up about her relationship with Prince Harry: 'We are really happy and in love'
Meghan Markle Vanity Fair interview: The Suits star opens up about her relationship with Prince Harry for the first time

Double post auto-merged: September 05, 2017, 07:41:49 PM

Meghan Markle on Dating Prince Harry: 'It's Really Simple. We're Two People Who Are Really Happy and in Love'
Meghan Markle Talks About Prince Harry for First Time

FanDianaFancy

No. Cover story  is titled, Wild About Harry.

He is not an entertainer.
She  is an  entertainer, actress.

Vanity Fair is a  big  deal, big being the cover  story.
She does not want her claim to be   because she is Harry's  special friend. Boyfriend/girlfriend  sounds so juvenile  for  older adults.
Her  claim to fame  is  being  an actress.  She  is  lead   on a  little know American  cable  tv show called  Suits.
She  has a  degree  from a  university  and  worked her way  as   an actress and  in her charitable causes  before  PH  met her.

THERFORE, as an actress, not Duchess,  she  should  not  confirm  the extent  of their  relationship.

The  public already  knows.

If she and PH  are engaged,  discussed a  future,  or he already  talked to QEII, the  public does not  know and needs  not  know.
She  should enjoy  her time  with  him  as in  privacy ...for now...while they  still can. They  have  gone through  a  lot  and  have  done  all kinds  of  huge, inconvenient  ways  to  travel back and forth  and  be together and take vacations. These  are things normal people all the time do  with ease.

If  he marries  her, and I think so,  she  will be  on covers all the time.  Not in a  good way  either.  She  will  be  not an actress, but The  Duchess of___________. Susex?   Her life  with  PH will be exposed...every day...all the time...for the rest  of her life.
Her children's names, schools,  homes,  jobs as in BRF duties,  clothing, staff,  doctors, means  of travel,  schedule, auto vehicles, food, personal items, etc.  will all be  done.
YESYES,  I know, We  know,  YES,  PW and PK  chose. PH and  his  wife  will be able to names  , schools, godparents, etc.  are chosen by them  byt  from  the list  or  of approved things  or  of  appropriate  things, people, places.

Names. No Samanthas  or Mirandas.
No  living in Wimbledon. Even when K  grocery shopped while living in Wales, she   no doubt , did not buy  personal items.

I  think and hope  PH  marries  her. She  is  a  well  put together   young woman , smart, pretty, great  face and  shape, photogenic, personable, well traveled, worldly, knows  PM Trudeau and his wife, mature, and  is  university  educated and degreed and has her own  charitable causes and his age  group. He deserves  his  own wife and family.
She  is  going to  dragged  in the British press  worst than  PD and Sarah and Andrew  on their worst days.
Camilla  is happy  because  MM will be public enemy  #1  by the British  media  and  people. The British people still  , read comments, go after Pippy and Carole , for being at Wimbledon. What  Pippa and Carole  went through in the media  before  K and W  got  married, was awful Shameful.
Add, the American  press  will  not be  kind.  Add the Black American media and people  will  go after her for  not  being "woke" and  not backing and/ or attending the BET Awrds,  NAACP,  Congressional Black Caucus,  Black Lives  Matter and refusing  invitations to  be commencement  speaker  at  HBCU's.

None of that  would be her life.

TLLK

QuoteI think Harry and Meghan have in fact been privately engaged for several weeks.
I agree and I wouldn't be surprised if there is an engagement announcement this fall once QEII has returned from Balmoral.

FanDianaFancy

https://www.yahoo.com/style/meghan-markles-vanity-fair-story-prince-harry-romance-sparks-sexist-claims-015225156.html
If  they get married,  it  is  going  to  be so bad  for  her. The people  of  UK  and media  went  after  Kate, Carole, and  Pippa,  but  is  not gong  to  be  close  like the  pure  silliness  and disgust and  just vile  things  at  MM.
This  cover story  Wild About Harry  was  not  a good idea. He  is  not  an entertainer. It  gives too much information  the  public  did  not need  to  know.

Curryong

It seems to me that this little article is criticising Vanity Fair for not asking serious in depth questions of Meghan rather than pointing the finger at Meghan herself.

Nevertheless, as a longtime Harry supporter and a well wisher of a Harry/Meghan union, I've seen the depths some online Twitter and Tumblr sites have plunged to since October/November last year when it all exploded, not to mention what the British tabs are capable of. It seems to me that in some quarters being an actress= fame w***e and being American of somewhat humble background is practically a hanging offence.

Personally, I feel like I've been in the trenches sometimes since last autumn, engaged daily in throwing back 'live grenades' at opposition posters online. :D It's been ridiculous!

Blue Clover

I'm not liking the Hollywood feeling I get from Meghan. I wish she was more discreet. The magazine cover makes me nervous but I guess the press would turn her into a cover girl eventually anyway as a young royal bride. Kate is on every cover now.

lk1957

Surprised me as well but she is an L.A. raised actress. So what is so surprising about it really. She is not raised with British protocol or any real respect of the Monarchy. This is celebrity for her. She got George Clooney of the RF. And she will carry on the way she was raised. I know, I am born and raised in L.A. Still there. I know how it is with Hollywoodites. I would have tried to be one, but my mom put her foot down on entertainers in her family. So I am an attorney instead.  But once the Queen accepted divorce and the Middletons in the mist, it was bound to unravel the old rules and protocol. Here comes Hollywood.  Diana would be proud.

Curryong

Meaghan actually left LA behind a long time ago, although her mother still lives there, far from Hollywood. Meghan's lived a down to earth life in Toronto, Canada for at least seven years.

As far as the Vanity Fair article goes, Meghan wouldn't have done it without Harry's permission. Girlfriends have been dropped for less. A lot of Royal correspondents/observers believe that it was almost certainly run past the Press office at KP and Harry's Press Secretary, Jason Knauf as well, because of inevitable Press queries that would come up after the article was published. Some longtime Royal watchers believe that Charles and the Clarence House office was briefed as well.

Latest reports state that apparently Harry and Meghan were quite pleased with the VF puff piece. I believe they've been secretly engaged for some time and that we will see them together at the Invictus Games.

tiaras

I dont know why but I find myself terribly middle of the road about this woman. Like I'm not against her or for her or anything she's just okay.

lk1957

It's wonderful that MM has such cheerleaders with inside sources as some people on this forum. It's almost as if it is some people's job  to promote her.  One never leaves their roots behind, as it is a part of one's inner being. And she left L.A. for a job that was in Canada, not because she got tired of L.A. She was a mature adult when she left.  She may prefer now to live elsewhere.  People do leave L.A, although more come here to live than leave. That is why we are so overcrowded. But her upbringing is still in her.  I agree that the article must have been approved or rather allowed. I doubt it was approved by anyone in the RF. She is going to do things the Hollywood yank way and it is evident. But that is who she is. Remember, when in courting mode, people show forth their best side and make all sorts of allowances to get the man or woman. When they marry, oft times it is a different ball game. Look at Andrew and Fergie. I thought they were so in love and so right for each other. And they at still friends but marriage was quite a different thing than dating. So time will tell how this all unfolds.  Grace Kelly regretted giving up acting in her later years. Both H and MM  come from broken homes and she is already divorced once. Marriage is quite another thing and hard work. Look at all the celebrity divorces of couples I swore were so right for each other. So this is not a fairy tale couple. They have a hard road to walk if they make it work. And maybe they will and maybe they won't.  Time will tell. Harry is still finding himself. But one thing I know, they will both be fine no matter what happens down the line. And I'd say MM has had her life made for her now. So she is one lucky mature woman.

Curryong

I don't know what you're implying, but I've never had a job promoting anybody. I've followed Harry since he was 19 and have always taken a huge interest in his girlfriends. It started off by my helping my young niece who collected everything she could find in print in newspapers and magazines on him.
I've also been a Royal watcher since my childhood in England and travelled to and fro between England and Australia where I have lived on and off since my twenties, and have picked up quite a bit of knowledge over the years about the BRF operates.

I knew nothing about MM before last October. However, I believe, after the Chelsy Davy and Cressida Bonas years, that Harry's found someone to make him happy.

lk1957

Thanks for sharing your info, Curryong. I apologize for being so cautious about this union, but I'm from the old days where things were different. I went to a posh high school here in L.A., Marlborough School for girls, and my group of friends were actually set up with Eton boys who traveled here. It was such a culture clash, and I always felt they were snobby to us although fun to be with. My Grandpa was British and received an OBE (when it meant something apparently) for his work in WWII. Through him and my relatives in England,  I have always been aware of the class discrimination in England and Scotland. It is still there. So I have been so surprised with how the young royals are allowed to mix these days. It would never have happened in my day. So I am out of touch.
But with all my caution, I am secretly excited that there will be an American princess up on that balcony, and a racially mixed one. First Obama, now MM. The world is maturing from the old discriminatory days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Curryong

That's ok, ik1957. Harry wasn't very happy at Eton, it wasn't his cup of tea at all. He's also not a cookie-cutter type prince, I always think he's very down to earth and friendly in personality. Im not blind to the fact that a lot more difficulties lie ahead of the two of them because they come from such different backgrounds and worlds. However, they've managed very well so far I think. Now they just have to complete it all, live together for a while and get the British public used to an American Princess!

FanDianaFancy

Quote from: lk1957 on September 08, 2017, 02:21:15 PM

It's wonderful that MM has such cheerleaders with inside sources as some people on this forum. It's almost as if it is some people's job  to promote her.  One never leaves their roots behind, as it is a part of one's inner being. And she left L.A. for a job that was in Canada, not because she got tired of L.A. She was a mature adult when she left.  She may prefer now to live elsewhere.  People do leave L.A, although more come here to live than leave. That is why we are so overcrowded. But her upbringing is still in her.  I agree that the article must have been approved or rather allowed. I doubt it was approved by anyone in the RF. She is going to do things the Hollywood yank way and it is evident. But that is who she is. Remember, when in courting mode, people show forth their best side and make all sorts of allowances to get the man or woman. When they marry, oft times it is a different ball game. Look at Andrew and Fergie. I thought they were so in love and so right for each other. And they at still friends but marriage was quite a different thing than dating. So time will tell how this all unfolds.  Grace Kelly regretted giving up acting in her later years. Both H and MM  come from broken homes and she is already divorced once. Marriage is quite another thing and hard work. Look at all the celebrity divorces of couples I swore were so right for each other. So this is not a fairy tale couple. They have a hard road to walk if they make it work. And maybe they will and maybe they won't.  Time will tell. Harry is still finding himself. But one thing I know, they will both be fine no matter what happens down the line. And I'd say MM has had her life made for her now. So she is one lucky mature woman.

True except or no one here is promoting her. Who can  anyone  here?  No one  is  on her or PH    PR  paid  team.

lk1957

I just had a strange thought and I want to know what you all on this thread think.  I see posts from mad Brits not wanting to pay for an American princess and these antics they think will come. So what if either the couple volunteers or they are forced by a vote of Parliament to not accept British taxes for their upkeep. Would then MM be able to say, "Okay, I'll help support our lavish lifestyle by acting again." She would get multimillion's per role with her title. Anyways, that is one way to shut up disgruntled tax payers, allow her to act here and there earning her keep Ala the American way, and to really modernize the Monarchy. I have heard but don't know for sure, that the Swedish Monarchy pay for themselves. All these Monarchs are fabulously wealthy and can afford it. I mean PC earns quite a nice income from Cornwall, not to mention the billions they all own in private investments. They really can afford to be royal without the taxpayers. Just make a few palaces public to pay for incidentals and repainting on the necessary live in palaces and they can buy their own second homes. Some have already obviously.  Oh well this was just a thought. Feel free to tell all the reasons why this could never be.

Double post auto-merged: September 09, 2017, 12:52:34 AM

One other thing. She could be like Princess Grace.... only she'd marry the prince first, then win the Oscar!  Enough of me. But you have to admit on some level, that would be kinda cool to watch one day on the Academy Awards.

Curryong

Mad posts feature in the ravings of people who let loose in the online comments section of newspapers like the Daily Mail (known by everyone as the Daily Fail) if that's what you mean. The cretins who comment there don't like anyone and usually show it, by their ignorant and stupid remarks. Others are a few little teenagers on blogs, Twitter etc who don't want Harry to marry whoever. I remember they didn't like Cressida Bonas, Harry's last serious ex, either.

Those people always say 'WE Pay For Them, therefore They Have To Do What WE Want' when it comes to royalty and politicians. In fact the British public pay directly for only two members of the BRF, the Queen and her consort. She uses money from her Duchy of Lancaster income (an arrangement that dates back to the Middle Ages) to help pay the living expenses of her children and elderly cousins like the Duke of Kent and Princess Alexandra, who though in their eighties, still perform Royal duties.

That doesn't mean Harry. The only money he gets directly from the Queen might be his security when he's on tour around the Commonwealth in her name. Charles pays an allowance to his two sons to help with security costs, expenses when they are on engagements and their lifestyle, and also for the running of the Kensington Palace Press Office, which concentrates on PR.

Charles gets millions a year from the Duchy of Cornwall and it comes out of that. It's been said that he pays for Kate's clothing when she's on public duties. The Cambridges have a family and big household, therefore they would get more from Charles, though nobody really knows. His Duchy accounts are audited and presented to Parliament but family expenses aren't detailed.

Harry's income comes from that money, possibly Trust Fund money from his greatgrandmother the Queen Mother and from interest on the invested millions left to him by Diana. His income per year is probably between 900,000 and a million a year after tax. (A guess) That's not much by princely standards and until William becomes Duke of Cornwall and gets his paws on the Duchy money himself Charles will be forking out for both households after Harry joins his brother in wedded bliss. Of course, accommodation, a home in the country and an apartment at KP would be rent free. The Queen, Charles and possibly Harry, would pay for any renovations.

Could Harry's wife work after they marry? It would be very, very difficult, as Sophie Wessex found. In Meghan's case Harry is a senior Royal. As the Queen and Prince Philip age even more, and Charles and Camilla are no Spring chickens, Harry and William are expected to take on more and more duties, and their wives are expected to help them, apart from having babies of course.

If Meghan acted in a role in England the tabloid Press would be constantly hanging round the set hoping for gossip and probably paying money to cast and crew for it. In both Britain and the US there would be jealousy from other actors about her salary and publicity. There'd be complaints from the British public about security (British police from a special squad at Scotland Yard which specifically looks after royals) hanging around film or TV studios all day. And what if a project flopped and Meghan had been in the cast and paid a huge salary? Meghan would get the blame and her name would be mud around producers/directors.

The British people wouldn't like her living in the US while she was working either. There would be queries about why she wasn't in Britain helping the Royal Family and her husband. It just wouldn't work.

Besides which, she and especially Harry have spoken separately about wanting a family. Harry has always wanted children. Meghan will have to produce a couple in the next few years or it may be too late. I think both of them know their future is in Britain as part of the BRF, with public duties and children part of the picture.

Double post auto-merged: September 09, 2017, 02:38:00 AM

There would be few European monarchies who totally support themselves. Prince Albert of Monaco, a Principality (fabulously wealthy from casino, property, low taxes), may be one. I'm not sure about duchies like Lechtenstein, where the Grand Duke is also very wealthy. Middle Eastern potentates, ie Saudi Arabia, use their own wealth.

The Swedish monarch doesn't support himself. He gets an allowance from Parliament and doles out expense money to his children who perform Royal duties from that, called 'apanages'. His living expenses for himself and the Queen come out of that. The Dutch royal family gets paid the most through their Parliamentary arrangements, I believe.

These royal families have private wealth of course but if they were told to totally support themseves with no Parliamentary help, I'm sure most Royal families would say 'Well thanks, but we can find better things to do with our lives than perform sometimes very boring duties just for the love of it and using our own money until it runs out. We'll retire, and good luck to the new President!'.

lk1957

Currong,

Thanks for the info. My girlfriend who is a royal watcher seemed to think most of them do pay for themselves. I will let her know what you said. She'd be interested. Oh well, so much for MM's acting career.

amabel

Of course she wont work as an actress after her marriage.  however, its very possible that she will find this difficult as actresses "love to act".  Even Grace Kelly, who was sick of Hollywood, became fretful about the restrcitions of her life as a Princess, and wanted to do some acting again.
However it does seem as if Harry is serious about her.  I think that there will be some coolness towards the idea of an American who "isn't au fait with royal ways" entering the RF.  As a royal our taxes WILL Be going for her security and other expenses, and I think we certainly have a right to express an opinion. 

FanDianaFancy

No. She could not work as an actress or any job for pay , income if she and PH marry. Conflict of interests.

She is not an Ocpscar winning type of actress. She has a good role on a little known cable show, drama-soap opera, on USA cable tv.

PGrace received an honorary aoscar ...was it Lifetime achievement ....
PGrace, like all of these who had freedom before and their own lives, gained more freedom and yet less after marriage. It was a , is a different kind of unique life.

I think the citizens of TUK are justified in thoughts they are taxpayers .BRF receives income from the Duchys. Ok, but the Duchys are part of the country. It is a circle to me.

How should the BRF respect their people and be respected? Respecting their country abroad. Promoting companies and talents of people there. Living decent lives. Supporting causes there. Giving of themselves to their country. It is really not that much in exchange for the lifestyles they live.

After Camilla and Charles, how can anyone say MM is simply not worthy. Same for Kate then .