Dianas death a blessing and curse to Camilla

Started by Duch_Luver_4ever, August 27, 2017, 04:02:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duch_Luver_4ever

Princess Diana death: Crash was 'gift and curse' for Camilla says butler | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

I know PB again, and usually I get set for eye roll if its him or McGrady, but I thought it was an interesting read.

Speaking ahead of the 20th anniversary of the People's Princess' death, Mr Burrell also claimed Camilla would never have married Charles if Diana had lived as the public would never have allowed it.

He said: "The conundrum is that Charles could never have married Camilla if Diana had survived because, as the heir to the throne, he could not remarry with an existing wife.

Awful convenient, if this was a Columbo episode, he'd be all over Charles with lots of "Oh, just one more thing".....

"When the accident happened it opened the gate for Camilla to marry Charles and she got what she wanted. In her death Diana gave them a gift. But I think it's also a curse because her death will forever be associated with Prince Charles and Camilla – and they have to live with that."

"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

royalanthropologist

Run Camilla run. Burrell has you in his sights. That man is just creepy. Who said a royal cannot marry with a living wife? Just tell that to Henry VIII. The you have this little gem "her death will forever be associated with Prince Charles and Camilla". Really, the last time I checked neither C nor C were anywhere near Paris when Diana died. She was a divorced woman and free to do as she pleased, dating whoever she liked. Burrell just had to weave himself there somehow.
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

amabel

Oh what awful nonsense.  in fact Diana's death meant that Camilla who had been "coming out" in public as C's girlfriend had to slip back again for a time because the public mood was naturally angry towards Charles. and Charles probably felt that given that his boys had lost their mother, he had to wait lognger to marry Camilla.. not just for the queen M to pass away but also for the boys to grow up.  if Diana had been alive, Charles might well have married Cam a discreet 6 months or a year after his Grandmothter had gone

Trudie

Well the blessing of Diana's death as far as Charles and Camilla are concerned it did make it easier for them to marry and not have to play nice at future family events involving their sons. The curse is Camilla is not all that popular with the public and in death as in life Diana was a popular and beloved Princess something Camilla cannot ever hope to achieve.

royalanthropologist

Burrell is a weird one. I personally do not agree about deaths being blessings. They may be convenient but not blessings. Even if we were to go down that route, I still believe Diana was more convenient alive to C&C than dead.

If she was alive, she would probably marry someone and completely lose the designation "Princess of Wales". A Lady Diana Al Fayed or Khan is somehow less potent than "Diana Princess of Wales". Besides, the longer she lived; the more mistakes Diana would commit in her "search for love in all the wrong places". There might have been divorces, break ups and burst ups. Meanwhile Charles would still be with Camilla and the contrasts would be inevitable.

The media exposes would soon begin to bore and the intrusion would reach its zenith. Meanwhile the protective palace would watch in wry amusement as the circus went by. Now that Diana is dead, she is forever young. She cannot make any more mistakes. It is only the living that can make mistakes and they will do. So on balance, I think Diana's death was a blow to C&C. In any case I don't think their dislike of her came to the point at which they wished she was dead. 
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

sandy

I doubt Charles and Camilla would have married 6 months after the grandmother died (even with Diana alive). It would be seen as rather disrespectful since it was known that the Queen Mum did not want a C and C wedding in her lifetime.  I don't think being married to a successful surgeon would be a step down from Princess of Wales. In many ways I see it as a step up.

Why do you assume Diana would have had divorces, bust ups and breakups. Why even speculate? She would not have been A Zsa Zsa marrying many times. She had a bad experience in the first marriage I doubt she'd have rushed into another one until she was absolutely sure. She was 36 when she died, she had her children around and she was not 19 anymore all starry eyed. The longer she lived the happier she would have been with her life and especially her children and grandchildren. It would have been wonderful had she lived a long life and died surrounded by her loving family. But it was not to be.

Who would contrast Camilla and Charles with Diana? Other than events involving William and Harry I doubt she'd see much of Camilla.

Everybody makes mistakes. So should we all die young so we won't make them. SOrry, not getting that at all. People learn from mistakes it is a part of life. There would be something wrong with a person who never made mistakes (it would show the person never really tried or ventured out in the world and learned.)

I think Diana would have been renowned for her charity work and the longer she lived the better she would have been. The old saying is you're not getting older you are getting better.

Charles and Camilla certainly cooperate with character assassins like Penny Junor who trashes the dead Diana at every opportunity.

Duch_Luver_4ever

Theres one thing that hit me today, that we've been missing in thinking this through. Its that after the divorce and the longer shed have lived and dated and got comfortable with herself, she would have been more able to cast of the romantic expectations about fairytale marriages and she would have seen firsthand that divorce did not mean the end of the world.

She may have felt that as a child, and one can understand why she would vow to not go through it herself, but once she had, she would have seen that while unpleasant, neither she, charles or the boys dropped dead from it.

She still would have had the prickly issue of a small pool of men that could provide the material logistics she would need and the cluster of personality attributes that allowed them to do so might have made them tricky husbands, but I think she would have needed much less from a second husband in way of assuring her and validating her ability to get on in the world and her self esteem like she needed at 19/20 yrs old. 
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

royalanthropologist

I agree with @Duch_Luver_4ever. Even those of us that critique Diana cannot help but be horrified at the prospect that she never really got to settle down with someone who loved her unconditionally. A long and lasting loving relationship was always so near and yet so far away. That is a very, very sad thing.

sandy

She was young a divorcee of one year when she died. So no conclusions can really be drawn. Besides which women don't have to "have a man" to be happy. Diana had her sons and would have been a doting grandmother. Diana had hopes for the future and her friends said she was optimistic and happy her last year. Not pining after prince Charles like Miss havisham.

Duch_Luver_4ever

can we please not do this today? there'll be lots of other days for you two to snipe at each other.

royalanthropologist

sandy

There is no "sniping" and nothing personal. It is a difference of opinion on the topic of this thread. I  think this needs to be said.

TLLK

FanDianaFancy

But  then ,why are you?

Double post auto-merged: September 01, 2017, 03:49:23 AM

royalanthropologist

I personally felt that yesterday should have been about remembering and celebrating Diana. It would be inappropriate for me to engage in a bickering match over the events of her life.

Duch_Luver_4ever

Thank you all for your restraint, its very appreciated today/yesterday of all days.

FanDianaFancy

It  was a  blessing for PC and CPB.  It  was  good luck that  D  died.It  wa s one  of those most unexpected, peasant  surprises  in life.  PC and CPB , I have  said, are very  lucky  people  . Some  people  are just lucky. Fortunate.  Good things  happen even happen to them without  them  even  paying a  part  in it  such  as  PD  dying.
Oh I know, I  know, so stop it  now  before  you post...."How  can you  say  deth  is a  good  thing, luck, a blessing....."

LETS  BE  HONEST.  I AM NOT BEING  POLITCALLY  CORRECT. Honest, though.

Had PD lived....marriage.
Chances  for  PC and CPB  marrying would  have been  very  slim.  YES,  he  had  to wait  for  HRH, his  beloved  grandmother  to die. he  only  lived  well  past  100  years.  Going back  to  PC  and CPB  during the  late  1970s, early 1980s, Camilla only  had  to secure her  place  as  PC's  fav  mistress/real lover/bedmate  and boot the  wife, PD, out  of the way  and  Kanga  who  became a cripple and  other things. That  too was  luck  for CPB  and PC. Marriage to  CPB  would have been  when the boys grew  up  as  he  did  do  in marrying her. Marriage  would have been hard  to do  with  PD  alive  and  walking , talking...on covers...BRF charities, etc.  She  would have been living  competition .
CPB as  HRH and  ding BRF duties, well, PD  would have been  too  . YES,  even divorced, she still had  some charities  to  support. YES,  again, divorced,  she  W mother to  PH and PW  and still,  a  member  of the BRF  , yet at a  distance. I know some  of  cannot  want to understand that  and  insists she  would  have ben relegated  to  living in a  nice, comfy little  house  in Hillsborough  or Manchester  or  something. PD  still would  have had  her  home at  KP. Still RPO. Still.

Historical pictures and places  involving the heirs, PW and PH.
Had  PD lived  CPB  married  to  PC  would  have not been  in the  pictures of the christenings  of  PG and PCharlotte  or seated in the mother's place  at  PW's wedding.
I know, I  know some  of  you  choose  not to understand this. PD was  MOTHER and  not  fav nanny,etc.
For  PD's wedding,  Countess  or Lady Raine, whatever her name,  was  not seated next to  The Earl  or  in the christening  pictures.
Again,  what  a  blessing   for PC and CBP  that  PD  died.

Authors  like Junor  ....continue. Dead  woman  cannot  speak. Her story ended  20 years  ago.
There is  no one to dispute her story  or the story  , yet,  thank goodness of how  it  all happened, she  spoke  ...a  lot... before she died.  The facts  are there.
Again, what  good luck  for CPB and PC.  There Junor type authors  can  really  say  anything  at  this  point.

It  was  a also  a  curse, because for whatever Camilla wears, the jewels,  PD  is brought  up in the media.  For every time  CPB  is brought  up by  PC's spin  doctors  with  talks and inching it for her to be titled QUEEN, which she will be and  should be,  PD  is brought up  by  the media.
For this summer  when the focus was to be  on Camilla's 70th  and Junors'  trashy  PD  book about  Camilla, LOL, ,  it  was a summer about  PD  20 years  ago. The what  ifs...if she had  lived. Where  would she be today? Role? Work? Pride as  grandmother  and  mother-in-law.
Whatever marriage  of  PC and CPB  , LOL,  will have  PD  in it. Now, there are three  people in the marriage; Charles and Camilla  and Diana's ghost.
It is reverse  of PD's comment.

YES, the curse  of her death  is far less to  manage  and see than the blessings  it sent. It was  a  greater blessing than curse. 40% curse. 60% blessing.

Double post auto-merged: September 11, 2017, 09:37:35 PM

Quote from: royalanthropologist on August 28, 2017, 05:50:44 AM
Burrell is a weird one. I personally do not agree about deaths being blessings. They may be convenient but not blessings. Even if we were to go down that route, I still believe Diana was more convenient alive to C&C than dead.

If she was alive, she would probably marry someone and completely lose the designation "Princess of Wales". A Lady Diana Al Fayed or Khan is somehow less potent than "Diana Princess of Wales". Besides, the longer she lived; the more mistakes Diana would commit in her "search for love in all the wrong places". There might have been divorces, break ups and burst ups. Meanwhile Charles would still be with Camilla and the contrasts would be inevitable.

The media exposes would soon begin to bore and the intrusion would reach its zenith. Meanwhile the protective palace would watch in wry amusement as the circus went by. Now that Diana is dead, she is forever young. She cannot make any more mistakes. It is only the living that can make mistakes and they will do. So on balance, I think Diana's death was a blow to C&C. In any case I don't think their dislike of her came to the point at which they wished she was dead. 

WoW!!!!

As  I shake my  head.....laugh...wow!!  The  imagination......

sandy

Fergie had relationships but she never remarried. And she still has title Duchess of York. It is subject to speculation if she will remarry Andrew in the future.  Diana may not necessarily have remarried.

Diana would have been famous and one of the most famous women in the world even if she were Lady Diana Khan. I don't buy into Diana being another Zsa Zsa Gabor taking and discarding husbands like toys. I think that unfair to DIana.

I think arguably Camilla loathed Diana the most. Perhaps Charles became more indifferent.