Author Topic: Camilla's 70th birthday  (Read 2732 times)

Offline amabel

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Favorite royal: Anne Boleyn
Re: Camilla's 70th birthday
« Reply #50 on: July 16, 2017, 07:16:00 PM »
I normally come up via hyde park and then move on to North London. I did a detour and the crowds were stifling. The smell of flowers was overwhelming as well as the tears and recriminations.
Funny because I was out in London during those days. I don't remember hostile crowds or anyone "baying for blood" or even many people criticising the RF though I'm sure some were. I didn't notice any smell of flowers (harldy likely when they had only been there a day or so) and I don't remember recirminations ora  "stifling crowd".  Peheraps you were in a differnet part of London...

Offline sandy

• RIF Veteran
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    28%
« Reply #51 on: July 16, 2017, 07:47:00 PM »
People who spoke to me from London did not recall any of the baying or hissing. Flowers were brought to KP and people were crying. The images in the media were people Quietly crying not howling or baying. That sounds like something out of a Dracula Film and not remotely what happened.

Offline sara8150

• Diana-ites
  • Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    8%
    • Favorite royal: Princess Diana&Kate,Duchess of Cambridge
Re: Camilla\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s 70th birthday
« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2017, 10:25:12 AM »
See Camilla’s New Birthday Portrait – by One of Princess Diana’s Favorite Photographers
New Photo of Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall by Mario Testino

Double post auto-merged: July 17, 2017, 10:27:15 AM

Camilla reveals the Charles that no-one knows: As a new portrait is released to mark the Duchess of Cornwall’s 70th birthday, she lifts the lid on palace life behind the scenes
Camilla reveals the Charles that no-one knows | Daily Mail Online

Double post auto-merged: July 17, 2017, 10:48:35 AM

Charles and Camilla photo marks duchess's 70th birthday
Charles and Camilla photo marks duchess's 70th birthday - BBC News

Double post auto-merged: July 17, 2017, 10:53:42 AM

Duchess of Cornwall to take on new role as she celebrates her 70th birthday
Duchess of Cornwall to take on new role as she celebrates her 70th birthday

Double post auto-merged: July 17, 2017, 10:54:51 AM

Royal photograph released for Duchess of Cornwall's 70th birthday
Royal photograph released for Duchess of Cornwall's 70th birthday
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 10:54:51 AM by sara8150 »

Offline sandy

• RIF Veteran
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    28%
« Reply #53 on: July 17, 2017, 01:10:42 PM »
Charles is going all out with the Camilla promotion. The Testino photos are heavily airbrushed. Charles lost all is red color and his eyes look different. She is all airbrushed with good teeth now. 

Offline royalanthropologist

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    24%
  • Fair and Balanced...to an extent
    • Favorite royal: Camilla Shand, Duchess of Cornwall
« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2017, 01:59:27 PM »
I actually like the photo. It is Testino's style. He tries to give his subject the best look that he can, even removing lines and creases. Some like his style others do not. There are artists that do "gritty" portraits of their subjects. I think someone did one of APB and he surprisingly liked it. Just a matter of taste.

I think Charles is going all out to celebrate his wife's 70th birthday which in my book is a great thing. I understand he has even given her $300,000 dollar ear rings as one of the presents. Oh I wish someone would do that for me. I could use a little bling now and then, particularly in this recession :hehe:.
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

Offline Trudie

• Diana-ites
  • Forum Nobility
  • Activity:
    4%
    • Favorite royal: Diana
« Reply #55 on: July 17, 2017, 02:15:26 PM »
^ Perhaps royalanthropologist you should try to meet Charles since he married Camilla 12 years ago he does have a vacancy for a mistress.  :wink: :lmao:

The following users thanked this post: sandy, royalanthropologist

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    24%
« Reply #56 on: July 17, 2017, 03:31:39 PM »
Hi hi. :goodpost: :teehee: I think I know enough about Charles to know that he would drive me bonkers. I think I might be put on a list or something for grievous bodily harm if I had to be his mistress.  I will take the bling though as long as he promises not to contact me in any shape or form. :hehe: lol
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

Offline sandy

• RIF Veteran
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    28%
« Reply #57 on: July 17, 2017, 05:16:45 PM »
Only $300,000 for Camilla's  ear rings bling. Maybe they had a fight? LOL
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 05:24:53 PM by sandy »

The following users thanked this post: Trudie

Offline sara8150

• Diana-ites
  • Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    8%
    • Favorite royal: Princess Diana&Kate,Duchess of Cambridge
Re: Camilla\\\'s 70th birthday
« Reply #58 on: July 17, 2017, 10:12:08 PM »
The Duchess of Cornwall Celebrates Her 70th Birthday
The Duchess of Cornwall Celebrates Her 70th Birthday | NEWMYROYALS & HOLLYWOOD FASHION

Double post auto-merged: July 18, 2017, 12:20:24 AM

The Duchess of Cornwall poses in jeans for relaxed 70th birthday photo
Prince Charles' wife Camilla poses in jeans for 70th birthday photo

Double post auto-merged: July 18, 2017, 12:23:43 AM

CNN speaks to the Duchess of Cornwall - CNN Video
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 12:23:43 AM by sara8150 »

Offline FanDianaFancy

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    0%
^ Perhaps royalanthropologist you should try to meet Charles since he married Camilla 12 years ago he does have a vacancy for a mistress.  :wink: :lmao:

Ouch.

Double post auto-merged: July 18, 2017, 07:39:18 AM

A survey by the Mirror in time for Camilla's birthday. 40% still oppose her becoming Queen. 61% would prefer Diana.

Queen Camilla? Survey finds more people are warming to the idea - ITV News

BUT she  will be  QUEEN CAMILLA    . No way  for her  ego, sense of self,  meeting  heads of state and  crowned heads is  she  going be  Princess Consort.  King  is married  to the  Queen in BRF  .  Queen  is married  to the Prince in BRF. QUEEN  ,  QConsort  formally....but that  term is not used  media  etc.  If the people  want  or not, approve or not,  does not matter.  it  is open  for vote.

Double post auto-merged: July 18, 2017, 07:52:25 AM

Trudie       
"Charles was divorced from Diana and moved on I did say he doesn't have to publicly acknowledge the anniversary of her death however, out of respect for his sons he could have his PR people paid for by him to tone down the hype of Camilla turning 70 and yes again out of respect for his sons he could have asked that Junor's book with her cut and paste trashing of his son's mother and make no mistake about he  knows the content of every book before it is published delayed by a few weeks. "

I disagree...somewhat.    He  can declare, make  a national holiday  Camila 's Birthday....LOL, ok. Whatever.
royal and sandy, you both said the  same things, but some kind of way . No one is saying PC  can  have  St.Pauls  Church service,  tv  show,  books, CHouse  reception,  etc. for Camilla  70th.

He can and he  is doing   whatever he wants.

HOWEVER, Trudie  I agree that  PC  should have, could have  when he and PD got divorced, when she died , and when  he married  his Camilla, to  let it be known  via  TPTB  he  will not tolerate  PD, HIS SONS'S  MOTHER , being trashed.  First, he and PD divorced and he had a chance. Then she died. game over and the living  win that game  all of the time. Last time, when  he married  Camilla.
Just as he  had  PR  spin to  make Camilla  more  agreeable to his subjects, he  could have done the same.  Camila's birthday, let him  celebrate to the  high heavens  by very  way and means  necessary  if he wished. Fine.

Double post auto-merged: July 18, 2017, 07:57:16 AM

To royal and sandy,  you both said the same basic  thing . We  are all in agreement. Life goes one. Camillia's birthday, let PC  celebrate  it declaring a  national holiday  if he can  or wishes, LOL!!  That is nt the pot  about him celebrating it.
About PD's memorial..,who, where here or anywhere s saying he and Camila should take part. NO WAY!! of course not.  You  destroyed a then  young  girls hopes, dreams, I mean  early  1980's, and since she is  dead, you dance  on her grave. No. That  would  not  be good pr. I  personally  think, PC should not have  gone to the concert  PW and PH  had  way  back when.  Camilla  being there would  have  been awful PR. We  all know the story  abut  she  thought abut  it  for a minute.  No need to repost  please.

Double post auto-merged: July 18, 2017, 08:11:41 AM

Yes. The actual night when the death announcement came I was with relatives in Edgware but had to visit people in Mottingham on the day that the queen came back so I passed by just to see for myself the drama that was unfolding in the media. I normally come up via hyde park and then move on to North London. I did a detour and the crowds were stifling. The smell of flowers was overwhelming as well as the tears and recriminations. ]

London  is  a  big city. If this is what you saw, how you saw it, ok. I was not there. YES,  according to the  news reports, the crowds were  massive  and  the flowers    were rows  and  rows deep at KP.

royal. " I did a detour and the crowds were stifling. The smell of flowers was overwhelming as well as the tears and recriminations. "
I do  not  understand  your point  here.  I  can  read and comprehend . Thank you. I'll answer.
YES. Well yes. YES. Princess Diana  died. People thought about her good works.  Her sons losing their mother so young. She losing her life  so young. She  was a  national and world  renown  iconic  figure  with good  works to back up that image. People have a tendency to think about  their own loved who  may  have  died  as  young mothers, daughters....etc. Heads of state, Crowned heads,  British govt  officials and Commonwealth  HofS sent  notes,  issued statements, sent  a representative  to her funeral if they  could not attend. She  was a  world  figure. A national figure. She  was  not  a polarizing  world  figure  like a  head of state. Ex. Prime Minster, POTUS, Pres  of a  country, etc.

YES.
Oh wait.
You think,  "I did a detour and the crowds were stifling.
 The smell of flowers was overwhelming as well as the tears and recriminations."
Well wait  until QEII dies.
You have  not seen anything yet!!! 
The crowds will be stifling.
 The smell of flowers will be overwhelming as well as the tears and recriminations.

There is  always a  line  in your post  that takes  criticism  of  PD. You have  every right to do. I am simply saying so.

Double post auto-merged: July 18, 2017, 08:29:31 AM

I  really do not want to get into a discussion about the subtleties of English language. What I might say is that literal interpretations can be misleading. But let me break it down nevertheless:

1. There was a crowd of people who assembled at BP and KP after the announcement.
2. Many in that crowd were complaining that the flag was not lowered.
3. The press took on the complaints and wrote articles demanding the queen return and the flag lowered
4. The queen returned to a hostile reception
5. A few people tried to show a friendly side to the queen and royal family
6. I totally felt that the excessive emotions of that day were not called for.
7. I also disagreed with some of the conspiracy theories (although someone has privately been raising interesting issues)

I hope that clears things up

6. You have a  right to think, feel as  you do. Fine.
Many  people  will   feel , think as you do when  Camilla dies  or  PC dies or even QEII does. No,  PD 's death  , well, some people felt, thought as you did. Fine.

7. The conspiracy theories  always  happen when  something like this happens to  someone like her. JFK-Did So did Oswald act alone? Kennedy's secretary  was named Lincoln  and Lincolns  ' secretary was named Kennedy. Oh boy, the never ending comparison and conspiracy theories and  so many  others, what can   anyone say. Believe  it or not. It is up to the person. Elvis s still alive...LOL, ever heard that. LOL!!
When  QEII des  and when Camilla  dies,  get ready  for all the  theories, comparison,  mystery's, etc. I bet.
I never  PD died as I have said  over and over .  HPaul-drunk. Outracing the  media. PD-too  loose  in her pride, etc. to have the proper security  befitting her person, station in life.  Error  in judgment  of  DF. Sending a decoy  couple , car, waiting, etc. , he should have  simply said,  "Hey,lets stay  at my  house  here at the  Ritz."  He owned the hotel and had an apt  there.

1. Yes, there were huge  crowds  at  KP, BP,  etc.  PD HAD JUST BEEN REPORTED DEAD.  DIED. SHOCK. DISBELIEF.  RUMOR. WHERE? HOW?

2,3,4,5. YES and....  PD  was dead.  Where was the Q?  She  needed to  lead her family and her subjects.  The media and people and world  were wondering..is she  coming....the flags....why..why not... what? Rightly so. The people  were left wondering and looking and  could not figure that out....PD died and  TBRF, namely  QEII, Sovereign....YES, QEII  made a error in judgment and  Tony Blair did not bully...umm NO ONE bullies QEII, but he  was instrumental in delicately meting with her to see she  needed to  leave Balmoral  or wherever  she was and  break that  stiff upper lip, issue a  statement that will suffice,  that tradition...WE do  not grieve as such commoners, etc.
Slight error.  Short time  it  was corrected.

Double post auto-merged: July 18, 2017, 09:50:23 AM

From sara, [Hail our future Queen Camilla! Ahead of her 70th birthday, ANDREW ROBERTS writes it's time to make Charles' wife the Princess of Wales and lay the ghost of Diana to rest
Hail our future Queen Camilla says Andrew Roberts | Daily Mail Online]

Thanks sara  for posting the  article. Interesting  article. Not  necessary to print  by the  author, but ok.  I get it.  Point of the author  is  very  proCamilla, but  his  point is   not  necessary.
Camila is  Camila, Princess of Wales, Duchess of Cornwall, and whatever  half dozen titles  she  has being married  to PC. These  are all the same ones  PD  had. Camila   did not take, chose not to take, will not  ever take,  could  not take her  name which is Princess of Wales  or ___________, Princess of Wales because PD took t  was  so  associated with it. Therefore Camlila  took  one  of her many  other  names  to  make  her  name  her  own  for  informal, media reasons.
NO, Camila  will never  be  known  publically by  her rightful title,  Camilla, Princess of Wales  or Princess of Wales and that is ok. It  IS her title .  Her next title, Queen Camilla.

What  I  want to know  is  how  Camilla will be styled if  King Charles  dies before  her  or  if Prince Charles  does before  her.
I wish this author had written on that. Something we  , royal watchers, the public  sort of  knows but not really.  Camila is  NOT the  Queen Mother .She  will have  forever whatever  titles  given to  her depending  when Charles  dies  ...at what  point  , Prince or King.
This  would be the first time, a  Queen   not being the Queen Mother , correct, if  King Charles dies before  her.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 09:50:23 AM by FanDianaFancy »

The following users thanked this post: sandy

Offline Duch_Luver_4ever

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    6%
    • Favorite royal: Diana, Princess of Wales
Re: Camilla\\\'s 70th birthday
« Reply #60 on: July 18, 2017, 10:40:46 AM »
The Duchess of Cornwall Celebrates Her 70th Birthday
The Duchess of Cornwall Celebrates Her 70th Birthday | NEWMYROYALS & HOLLYWOOD FASHION

Double post auto-merged: July 18, 2017, 12:20:24 AM

The Duchess of Cornwall poses in jeans for relaxed 70th birthday photo
Prince Charles' wife Camilla poses in jeans for 70th birthday photo

Double post auto-merged: July 18, 2017, 12:23:43 AM

CNN speaks to the Duchess of Cornwall - CNN Video

This might be divisive and some will think silly, and its probably just me missing that Dianas no longer here, and the unfortunate timing of her death with a decade starting b-day of Camilla, but Testino made his chops photographing Diana (yes, he obviously did enough work to come to her attention back then, but worldwide, he went from a nobody to a somebody photographing Diana and certainly used that opportunity to do well).

I know he snapped Camilla before, after the wedding, but On this 20th anniversary of both his breakthrough and her death, his choice of subject shows a lack of respect for what made him so famous. It just made me very sad to see an artist so entwined with Diana to pick this time to do this, (im sure he was chosen by TPTB purposefully for the timing). I just couldnt help saying to myself "Oh Mario, not you...." just very sad and disappointed in someone who used to bring only joy to Diana fans hearts.

"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    24%
« Reply #61 on: July 18, 2017, 12:10:51 PM »
No you are not being silly @Duch_Luver_4ever. One of the first things you have to learn about celebrity life are the fine weather friends. Testino is really just following whoever has the power at the moment. He knows that if he is nice to Camilla, there will be lots of royal commissions coming his way. That is just the way people are. They drift away when you no longer have power and influence. Sadly it is a human trait and you are just acting like a normal person to feel disappointed.

I suspect that Camilla still has the co-wife mentality so from time to time she does like to show her triumph. A bit like "well you all thought I was never getting anywhere, now look. I have it all...so suck it up dears". Not a fine human trait but nonetheless a human trait. People do not that sometimes. We call it "rubbing it in" here.

The following users thanked this post: Duch_Luver_4ever

Online Curryong

• Forum Nobility
  • Activity:
    18%
    • Favorite royal: The Queen and Prince Harry
« Reply #62 on: July 18, 2017, 12:56:59 PM »
Well, it will only be 'triumph' for a few years so Camilla might as well make the most of it, though personally I don't consider it a 'triumph' to have survived a dead person. In a couple of decades Diana's son may well be on the throne and Camilla, Charles and Mario will no longer be around. Mario's photos of Diana are still considered iconic. I doubt his of Camilla's will be.

Offline amabel

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #63 on: July 18, 2017, 01:09:17 PM »
Who said it was a triumph to survive a dead person?  Camilla would have married Charles, regardless of what happened to Diana.  It was sad that Diana died but it had nothing to do with Camilla.  And Diana ended the marriage, she wanted out, so presumably she did not care that it would mean that Camilla would take her palce as queen one day.
and what does I t mean that Charles wont be around or Camilla.   yes of course tehy are mortal, we all are.  William will be king and eventually HE wil die and not be around any more.

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    24%
« Reply #64 on: July 18, 2017, 01:16:30 PM »
I don't think Camilla is triumphant about surviving someone. You would have to be a very messed up person to do that. I think that "triumph" is more to do with the fact that despite her many detractors, she got the man. I know it is not a particularly endearing trait but human beings do that sometimes. When everybody says that you are going to fail and you prove them all wrong.

As for Testino, I do not think Camilla is really looking for iconic pictures at all.  This is just one of the perks of being married to the Prince of Wales. Artists of all types want to be around you and do features about you. It goes with the territory. Of course we are discounting the fact that Testino could genuinely like Camilla just as he liked Diana when she was alive. It is entirely possible for someone to like both women, even though they are very different in their personalities. He may feel that he is under no obligation "not to cross the picket line" so to speak. Besides, this could be a business opportunity for him on both occasions and nothing more.

Online Curryong

• Forum Nobility
  • Activity:
    18%
« Reply #65 on: July 18, 2017, 01:17:24 PM »
It means that Diana's son will be on the throne not Camilla's. She will be, as a second wife, a name in a book, a footnote. It will be Diana's son and grandson on the throne, not Camilla's, something for her to contemplate in her moment of triumph.

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    24%
« Reply #66 on: July 18, 2017, 01:27:09 PM »
William/George etc ascending to the throne is not a triumph for Diana or a defeat for Camilla. The two women were never competing about who would produce heirs to the British throne. Their competition was for Charles' affections. Charles eventually chose Camilla and divorced Diana. That pretty much ended that "love triangle" if you want to call it that. The triumph I am referring to is that despite all the naysayers, Camilla has married Charles and is is undertaking her role successfully. This is in contrast to those who thought she was going to fail and predicted doom for the monarchy when Charles insisted on marrying her. As we all see, the monarch is still running strong and nothing dramatic has happened.

The succession is the natural progression of the constitutional order of the UK. It is not a triumph for a dead Diana or a defeat for an ageing Camilla. If Camilla were to survive her husband, I am absolutely certain that the new King William would treat her with all the courtesies that are due to his father's dowager. There would be no snubbing or isolation or humiliation. William has never given any indication that he is out to take revenge on his step mother at all. On the contrary, he has behaved with impeccable dignity and understanding.  That is a credit to him as a person for not getting stuck in bitterness and unnecessary antagonism. That is why he is able to attend a memorial for his dead mother one week and a birthday celebration for his step mother two weeks later.

These are not bitter step children out to make trouble. They are just getting on with their lives and supporting their father as best as they can in the situation. The antagonism towards Camilla has never ever come from William or Harry. Indeed it is William who initiated contact with Camilla after his mother died. That is not the behavior of a vengeful person but one with maturity.

This idea of "a footnote" has been bandied about for so long but I doubt the principals are really that bothered about it. Camilla has never ever said she wanted to be a historical figure or that she was petrified of being forgotten or even "airbrushed". That is not her character at all. Neither has she ever indicated that she has any intention of her son being on the throne or denying Diana's son his right to succession. Camilla's children are not entitled to the throne because they are not in the line of succession. Where did that one even come from???
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 01:32:51 PM by royalanthropologist »

Offline sandy

• RIF Veteran
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    28%
« Reply #67 on: July 18, 2017, 01:36:58 PM »
I don't think Camilla is triumphant about surviving someone. You would have to be a very messed up person to do that. I think that "triumph" is more to do with the fact that despite her many detractors, she got the man. I know it is not a particularly endearing trait but human beings do that sometimes. When everybody says that you are going to fail and you prove them all wrong.

As for Testino, I do not think Camilla is really looking for iconic pictures at all.  This is just one of the perks of being married to the Prince of Wales. Artists of all types want to be around you and do features about you. It goes with the territory. Of course we are discounting the fact that Testino could genuinely like Camilla just as he liked Diana when she was alive. It is entirely possible for someone to like both women, even though they are very different in their personalities. He may feel that he is under no obligation "not to cross the picket line" so to speak. Besides, this could be a business opportunity for him on both occasions and nothing more.

"Got the man?" How very old fashioned. She already "had" the man as his mistress. She was always in control. Only she did not "get the man" as a husband before she married APB. He moved on. And supposedly she wanted to "get the man" Andrew Parker Bowles.

I think Testino likes the $$$ and also Charles is a future King and maybe he can get some honors down the road.

The following users thanked this post: Trudie

Online Curryong

• Forum Nobility
  • Activity:
    18%
« Reply #68 on: July 18, 2017, 01:37:27 PM »
I know Camilla's children are not in the line of succession. Camilla is Charles's second wife, no more no less. And I hope now Camilla's all-important 70th birthday is over she will cease the interviews about Charles and life with him, and just allow the documentaries and programmes about the dead Diana to be shown without any interference. It has been a Clarence House PR campaign to again push Camilla centre forward for the last couple of months.

Offline sandy

• RIF Veteran
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    28%
« Reply #69 on: July 18, 2017, 01:40:08 PM »
No you are not being silly @Duch_Luver_4ever. One of the first things you have to learn about celebrity life are the fine weather friends. Testino is really just following whoever has the power at the moment. He knows that if he is nice to Camilla, there will be lots of royal commissions coming his way. That is just the way people are. They drift away when you no longer have power and influence. Sadly it is a human trait and you are just acting like a normal person to feel disappointed.

I suspect that Camilla still has the co-wife mentality so from time to time she does like to show her triumph. A bit like "well you all thought I was never getting anywhere, now look. I have it all...so suck it up dears". Not a fine human trait but nonetheless a human trait. People do not that sometimes. We call it "rubbing it in" here.

Triumph over a dead woman?! It is more vindictive than triumphant if that is the case.

Camilla is a consort, Testino I think is pleasing the future King. That said. The photo is heavily airbrushed and is not the "triumph" that Camilla may think it is.

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    24%
« Reply #70 on: July 18, 2017, 01:44:00 PM »
Of course she will not cease giving interviews about her life with her husband. Camilla is not under gagging orders. Like I said before, this is media that is out there. People can choose to listen or not listen to it. A person makes a choice to read an article about Camilla. They are not forced to do so. If some people do not want to hear about her, they just have to filter out any results mentioning her name. But it is preposterous and presumptuous to say that someone cannot express themselves because you are in mourning and do not want to hear about them.

Camilla is not blocking or interfering a single Diana documentary as far as I can tell. Neither does she have the power to do so. Above all, I am sure she has no intention of doing so.  She is celebrating her 70th birthday and talking about her husband. The two things have absolutely nothing to do with Diana's documentaries or memorials, except for the fact that they happen to fall around the same period of time.

Clarence house will continue to "push" Camilla because she is Charles' wife. That is what they are paid to do. All you have to do is just ignore their PR missives if they offend you. I don't see what the problem is.

Offline sandy

• RIF Veteran
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    28%
« Reply #71 on: July 18, 2017, 01:44:21 PM »

Yes, I can see Camilla having another portrait released or some other appearance going on after the boys talk about their mother.  Charles not "Clarence HOuse" is pushing her. I think it rather ghoulish to see articles "Hail the future Queen" Camilla  when the Queen Regnant is very much alive. It's like "they can't wait."Camilla's birthday stories were aggressively pushed to various media outlets.

William/George etc ascending to the throne is not a triumph for Diana or a defeat for Camilla. The two women were never competing about who would produce heirs to the British throne. Their competition was for Charles' affections. Charles eventually chose Camilla and divorced Diana. That pretty much ended that "love triangle" if you want to call it that. The triumph I am referring to is that despite all the naysayers, Camilla has married Charles and is is undertaking her role successfully. This is in contrast to those who thought she was going to fail and predicted doom for the monarchy when Charles insisted on marrying her. As we all see, the monarch is still running strong and nothing dramatic has happened.

The succession is the natural progression of the constitutional order of the UK. It is not a triumph for a dead Diana or a defeat for an ageing Camilla. If Camilla were to survive her husband, I am absolutely certain that the new King William would treat her with all the courtesies that are due to his father's dowager. There would be no snubbing or isolation or humiliation. William has never given any indication that he is out to take revenge on his step mother at all. On the contrary, he has behaved with impeccable dignity and understanding.  That is a credit to him as a person for not getting stuck in bitterness and unnecessary antagonism. That is why he is able to attend a memorial for his dead mother one week and a birthday celebration for his step mother two weeks later.

These are not bitter step children out to make trouble. They are just getting on with their lives and supporting their father as best as they can in the situation. The antagonism towards Camilla has never ever come from William or Harry. Indeed it is William who initiated contact with Camilla after his mother died. That is not the behavior of a vengeful person but one with maturity.

This idea of "a footnote" has been bandied about for so long but I doubt the principals are really that bothered about it. Camilla has never ever said she wanted to be a historical figure or that she was petrified of being forgotten or even "airbrushed". That is not her character at all. Neither has she ever indicated that she has any intention of her son being on the throne or denying Diana's son his right to succession. Camilla's children are not entitled to the throne because they are not in the line of succession. Where did that one even come from???

CHarles had problems if he married Diana and Diana had to "win" him after he married her. That sounds very egocentric of him. Maybe he liked women "fighting" over him. It's a sick situation like when Charles got involved with his friends' wives because he could.

I think Camilla is rather full of herself.  Giving the interviews about what Charles is "really like," grinning for the cameras, and really seeming to believe her own publicity.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 01:47:42 PM by sandy »

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    24%
« Reply #72 on: July 18, 2017, 01:59:00 PM »
Well she would be "full of herself" because she is the wife to the heir to the British throne. She is in a unique position and knows Charles better than just about anybody else. Above all she gave us insight into what he is like in private. For example, I did not know that Charles was spending time with his step grand children and reading them bed time stories. That is another facet of him that I did not know before.

If Camilla releases another portrait, people can opt to ignore it. This is a free world in which a person can choose what they want to read or not read.  I am sure any new Camilla portraits are not going to stop the boys talking about their mother at all. Indeed Camilla's birthday or any interviews she gives about it have zilch to do with Diana's memorials or the interviews her sons give about her.

This is not the first time people have speculated about a future queen and it will not be the last. Even Diana herself talked about being a "Queen of People's Hearts"; something that was taken to be a challenge to the queen's authority. Many people kept referring to her as the future queen or the queen that might have been. Even Kate is talked about as a future queen. This is not the first time it is happening so I see no problem with it.

I am sorry but sometimes you do provoke harsh responses @sandy. This is an example:

"Charles not "Clarence HOuse" is pushing her."

That is a very ridiculous statement because as you know very well, Charles is in total control of Clarence house. He pays the wages and gives the commands. You also know very well that Charles does not engage in direct PR initiatives. That is done by his staff. In light of all that, your statement above makes no sense at all.

Que the complaints about being attacked and insulted...used to it now :notamused:

Offline sandy

• RIF Veteran
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    28%
« Reply #73 on: July 18, 2017, 02:08:06 PM »
I think she should keep her mouth shut. Of course she would want to let people know that the future King is "close" to her grandchildren. Though supposedly Charles does not like small children around which is why she sees them at Raymill. Charles does not even see much of his own grandchildren or so he says so it's odd she would sing his praises talking about Charles not their granddad APB being with them. Again she airbrushes the one who was responsible for her having children and grandchildren, her first husband. She may put her own spin on Charles in the interviews.  I think she is full of herself and she has nothing really to be that proud of considering how she got where she is today.

Charles had that portrait sent to all media outlets so people opening the computer can't help seeing the visages of C and C in the airbrushed portrait.

I think it tacky for them to have a Testino official portrait the same one who took photos of Diana and iconic photos at that. I wonder why they could not dig up some photographer who took iconic portraits of Jackie and Marilyn while they were at it.

The QUeen of People's hearts was NEVER taken as something to challenge the Queen's authority. Diana clearly was out of the royal family and was going her own way. Blair talked about her being the Queen of HEarts and he was not arrested for treason. This is something that was never said about Diana when she referred to being the Queen of People's Hearts.

You go in for baiting posts and sniping It is your problem not mine. If you don't like my posts too bad.

It is not ridiculous. Clarence House is a building not a person. Charles has people who work for him. Who do you think hired BOlland. Charles did. Charles has PR it is a fact and nothing for you to "provoke" snipes. You do that all by yourself.

So why did you not just say Charles did this if you know it is Charles and why do you get so offended when I state a fact. I think you like sniping. You make no sense and are going off on a tangent again which involves getting rude. You are the one not making sense. Baiting posts are off topic so it's not going to work. Stick to the facts please.

I'm used to your pattern now so  don't flatter yourself.

You admit it is Charles yet you get snippy? What is your problem?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 02:10:39 PM by sandy »

Offline amabel

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #74 on: July 18, 2017, 02:47:48 PM »
It means that Diana's son will be on the throne not Camilla's. She will be, as a second wife, a name in a book, a footnote. It will be Diana's son and grandson on the throne, not Camilla's, something for her to contemplate in her moment of triumph.
why would she care???? Do you really think that Diana has "won" because her son will be king?  (If indeed he does become king, since nothtng in life is certain except Death).  Its possible I often think that the monarchy will end with Wililam, because I don't think he cares enough to fight if there was a big scandal or anything that caused a strongly republican mood.  Nor IMO does he care enough about being King to work very hard which is usually the way that a royal overcomes bad press and scandals.
And do you really think that Camilla cares that William will be king and not her son??  She' is not a complete idiot and only an idiot would think like that.  She will be Charles' consort and problaby titled Queen so if one wishes to think in terms of "winning and losing", she's the one who is going to sit on the throne besides Charles, she's the one who has achieved a comfortable life, a title, position and indeed a happy marriage..

Royal Insight Forum is not responsible for the content of external sites