Wales' Kids general chat

Started by LouisFerdinand, April 16, 2017, 12:09:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LouisFerdinand

How much candy will Prince George and Princess Charlotte get in their Easter baskets?     

:random2: :random2: :random2: :random2: :random2: :random2: :random2:

TLLK

HMMMM...hopefully Lupo hasn't found it before the kids get up!

sara8150

Royal news: Prince George and Princess Charlotte ?BANNED? from top table royal dinners | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Articles says George and Charlotte will join toddlers small tables not adult tables and also no baby with adults

Curryong

Well, it depends what Royal dinners we are talking about doesn't it? I can imagine William and Kate had George and Charlotte in high chairs for family meals (as they will Louis when he's old enough) but they stayed in the nursery when they had (have) formal dinners with friends. Nor do I expect to read that they will appear to lunches and evening meals with visitors when their parents are Prince and Princess of Wales, until their mid teens at least.

Anne is Royal but I don't imagine that she objects when she visits Zara or Peter and the little ones are there on booster seats when the family gathers to eat breakfast or lunch. It depends at what hour the household has dinner as to whether the children would be present or not.

On the other hand the Queen and Duke are older people and it wasn't done years ago to have children of under teen years dining with adults. Thus, when they visit Edward and Sophie for tea, for example, both Louise and James are likely to be present. If they are there for dinner, probably not.

And at Balmoral and at Sandringham Queen's rules apply, and I don't imagine it changing in Charles's time either. Littlies are indeed confined to separate tables or even to the nursery when adults gather for meals. That would apply to older children too. Different bed times, different evening meal schedules.

royalanthropologist

I think that is wise. Dinners can be boring for children and they can do unexpected things such as throwing food or cutlery. Better to do a kiddie table for them.
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

sara8150

QuoteAnd at Balmoral and at Sandringham Queen's rules apply, and I don't imagine it changing in Charles's time either. Littlies are indeed confined to separate tables or even to the nursery when adults gather for meals. That would apply to older children too. Different bed times, different evening meal schedules.

I?m agreed with you,@Curryong

QuoteI think that is wise. Dinners can be boring for children and they can do unexpected things such as throwing food or cutlery. Better to do a kiddie table for them.

Yes they can throw food over adult tables not idea!! But they separate adult tables and kiddie tables,@royalanthropologist

LouisFerdinand

What is the oldest a royal child was when he/she was still sitting at the children's table?

Curryong

We don't know details of seating arrangements for young members of the BRF in their private homes, or at Balmoral and Sandringham.

Royal children are probably allowed to dine with adults, except at very important and formal dinner parties with guests, when they have learned some table manners and dinner party conversation without exasperating their elders too much. I'd guess about fourteen or fifteen years of age. I think I remember reading about Diana encountering the teenage Edward having a tray of food sometimes while he watched videos in a sitting room at Balmoral.

LouisFerdinand

What will Prince George and Princess Charlotte ask for when they write to Father Christmas?   :xmas22: :xmas22:

TLLK

They'll ask for what they want for Christmas. :)

LouisFerdinand

Prince George and Princess Charlotte have Christmas stockings.   
Will Prince William and Kate Middleton's son Prince Louis be opening this stocking on Christmas morning?     

:xmas17: :xmas17: :xmas17:

LouisFerdinand

Do you think each royal child should have an individual looking stocking?

TLLK

Yes it doesn't matter if you're royal or not but it is traditional for each child (sometimes adults too) to have their own individual stocking at Christmas.

LouisFerdinand

Here is a description of how to put names on Christmas stockings.   
DIY - Putting Names on Christmas Stockings - YouTube

wannable

George wants a new tennis raquet and is football mad
Charlotte is horse mad like the Queen and wants a pony

Source: Today's DM.  Princess Charlotte has asked for a pony for Christmas | Daily Mail Online

SophieChloe

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

TLLK

Quote from: wannable on December 08, 2019, 01:35:40 PM
George wants a new tennis raquet and is football mad
Charlotte is horse mad like the Queen and wants a pony

Source: Today's DM.  Princess Charlotte has asked for a pony for Christmas | Daily Mail Online
:lol:

I wonder if Charlotte has been told that Father Christmas will expect her to clean up the pony's stall. :xmas15:

Anyhow, I somewhat doubt that she's going to have her wish granted, though there are ponies at Windsor Castle, Sandringham and Balmoral for her to ride on. AFAIK there isn't stable space at KP but there should be some at St. James Palace. :xmas4:

George is more likely to receive a tennis raquet and something related to football.
Louis will likely be happy with a big box to play in.  :xmas1:

wannable

:notworthy: genius, that's a way to forget a pony for a couple of years. Her great grandmother received her first pony at 4, but she started riding at 6.

Curryong

I'm not so sure. I've read that like all Royal children the Queen was put on ponies as soon as she could walk. And there were plenty of ponies/horses on family properties including Glamis.

Blue Clover

I would do just about anything to be a fly on the wall during a Royal Christmas with the Queen.  :teehee:
I am sure the Queen is thrilled that Charlotte likes ponies and horses, she is in the right family.

TLLK

Quote from: Curryong on December 08, 2019, 08:11:30 PM
I'm not so sure. I've read that like all Royal children the Queen was put on ponies as soon as she could walk. And there were plenty of ponies/horses on family properties including Glamis.
Yes I would expect that during her youth, Princess Elizabeth and her younger sister Princess Margaret had more access to pony riding. I remember an old video of QEII with her then young grandchildren, Princess William and Harry, the Phillips and the York princesses riding with their grandmother at Balmoral.
I wonder if London had more horse accommodations in the pre-WWII 1930's when the Yorks were residing there?
Were more people riding for pleasure and were some tradespeople still using horse carts for some deliveries in different parts of the metropolis?

Curryong

Yes from what I've read there were a lot more livery stable around in cities including London. There was a large one for people to ride in the Row at Hyde Park. Of course the Yorks were often away from central London on official duties and leisure activities. The Duke went on a lot of shoots and fox hunts as well. And they were given White Lodge which in those days was a lot more semi rural than it is now.

Princess Cassandra

As a horse loving mom with two horse crazy daughters I can say with confidence that early riding is fine. You just can?t expect them to be able to take off on their own. They love to be in the saddle and take lessons, and by five years old they can be trotting and going over cross rails with a great deal of supervision and in an enclosed area. However, I did read somewhere that Prince William thinks she is too young.....and he and Catherine are the best judges of what is best for her.

sandy

Kate supposedly was allergic to horses or so I read.

TLLK

Quote from: Princess Cassandra on December 08, 2019, 11:56:09 PM
As a horse loving mom with two horse crazy daughters I can say with confidence that early riding is fine. You just can?t expect them to be able to take off on their own. They love to be in the saddle and take lessons, and by five years old they can be trotting and going over cross rails with a great deal of supervision and in an enclosed area. However, I did read somewhere that Prince William thinks she is too young.....and he and Catherine are the best judges of what is best for her.
Great to get your insight on this sport @Princess Cassandra. It appears that the Cambridges have followed the example of the PoW and the late Diana, Princess of Wales by introducing their children to pony riding early on. The Queen's Phillips', Wales, York and Wessex grandchildren all seem to have started on one of the small ponies to become acquainted with riding early on.

QuoteKate supposedly was allergic to horses or so I read.

This article from 2018 shared that George was learning from Zara Tindall. :nod: There are plenty of experienced riders in the BRF, so Catherine knows that she doesn't have to teach this sport to her kids when there's two Olympians in the family.

Kate Middleton's son Prince George learning to ride on Zara Tindall's Shetland pony | HELLO!

QuotePrince George is taking after his great-grandmother the Queen! The future King, who turns five in July, is learning how to ride and has been having lessons at Windsor. A source exclusively told HELLO! that George has been practising on a Shetland pony that belongs to his father Prince William's cousin, Zara Tindall, who is a talented equestrian herself. They said: "William and Kate were really keen to get George riding ? it's something all the royals do and the whole family adore animals. But obviously he's only small so they didn't want to put him on a big horse. They asked Zara if they could use one of her Shetland ponies and he's been learning to ride on one of those."

No doubt the Phillips girls, Charlotte, and Mia Tindall have already been taught some early riding basics and in time I'm sure that Louis, Lena and Archie will join them. :xmas15: