Losing customized profile features

Started by Mike, February 20, 2016, 06:11:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

First my picture of Diana disappeared, then my Political Mutineer award, then my signature and now my American flag.  Efforts to restore these have been unsuccessful.  Is an administrator trying to tell me something?    :blank:
Mark Twain:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it."
and
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please."

Jennifer

Mike, the admins disabled members from uploading avatars outside of this forum because of the recent hacker attack.  You do have the option to choose an avatar from the image gallery on this forum.
"You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination". ~ Ralph Marston

Mike

Thanks, Jennifer.  At least, I have my country's flag back.    :flower:
Mark Twain:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it."
and
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please."

Windsor

Apologies for this Mike - we were attacked by hackers not too long ago, they deleted a lot of content, and uploaded their own. As a result, all user uploaded files had to be removed for security measures. :hug:

TLLK

Jenee

Hackers are a real pain in the booty 😒 - although, 10+ years and only one attack isn't too shabby :-)
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

myidea

Hello. I don't know if is the right topic, but what I need to do to delete my account here.

Is getting bored
Defamation
Any intentional false communication, either written or spoken, that harms a person's reputation; decreases the respect, regard, or confidence in which a person is held; or induces disparaging, hostile, or disagreeable opinions or feelings against a person.
Defamation may be a criminal or civil charge. It encompasses both written statements, known as libel, and spoken statements, called slander.

Jenee

Hi- just click logout. We don't delete accounts :)

LouisFerdinand

On March 6 and 7 I have tried to reply by clicking on CENTER but it did not respond. Also I have tried clicking on an Image and it did not respond. Are these functions not working at random?

LouisFerdinand

I just submitted a response to Belgian royals on a ski trip. What I do not understand is that I was able to have the statement Centered and also used the icon of the snowman.   
Centering and Images now work. However, is this a temporary problem they were not working?

LouisFerdinand

What have I done? I submitted The German Woman but when I clicked on the Italics, the word Italicized appeared briefly on the screen. But the title did not go to Italics. PLEASE HELP!!!!

LouisFerdinand

I just tried the CENTER icon for the Mary Stuart reply. CENTERING is not working!!! Please explain!!

SophieChloe

I believe some functions have been removed.  Is it really that important to use Italics and Centering @LouisFerdinand ?
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

Jenee

@LouisFerdinand- your problem has me stumped. Are you using the WYSIWYG editor? (Check the settings in your profile). Are you highlighting the word before clicking bold (etc)? Last but not least, are you using a mobile device? @Limabeany is also having trouble with some features from her mobile device- I don't think the software we use on the forum is keeping up well with the rapidly changing technology.

LouisFerdinand

Quote from: Jenee on March 10, 2016, 11:28:23 AM
@LouisFerdinand- your problem has me stumped. Are you using the WYSIWYG editor? (Check the settings in your profile). Are you highlighting the word before clicking bold (etc)? Last but not least, are you using a mobile device? @Limabeany is also having trouble with some features from her mobile device- I don't think the software we use on the forum is keeping up well with the rapidly changing technology.
@Jenee, I do not do contributions via a mobile device. I do not have the WYSIWYG editor.

Jenee

Try toggling off the rich text editor when you reply and see if that helps (it's the arrow icon on the reply page).

LouisFerdinand

Quote from: Jenee on March 11, 2016, 11:35:57 AM
Try toggling off the rich text editor when you reply and see if that helps (it's the arrow icon on the reply page).
I toggled off the arrow icon. Nothing occurred.

Jenee

Are you still having problems, then?

LouisFerdinand

Quote from: Jenee on March 14, 2016, 10:29:03 AM
Are you still having problems, then?
  Yes. There are certain times when the CENTER, Italics, and Smiles do not work whatsoever.   
     Then there are rare moments when all these work. I tried to center this reply but when I clicked on CENTER, nothing worked.

Jenee

I'm afraid I don't know how to help you. It seems to be a problem localized to your computer. I haven't been able to replicate it, and I was able to center your post without any issues so it doesn't seem to be related to your account either.

amabel

HI I seem to have lost my "Fourm Profile" which contains my buddy list and ignore list and the "ignore" seems to have disappeared.  Can I get this back>

Orchid

"Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things."
-Winston Churchil