Remains of Russian Tsar's children possibly found- archeologists

Started by karla64, August 23, 2007, 09:27:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karla64

I hope it solve most mystery isAlexi  and Grand duchess Maria I thought it was Anastasia but it said only missing two were  alexi and Maria... :hmm:

http://www.interfax-religion.com/?act=news&div=3517

angeleyed

such a sad story... cool article, thanks. wish all of it would just be solved. i liked the disney version better.  :P
to be trusted ...  ...a greater compliment
than to be loved
JeSnoRe KaBaAn M

Pri

This is really interesting...it'd be nice to see how this unfolds and if the remains are the tsar's (I've always preferred the "czar" spelling more) children.  Good find! :thumbsup:
"I didn't really know what I wanted to do, but I knew the woman I wanted to become." DvF

Miryoku

Very interesting.  After further testing of the remains, I wonder if this will finally put to rest all of the rumours of Princess Anastasia surviving the massacre that killed the rest of her family?
Harryite #0060  Chelsyite #0025
My name is Miryoku. I sleep in a padded cell.

papsriya

interesting article. :thumbsup:

thanks karla :Royal: :flowers:
Row, row, row your boat,
Gently down the stream.
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily,
Life is but a dream.
JeSnoRe KaBaAn M
I agree with everything Margherita says...sometimes :sigh:

The Dream Couple: WillyandKatyite #002 - I wear my # with Pride :snob:

heather

So many imposters over the years, including Anna Anderson, who was "outed" by DNA, but sadly it was after she had shuffled off her mortal coil. <_<

Lila the Flirt

Such a tragedy but I do hope this will put an end to the story. They need to rest in peace.

Flirt's the name, flirtin's my game :lila:

Wombat

It's got to be them....near to the mass grave which was under the wood sleepers on a forest road.....they apparently burnt two bodies whilst digging a hole for the other ones...it's such a sad story...it really needs an end.

LouisFerdinand

It is always interesting to come across a story about the missing children of Tsar Nicholas II or someone who is an imposter posing as a Romanov.

Curryong

The remains of the last Tsar's children were found over a decade ago. Most of them were interred in a ceremony in Moscow attended by Russian dignitaries and politicians. There has been some trouble over the very rigid Church authorities recognising two sets of bones generally believed to be the Tsaravitch and Marie (or possibly Anastasia according to Russian scientists) since then, which led to them being disinterred and retested. The supposed controversy has rumbled on for years but apparently was settled by the last round of tests a while ago. So now I hope they can all rest in peace.

amabel

There was a  TV programme the other night about the 4 Grand Duchesses as part of the programmes on the centenary of the RUssian Revolution. the poor things were so unlucky.  But they were the victims not just of the Bolsheviks but their parents' ineptitude and stuipidty at ruling.  Anyone seen these programmes?

Curryong

^ No, don't watch documentaries on the last Tsar and his family. I've read too much about them over the years, I suppose. It was all just so disgusting, sad and awful, and Nicholas and Alexandra's blindness, obstinacy and stupidity, is just unbelievable

amabel

I've only watched this one about the daughter's, so far. But there is a lot on BBC4 about the Russian Revolution and I am now tryng to watch it.  The terrible thing is that the Bolshevik revolution was so horrible, so hearltless and led Russian into 80 years of a terror state, but the Tsarist state was pretty bad too.  not as bad I think as what came after.  But as you say Nich and Alexandra were such fools, and their stupidity in not allowing moderate reform, led to a situation where the communists were able to take power.
One  writer on the programme said that George V had offered asylum to the family, and then the girls were sick with measles and weren't well enough to travel...and by the time they had recovered, he had changed his mind..

royalanthropologist

The Russian Imperial Family were really out of this world. They must have thought they had the divine right to rule. I for one feel that had they compromised, Russia would have become a constitutional monarchy and avoided the dreadful history of the Bolsheviks and Communists who terrorized the population after the Romanovs left.

Double post auto-merged: November 10, 2017, 03:21:16 PM

I am in an anti-beeb mood at the moment but I will compromise on BBC4 because I really find the story fascinating. I know the end but still like watching the process. Every European monarch and Crown Prince/Princess would do well to watch those programs.
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

amabel

Yes of course they thought they had a divine Right to rule...

LouisFerdinand

Before taking the throne, Nicholas II expressed, 'I am not yet ready to be Tsar. I know nothing of the business of ruling.'