How The Duchess of Cornwall Won Our Hearts

Started by cinrit, July 02, 2014, 10:41:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandy

It's not always about you Cindy. This is an opinion board.

cinrit

I know it's not about me, Sandy, so why is it that almost everything I post about C/D/C gets blown out of proportion, and almost always "misinterpreted"? :lol:  I know that game.  If you don't like what I say, put me on ignore or just go on by, or PM me.  Because, as you say, it's not about me (or you).

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

sandy

Game? What game?  You are stretching things a bit by accusing me of game playing. I am just giving my opinion and that is that. And I have every right to do t his without untrue accusations being tossed at me.

To summarize:

Tiggy calling Diana out about her mothering skills was nasty.

Photographs don't tell what people are t hinking or how they feel about other people. Certainly outsiders can speculate but a lot of smiley photographs don't always give the entire picture.

I read that Tiggy and Camilla did not get along.

I doubt that Tiggy or her family spends time with Camilla.

I never said Camilla scared children and nobody else did. I just said I doubt Camilla spent much time with the children at the rehearsal except perhaps her granddaughter.

That was it. So I am not getting all the accusations about game playing. This is a board about opinions not other posters.

I am not the only one on the thread to disagree  with your opinion.

Canuck

I know I was the one who brought Tiggy up, but I'm not really sure why the Tiggy/Camilla relationship is relevant.  I mentioned some specific things Diana did to Tiggy that I thought were uncalled for -- my point was about Diana's overreaction and bad behavior, not about whether Tiggy is a saint.  I'm confused as to why it matters whether or not Tiggy gets along with other people, including Camilla. 

For what it's worth, I agree with Sandy that it sounds like Camilla didn't particularly like Tiggy.  But she hasn't made public displays of that and obviously they're both able to attend the same events without it being a problem.  I'd say they're on polite but not friendly terms, and there's nothing wrong with that.

sandy

I think any devoted mother would resent the nanny calling out publicly her parenting. It is relevant since Camilla called Tiggy the help (and perhaps other choice words) and was instrumental in getting her fired. Yet Diana gets slammed.

Diana's display was not "public" it was at a party. Of course it was not a nice way to react. But Tiggy actually to the media called Diana out. So Tiggy was the one that had the public display in every sense of the term. I don't see Tiggy as a victim or a saint. I do feel sorry for her because I think she had a crush on Charles that Charles took advantage of. He behaved inappropriately getting touchy feely with her (and there are photos of this). that is probably why Camilla got annoyed. Tiggy never went after Camilla about her parenting skills but I think Camilla did not like the coziness between Tiggy and Charles.

I don't think Tiggy and Camilla see much of each other if at all. No reason for them to see each other.

amabel

Quote from: cinrit on July 08, 2014, 02:31:01 PM
Quote from: sandy on July 08, 2014, 02:05:10 PM
Cindy, Being in someone's company does not mean they get close. I doubt Tiggy's son has been in contact with Camilla since then.

Oh, good heavens!  I did not say that they got close.  Let's let it go, okay?  Sometimes, I can't help but wonder if this is done on purpose. :happy15:

Cindy
Cindy dear, why boter indeed!  im out!

cinrit

You're absolutely right, Amabel. :hug:  And I'm out, too. :)

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

Trudie

Well just to be clear there were so many people at the wedding and wedding breakfast I doubt they interacted at all. If there was a receiving line all Tiggy had to do was drop a quick curtsy if she wanted to and moved on. It is possible to be in the same room with someone and not keep company with them.

Limabeany

Quote from: Canuck on July 08, 2014, 03:35:52 PM
I know I was the one who brought Tiggy up, but I'm not really sure why the Tiggy/Camilla relationship is relevant.  I mentioned some specific things Diana did to Tiggy that I thought were uncalled for -- my point was about Diana's overreaction and bad behavior, not about whether Tiggy is a saint.  I'm confused as to why it matters whether or not Tiggy gets along with other people, including Camilla. 
So Tiggy was brought up to criticize Diana, any mention of what Tiggy might have done poorly as well with Diana or of her inability to maintain a proper relationship with either Diana or Zcamilla is irrelevant because what is important is to criticize Diana in a vacuum...  :hmm:
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

sandy

I also think that Diana could not have spoken to Tiggy about her not talking to the media criticizing her mothering skills because Tiggy worked for Charles. I think Tiggy had a huge crush on the Prince--I don't think they were intimate but he behaved inappropriately with her (all touchy feely) and she felt confident enough to trash Diana publicly. Charles hired her as a surrogate mother not as a nanny to stick it to Diana. 

TLLK

Going to throw out a tricky question.

Does anyone here believe it is somehow disloyal for William and Harry to profess that they like or love Camilla?

SophieChloe

I do.  Very disloyal to their Mother.  After the heartache C&C caused her.

However, I believe they are pleasant to Camilla because of Charles.  The one that pays the piper.  In normal life...children grow up and pay their own way and then make decisions whether to play happy families or not.  W&H do not have that choice.  William in particular has a very spendthrift wife and lifestyle.   If he is not poncing off us, the TP, he is poncing off Charles.  Big girls blouse!
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

Eri

She is their father's wife and would have been had Di been alive Today not much they can do about it as it their father's decision all they can do is respect it I don't see why it is disloyal to their mother how about the loyalty to their father?

sandy

I doubt they had much of a choice re: Camilla.  I don't think they are disloyal to their mother since they talk about her and mention her and I don't think it a great big lovefest with Camilla. I doubt she's "Carol Brady" to them.

SophieChloe

"After the heartache C&C caused her" - can I be any clearer, Eri?  Put yourself in her situation.

As I posted above you....they keep Charles happy (I'm sure they love him, btw).

However, I also posted my reasons for them being "pleasant" to Camilla  :shrug:

SophieChloe

Quote from: sandy on July 09, 2014, 04:59:51 PM
I doubt they had much of a choice re: Camilla.  I don't think they are disloyal to their mother since they talk about her and mention her and I don't think it a great big lovefest with Camilla. I doubt she's "Carol Brady" to them.
"love her to bits" (camilla) was VERY disloyal to their Mother IMO. 

If she (and him) did that to my Mother I would not give her the time of day.  No way.  Royal or not.
However, Charles is paying for them.  Once he is gone....things might change.  Who knows. 

sandy

I think it was a throwaway line by Harry. He never said anything about her that way before or since. I  think his father may actually throw tantrums (Charles has been reported having temper tantrums one  in which he uprooted a sink).  I doubt Harry "loves her to bits" but maybe he did not want unpleasantness from his father which could have gotten  ugly.

I also think William and Harry being used in Camilla campaign by their father was horrible.  Harry was even reportedly drinking at age 13 during Charles birthday party where he had to play Happy Families with Camilla.

SophieChloe

I agree.  I doubt he "love her to bits" either.  But imo, it was a very unloyal thing to say, no matter why he said it  :hug:

sandy

What was worse was how William signed the marriage registry of his father and Camilla.  And Camilla acting like mother of the groom  at Wiliam's wedding was hard to take. She even played to the crowds (and got some boos from what I read).

What went on among William, Harry, and their father (behind the scenes) is subject to speculation.

At least Camilla did not get to go to the Diana Memorial Service. If they have another one, I think she'll try again.

Canuck

Quote from: Limabeany on July 09, 2014, 04:49:45 AM
So Tiggy was brought up to criticize Diana, any mention of what Tiggy might have done poorly as well with Diana or of her inability to maintain a proper relationship with either Diana or Zcamilla is irrelevant because what is important is to criticize Diana in a vacuum...  :hmm:

Sigh.  I'm not trying to criticize Diana in a vacuum -- you'll notice I criticized Charles as well. 

As for whether it is disloyal for Will and Harry to get along with Camilla, I would say absolutely not.  It's been 20 years or more since the Diana/Charles/Camilla situation was going on.  Whether you think one person was more to blame than the others, there was a lot of bad behavior all around.  None of us are privy to everything that happened -- Harry and Will are much closer to the situation and should have the right to make their own judgments about it.  They obviously feel at this point that they can have a relationship, of whatever type, with both Charles and Camilla.  It's not really anyone else's place to say otherwise.

sandy

Diana died in 1997 that was not more than 20 years ago. Things were still brewing--Diana was still around when Charles started his Camilla promotion campaign and had that big party for Camilla at Highgrove.

Camilla did not raise William and Harry and they were grown ups when their father married her. How they feel about her is known only to them. I don't think they are that close. William often retreats to his in-laws instead of being with his father and stepmother.

TLLK

:thanks: Sophie Chloe and Canuck for your answers to my tricky question.

SophieChloe

Aww  :hug:.   Not sure I was much help.  I can't stand the lady.  Biased old me... :hug?:

TLLK

Well let's just say I'd been thinking about it for awhile but wasn't sure how posters would take it. I appreciate your candor.

FanDianaFancy

Quote from: Limabeany on July 09, 2014, 04:49:45 AM

Correct.