Duchess of Cambridge' tour wardrobe / fashion / style ,.etc

Started by Princessinwaiting, April 06, 2014, 02:44:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenee

I don't blame them... It's practically guaranteed sales!
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

PrincessOfPeace

Fashionistas across the globe admire the Duchess of Cambridge's style and her outfit choices in New Zealand - from bespoke dresses, to casual jeans - did not disappoint.

Video: Duchess of Cambridge's fashion highlights in New Zealand - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk

Lady Adams

Kate has worn another New Zealand designer (another repeat). Such a shame that the two NZ designers have been repeats. This could have been a great opportunity to feature an up-and-comer.

And she never worn the earrings that the designers said she had purchased . :hmm:
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

PrincessOfPeace

The Duchess of Cambridge is in her Rebecca Taylor suit. The designer is originally from Wellington #RoyalVisitNZ

Twitter / britishroyals: The Duchess of Cambridge is ...

Lothwen

Quote from: Lady Adams on April 15, 2014, 10:54:26 PM
Kate has worn another New Zealand designer (another repeat). Such a shame that the two NZ designers have been repeats. This could have been a great opportunity to feature an up-and-comer.

And she never worn the earrings that the designers said she had purchased . :hmm:

I agree.
You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

PrincessOfPeace

Harper's BAZAAR ‏@BAZAARAustralia 19 mins

Matches is selling a white version of the Duchess of Cambridge's dress on arrival in Sydney here: Ryedale wool-crepe dress | Roksanda Ilincic | MATCHESFASHION.COM  Get in quick!

Lothwen

The yellow looks better.  The white version almost looks unfinished.
Harryite 12-005

PrincessOfPeace

QuoteAs the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and baby Prince George touched down in Sydney today all eyes were drawn to Kate's fantastically bright yellow dress.

Paying homage to the sunshine that Australia is known for and the country's flag, Kate looked the picture of sophistication in a yellow gold Roksanda Ilincic dress.

The Ryedale wool-crepe dress, part of the London-based Serbian fashion designer's spring/summer 2014 collection, featured a splash of white on the left side, which was fully revealed by a gust of wind as Kate stepped off the Air Force jet.
More: The Duchess of Cambridge makes a colourful arrival in Australia in bright yellow gold Roksanda Ilincic dress | Mail Online

Princessinwaiting

Quote from: Lothwen on April 16, 2014, 04:28:45 AM
Quote from: Lady Adams on April 15, 2014, 10:54:26 PM

I agree.
I hate that  yellow it's so ...neon like it's irritating to look at lol .

When I started this thread I expected a new outfit everyday but she's re wearing faster than you can say the Queen's out of money lol
It would make so much sense to be thrifty while she's back home but repeating while on a tour ...something is terribly wrong  :shemademe:

Limabeany

'It's always quite the collaboration!' Jenny Packham opens up about dressing the Duchess of Cambridge | Mail Online

It's a label she has turned to on many of her most important occasions and, as a result, the Duchess of Cambridge has rocketed Jenny Packham to fashion fame.

Speaking about the dazzling black evening dress with fern embellishment that Kate wore last week at a lavish State Reception in New Zealand, a nonchalant Packham told WWD: 'Sometimes when we dress celebrities, there are always loads of Twitters and things like that when I wake up, I think, "Oh right, she wore it."

When the fashion site asked if she worked directly with Kate, the designer said: 'Absolutely. It's always quite a collaboration,' adding that she 'kind of always knows where it's going to be worn.'
Jenny, who describes Kate's style as 'great' and 'very British', also dressed Kate Winslet for the London premiere of Divergent two weeks ago.

"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

Limabeany

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on April 16, 2014, 05:49:42 AM
QuotePaying homage to the sunshine that Australia is known for and the country's flag, Kate looked the picture of sophistication in a yellow gold Roksanda Ilincic dress.
More: The Duchess of Cambridge makes a colourful arrival in Australia in bright yellow gold Roksanda Ilincic dress | Mail Online

"Paying homage to the sunshine"??? :crazylaugh:
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

georgiana996

There is very little coverage of this tour in the states like if I didn't log on here I wouldn't hear about them , imo that's bad  :computer: but then again USA isn't part of the charade . :D
Surround yourself with people who are going to lift you higher.

Limabeany

It's just too mind-numbingly boring, the royal reporters are writing articles that make them sound like ridiculous nitwits instead of journalists... How old are these people? Nothing but Kate's hair, clothes, she smiled, she loves people, people loved her! Prince George came, Prince George did not come... Rinse and repeat... 
:chores: :laundry: :chores: :laundry: :chores: :laundry:

Lady Adams

So now Kate tells the crowd William thinks she looks like a banana?

Does she honestly think this makes him look good?

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

cinrit

It was just a joke, and she kinda does look like a banana in that dress. :P  By the way, I posted the article about the banana comment, but I can't remember where ... I think I put it in the Australia thread.  It should've been posted here. :pullhair:

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

Pamela

I think the "you look like a banana" was said in jest and Kate repeated it in humor.  :banana:

I like the vibrancy and the sleek cut of the yellow dress, although the color may look different in person than in photos. While some are tired of the nude pumps, they work well with this dress. It's bright color blocking eliminates any need for additional color, and white would be a little too "matchy-matchy" IMO.   :flower:

PrincessOfPeace

Kate Middleton Can't Help But Brighten Everyone's Day

QuoteAn appearance from Kate Middleton is bound to put a smile on locals' faces, but the duchess's arrival to Sydney was a particularly cheery one. That's because Kate radiated sunshine in a bright yellow Roksanda Ilincic dress. Though she's not one to shy from color, this hue was a particularly standout one.
More: Kate Middleton Outfits on Australia and New Zealand Tour

TLLK

Quote from: georgiana996 on April 16, 2014, 12:36:16 PM
There is very little coverage of this tour in the states like if I didn't log on here I wouldn't hear about them , imo that's bad  :computer: but then again USA isn't part of the charade . :D
People magazine had them on the cover and I've seen a little coverage on the morning shows, but they don't make the front page.

cinrit

^^ Yes, and they've been reported on, on a couple of the entertainment shows, but not in a lot of detail. 

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

PrincessOfPeace

QuoteIn a fitting final touch, the Duchess of Cambridge farewelled New Zealand wearing a suit by one of our international fashion success stories.

The navy tweed skirt suit with frayed trims and floral embellishment at the neck is by the designer Rebecca Taylor, born in Wellington and now based in New York.

The designer, who studied fashion design at Wellington Polytechnic (now Massey University), described seeing the Duchess wear her designs in her hometown as overwhelming.

"I am beyond flattered and excited that the Duchess has worn my suit in my hometown," Taylor told Viva.

"Seeing the image of her about to board the plane reminded me of the time my family and I awaited the arrival of Princess Diana at the same airport years ago. That moment is still really special to me, so now seeing Catherine wear one of my designs in Wellington brings it full circle for me and it's quite overwhelming."
More: Rebecca Taylor on dressing the Duchess of Cambridge - Viva Magazine - NZ Herald News

Double post auto-merged: April 17, 2014, 03:14:54 AM

Royals in Sydney: DVF dress worn by Kate Middleton in Blue Mountains sells out in minutes

QuoteTHE Kate effect has struck again, with the Diane Von Furstenberg wrap dress the Duchess of Cambridge wore on her visit to the Blue Mountains today selling out on the US label's site within minutes of her appearance.
More: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/royals-in-sydney-dvf-dress-worn-by-kate-middleton-in-blue-mountains-sells-out-in-minutes/story-fni0cx12-1226887802883

Lady Adams

I really miss Kate's chocolate brown hair & styles from the Canada tour. Her hair has never looked better.

I hope she someday stops getting her hair done by the same woman that does her husband's and forgives James Pryce and goes back to him.

FanDianaFancy

Hair  styles (lots of swept  back , but  hanging), length,  no dress fly ups,...I think this is her best  all pulled together look ever  for such a length of time.

Lothwen

I like the wrap dress, but Kate's attempts to keep it from blowing apart in the wind have caused her to have some really awkward hand placements.

Also, I think her hair would look really chic in a low side ponytail.  I really wish she would do more with her hair.
Harryite 12-005

PrincessOfPeace

QuoteYou've got to be quick if you want to dress like the Duchess.

'The Kate Effect' is in full force after the Duchess of Cambridge stepped out in a Diane Von Furstenberg wrap dress for the second day of the royal couple's visit to Australia.

Kate wore a £292 new season blue and white patterned wrap dress from the high-end designer to visit the Blue Mountains town of Winnmalee, just outside of Sydney.

It might have been the more reasonable price of the dress compared to some of her other outfits that saw the £292 Diane Von Furstenberg frock sell out in all sizes except 12 in eight minutes, with the remainder being snapped up not long after.

Soon after even the size 12 had disappeared from websites, Diane Von Furstenberg.com informing users the dress 'is no longer available on our website'.
More: Kate's bold patterned dress for day two of Australian tour sells out online in just EIGHT MINUTES | Mail Online