Prince Harry and Meghan Markle relationship

Started by stepperry, November 02, 2016, 08:10:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vesper

I'll tell you what a waste of time is: that is telling people what they should or should not post. Stop with the grand declaration and just don't respond or do that's what we're here for.

Kinkade

Quote from: Vesper on December 10, 2016, 12:28:29 PM

I'll leave you with this: it's the DM and they are usually full of crap, but this is hilariously accurate.

Does she love me for myself? As cynics doubt Meghan's motives, how besotted Prince Harry might seek advice from our 'agony aunt' JAN MOIR, who interprets her social media posts and photos of them
By Jan Moir for the Daily Mail
19:02 EST 09 Dec 2016, updated 21:07 EST 09 Dec 2016
Does she love me for myself? As spiteful cynics doubt Meghan's motives, how besotted Prince Harry might seek advice from our 'agony aunt' JAN MOIR  |

:lol: :lol: :lol:OMG :lol: :lol: :lol: This IS hilariously accurate. I keep laughing at the (Almost A ) Princess Diaries comment...

And if anybody else thinks she "needs" social media to promote her work... take note, She hasn't really posted anything to promote SUITS in the past weeks. And Suits is going to start again soon, (yes, I watch that show so I follow Gabriel Macht and Patrick Adams). Meghan isn't promoting the show nor her "work", just only herself.  :cloud9:(look at me, look at me...  :no: :wacko:)

Yale

Quote from: Cat00 on December 10, 2016, 11:33:40 PM
Quote from: Yale on December 10, 2016, 08:02:49 PM
I just skimmed over some of the last few posts.

I'm going to say this again.....

Prince Harry is going to do what he wants to do regardless of what any of you have to say; regardless of anybody thinks in Britain or anywhere else.

If marries Meghan, there is not one thing any of you can say or do to stop him.  So, that so called article in a few posts up is a waste of time.

Me too. Since unfortunately in this Forum there is no way to block some members, I simply don't read their posts anymore, I ignore  :teehee:

As I do...

Kate

Quote from: sandy on December 09, 2016, 02:50:26 PM
Since the Queen  knew about Camilla, I find it amazing that she sat back and watched Diana and Charles get married--it was a disaster in the making. The other couples did not have this complication.

Since none of us were there to witness just how much Her Majesty tried to side with Diana through this marriage and support her, I do recall a photo and headline, the photo showing the Mr. and Mrs. Parker Bowles sitting along side of Her Majesty, after being invited into the royal box at the races. This was mid problems in the marriage and I believe Diana had done something publicly to warrant this snub. However, I think the Queen should have always been advising and supporting Diana. Had she tried to direct Diana over the years of marriage, perhaps Diana would have been thinking more clearly and not have become so public in her personal life! 
[gmod] Quote fixed :flower:[/gmod]

SophieChloe

[gmod]If some Members wish to Ignore other members - then, please just DO IT and stop making a big deal of it here on the board. That is not in the spirit of this Forum :thumbsdown:. Any more of these unnecessarily cruel posts WILL be removed. Thanks. SC. [/gmod]
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

sandy

Quote from: Kate on December 11, 2016, 01:48:50 PM
Quote from: sandy on December 09, 2016, 02:50:26 PM
Since the Queen  knew about Camilla, I find it amazing that she sat back and watched Diana and Charles get married--it was a disaster in the making. The other couples did not have this complication.

Since none of us were there to witness just how much Her Majesty tried to side with Diana through this marriage and support her, I do recall a photo and headline, the photo showing the Mr. and Mrs. Parker Bowles sitting along side of Her Majesty, after being invited into the royal box at the races. This was mid problems in the marriage and I believe Diana had done something publicly to warrant this snub. However, I think the Queen should have always been advising and supporting Diana. Had she tried to direct Diana over the years of marriage, perhaps Diana would have been thinking more clearly and not have become so public in her personal life! 

Quote fixed  :flower:

I think The Queen's first loyalty was always to her son. And the Queen Mum blamed the women in Charles' life, not Charles. Before Diana, the Queen just ignored or try to ignore Charles becoming involved with his friends' wives.  I do think the Queen should have seen this as a disaster in the making. She knew what was going on with Charles. I do think the royals sat with the PBs to try to keep up appearances and dispel the stories in the Morton book (though Morton never referred to Camilla as Charles' lover or mistress, just confidante or friend). IT was not IMO to "punish" Diana who at the time denied her role in the Morton book.  I don't think DIana "warranted" the snub. She was Charles wife and the Queen's misplaced loyalty was to the mistress. A real pity. Diana's personal life became "public" when Charles friends leaked nasty stories about Diana to the media, and this before the Morton book. The Queen should have put a stop to that right away. NO matter what the QUeen did or said, the blame was with Charles and she should have dealt with his issues before he even thought of getting married.

I hope William and Harry never have this situation in their lives.

Trudie

I have to agree with everything Sandy said. The Queen was informed of her son and heir sleeping with the wife of a brother officer and to be perfectly honest as Head of the Armed Forces and his Sovereign she should have put a stop to it but didn't. As much as I despise James Hewett he was pushed under the bus tarred and feathered because he slept with the wife of a brother officer.

Harry has no such baggage yet Meghan because she is divorced, a working actress and biracial is considered not suitable for Harry when she has done nothing to harm the Monarchy unlike Charles and his current wife. Well I hate to say this but the bar was lowered to the floor when the Queen allowed Charles and Camilla to marry so who is anyone to hate on Harry for this relationship or Meghan that may or may not end in marriage.

Eri

^ The man doesn't have 27 million LOL ... anyways ... in a place like Toronto where REAL celebs like Justin Timberlake manage to stay under the radar while filming a movie and is known as a hiding place for REAL celebs looking for privacy I wonder how the mean papas manage to photograph poor Megan DAILY  :coy: ...

Trudie

^ Meghan was under the radar until Harry confirmed she was his girlfriend just as Autumn Kelly was Until it was revealed she was Peter Philips girlfriend. Sorry but once the paps get wind of a potential royal romance the media stalks unlike celebs. They are hoping to catch the royal to sell the papers.

Eri

^ You gotta wonder though ... are those paps local or are publications like The Daily Fail and Just Jared transferring their paps to Toronto to stalk poor snowflake 24/7? Cressida was never photographed and she lived in London ... and they knew she was dating Harry ... so that sounds like an excuse to me ... what papers is she selling going out of Yoga class? I can understand a so awaited picture of the two in the same Continent ... but no paper is selling anything with pictures of this zlist going out of Yoga class ...

michelle0187

^^^ hollywood directors film in Canada because it's a lot cheaper than shooting a film or tv show lIke somewhere in LA and new york . An a list actor can persuade directors to film in the U.S. Not a c list one.

The paparazzi are freezing their bums off in Toronto  looking for accessories that indicates , how much in love they are and it's sad. And she is making all of harry's exes look more saint like and the complete opposite of desperate.

Eri

^ Annnnnnnnnnnd ... she managed to take Harry of the "magnificent"  group ... it's the "magnificent 6" now Liz , Phil , Chuck , Cam , Will , Kate ... Harry is out ... wonder if Chuck's people were sending Prince Dim a message with that headline ... they are famous for it ... Harry is gonna regret not thinking with his right head a couple of Months from now ... his position in the Royal Family and his popularity are gone and I don't think he can get them back especially since his choice of "girlfriend" is making Kate look GREAT ...

Kate

^
Prince Harry is certainly on a tightrope , presently, but I don't think he has lost his popularity YET.. Depends what happens in the next few weeks, especially with the holidays around the corner. I hope that her using the media to promote herself  (and who else would it be?) Harry sees the bigger picture..

[gmod]No need to to quote the post directly above your own. Please use "^". Cheers. SCxx [/gmod]

sandy

Quote from: Eri on December 12, 2016, 01:21:06 PM
^ Annnnnnnnnnnd ... she managed to take Harry of the "magnificent"  group ... it's the "magnificent 6" now Liz , Phil , Chuck , Cam , Will , Kate ... Harry is out ... wonder if Chuck's people were sending Prince Dim a message with that headline ... they are famous for it ... Harry is gonna regret not thinking with his right head a couple of Months from now ... his position in the Royal Family and his popularity are gone and I don't think he can get them back especially since his choice of "girlfriend" is making Kate look GREAT ...

I don't think Harry has lost popularity at all. Why is he going to regret anything? His position in the royal family is here to stay. I don't get the trashing of Meghan.  Harry moved on from Cressida ages ago so she did not "steal" him away. Maybe they care about each other.

Double post auto-merged: December 12, 2016, 02:36:48 PM

Quote from: Eri on December 12, 2016, 12:52:33 PM
^ You gotta wonder though ... are those paps local or are publications like The Daily Fail and Just Jared transferring their paps to Toronto to stalk poor snowflake 24/7? Cressida was never photographed and she lived in London ... and they knew she was dating Harry ... so that sounds like an excuse to me ... what papers is she selling going out of Yoga class? I can understand a so awaited picture of the two in the same Continent ... but no paper is selling anything with pictures of this zlist going out of Yoga class ...

Cressida was photographed all the time and she posed for the cameras too.  Why is Meghan "z list" in your thoughts? If there were nothing to it, Harry would not have made it public that she is his girlfriend.

royalanthropologist

Hi guys. I have just registered on this forum although I have been a lurker for years. One of the things that has really piqued my interest is the idea of a "suitable bride". I would have thought that after the Charles-Diana debacle, few people would ever put pressure on a royal to marry someone or not to marry someone??
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

michelle0187

Mm has exposed a side of harry that no one especially his fans, expected to see. The disastrous letter almost completely  damaged the tour. His actions at the end of it, gave people the impression that not only did he or kp lied to reporters but wasted tax payers money to run off the toronto for like a day and a half. He laughed when someone at the engagement, where his rpos were asked how was toronto. He's still popular but its for things unworthy of respect. Can't believe anyone thought he was the type to marry soon. He's a commitment phobe

Kate

Quote from: Kinkade on December 11, 2016, 03:00:07 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol:OMG :lol: :lol: :lol: This IS hilariously accurate. I keep laughing at the (Almost A ) Princess Diaries comment...
And if anybody else thinks she "needs" social media to promote her work... take note, She hasn't really posted anything to promote SUITS in the past weeks. And Suits is going to start again soon, (yes, I watch that show so I follow Gabriel Macht and Patrick Adams). Meghan isn't promoting the show nor her "work", just only herself.  :cloud9:(look at me, look at me...  :no: :wacko:)

If I thought Prince Harry was going to take this path in his love life, there are so many lovely English, Irish, Welsh Scottish and true Canadian girls, without baggage, I would have been pushing for Pippa, back in the day. Keep it all in the family, so to speak....IMO
[gmod] Quote fixed :flower:[/gmod]

psm

I admit I am one of those fans who thought Harry to be the more rational, dutiful one. I am used to William's tantrums, but Harry, I thought knew better. Turns out they were both the same? I am not fully there, but closer.

Americans who have not been following the royal family love this pairing and regard any criticism of MM as racist. They should have seen the bashing both Chelsy and Cressida received. Compared to the 35 year-old MM, both ladies look better now I have to say.

MM loves attention, having friends at higher places, being famous. She's had the biggest catch of her life, thinks she is in a fairy tale and milking it without realising the consequences. Exploiting BRF relations is a no-no, royalty is not celebrity. PW and PH dislike media and are very private. I think having grown up in England for Chelsy and being British for Cressida, they knew much better.

Oh and she skipped a friend's wedding not to steal the bride's thunder. People who criticize Kate for doing that now say they love Meghan for being so considerate. Okay.

michelle0187

Maybe she didn't want to attend her friend's wedding considering none of her paps were  invited.

Vesper

^You got that right or she was not invited at all. What kind of self important twit would think she would overshadow the bride. And she wonders why people are not bowing to her... I can't believe this woman is 35, Yikes.

sandy

Quote from: psm on December 12, 2016, 03:30:52 PM
I admit I am one of those fans who thought Harry to be the more rational, dutiful one. I am used to William's tantrums, but Harry, I thought knew better. Turns out they were both the same? I am not fully there, but closer.

Americans who have not been following the royal family love this pairing and regard any criticism of MM as racist. They should have seen the bashing both Chelsy and Cressida received. Compared to the 35 year-old MM, both ladies look better now I have to say.

MM loves attention, having friends at higher places, being famous. She's had the biggest catch of her life, thinks she is in a fairy tale and milking it without realising the consequences. Exploiting BRF relations is a no-no, royalty is not celebrity. PW and PH dislike media and are very private. I think having grown up in England for Chelsy and being British for Cressida, they knew much better.

Oh and she skipped a friend's wedding not to steal the bride's thunder. People who criticize Kate for doing that now say they love Meghan for being so considerate. Okay.
I think this may only be rumor. Kate was "excused" from not showing up at weddings so not to eclipse the bride. It is speculation. I think the same can be said for Meghan. There were even odd rumors of Kate not attending Pippa's wedding as to not "eclipse" her.

Double post auto-merged: December 12, 2016, 05:51:34 PM

Quote from: michelle0187 on December 12, 2016, 03:00:12 PM

Mm has exposed a side of harry that no one especially his fans, expected to see. The disastrous letter almost completely  damaged the tour. His actions at the end of it, gave people the impression that not only did he or kp lied to reporters but wasted tax payers money to run off the toronto for like a day and a half. He laughed when someone at the engagement, where his rpos were asked how was toronto. He's still popular but its for things unworthy of respect. Can't believe anyone thought he was the type to marry soon. He's a commitment phobe

I don't think Harry is unpopular now. I think it barely a blip on the radar about the Toronto trip. I don't think people are really that interested in this.  Harry is still young.  I doubt he's like Prince Albert of Monaco who waited until being fifty plus to get married.

Double post auto-merged: December 12, 2016, 05:53:00 PM

Quote from: royalanthropologist on December 12, 2016, 02:40:40 PM
Hi guys. I have just registered on this forum although I have been a lurker for years. One of the things that has really piqued my interest is the idea of a "suitable bride". I would have thought that after the Charles-Diana debacle, few people would ever put pressure on a royal to marry someone or not to marry someone??

Charles IMO put pressure on himself to marry. He was the one who said 30 was a good age to marry and he actually proposed to two other women pre-Diana. He was also said to be serious about Davina Sheffield.  Technically, since there is a line of succession, Charles did not have to get married at all.

[gmod]Quotes fixed :flower: [/gmod]

Cat00

Why would Harry be losing his popularity? Because this time he is dating a woman with content? If he did not lose popularity when he dated those "airhead" girls, why would he lose now? :hehe:
I loved that letter, showed a man in love defending his girlfriend from the jealous and embittered people. :teehee:
Meghan would obfuscate the grooms yes, everyone would stay on top of her, reporters, photographers ... the bride and groom would be forgotten. Now she is Prince Harry's girlfriend. :blowkiss: :blowkiss:

michelle0187

^ How is a woman who has a law degree and another graduated  college,  considered airheads. It's interesting how some fans of meg like to insult those who aren't fans of hers. Then turn around and insult his previous girlfriends. As if ridiculing his exes and call them all sorts of names is fine, just as long as they like meg.

SophieChloe

Quote from: Cat00 on December 12, 2016, 06:41:25 PM

I loved that letter, showed a man in love defending his girlfriend from the jealous and embittered people. :teehee:

I'm interested to know why you call people "jealous" and "embittered"? @Cat00  - are you implying they want to marry Harry?  He is, when all said an done an unemployed man in his thirties.  However, I realise an HRH does strange things to some. 

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me