Will Sarah Ferguson still be a Duchess if she remarries?

Started by Kritter, March 09, 2018, 05:06:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kritter

Sarah Ferguson: Will Prince Andrew?s ex keep Duchess of York title if she remarries? | Life | Life & Style | Express.co.uk

QuoteSarah Ferguson is a British personality, known best for being the ex wife of Prince Andrew, 59, son of the Queen.

The couple married in 1986 and stayed legally married until 1996.

Sarah, also known as ?Fergie?, is the mother to two princesses, Princess Beatrice, 29, and Princess Eugenie, 27.

Known officially as Sarah, Duchess of York, what would her title be if she remarried?

Curryong

No, Sarah would take on the name, rank and title of the man she married. Some women have reverted back though informally after a second divorce, especially if the first husband had an old or famous title. I believe after Winston Churchill's mother divorced her second husband she did that for a while (was Lady Randolph Churchill once again) but then she married for a third time.

Anyway, Sarah won't marry again IMO. She hangs like a drowning man to driftwood to the styling Duchess of York, for all sorts of reasons.

A bit like Caroline of Monaco will never divorce Ernst of Hanover. That HRH of his which she carries as his estranged wife is more precious than a gold mine to her, as in European terms an HRH is a ton more prestigious than the 'Serene Highness' she was born with.

Trudie

Exactly @Curryong  these woman born without or lesser titles cling to them like a life raft to bolster their sense of importance another example is Lady Colin Campbell she had a marriage that lasted mere weeks 40 years ago and milks it for all it is worth.

Duch_Luver_4ever

She will be,because she'll likely remarry Andrew once Phillip and his bionic hip shuffle this mortal coil. Now he doesnt need HMs permission anymore, not that I think shed withhold it if PP was dead, but it could be a benefit for him if she holds fast over it. But I hope he waits because if PP is still alive when it happens, it could blow out his heart, then HMs days are numbered, and I want her to run out as much of the clock as possible.
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

Nightowl

Curryong:

Also Sarah plays the victim all the time, she clings to her daughters as way of trying to make a comeback into the royal family.  I really do not think she will ever remarry for right now, Andrew seems to support her as I think her daughters do, after all going out almost nighty to expensive nightclubs and fancy restaurants who pays for that I wonder.  I think she gets by on lots of perks from friends and family so why spoil a good thing .  I see her as a very manipulative and needy person in life who uses everyone around her for her own benefit.......selfish to the extreme! 

Curryong

I will be interested to see how Sarah acts at Eugenie's wedding in October, with Harry's wedding as a bit of a dress rehearsal, lol. Will she be in full blown 'mother of the bride' mode or maybe restrain it a little in Philip's presence? Also interesting will be the October seating arrangements. Will Sarah be perched among her Ferguson relatives, occupy a spot like Frances Shand Kydd did in 1981, (though Frances had a husband beside her,) or will Andrew defy convention and pop in next to her after his formal duty is done? We are liable to see lots of grinning from her, anyway. She loves her girls and they love her.

As for her character, I don't think Sarah is a long term thinker. I believe she just bounces from crisis to crisis, thinks to herself 'Gosh, I'm in a pickle here' and then immediately reacts. She is extremely lucky that she has generous daughters and an accommodating ex (who helps for several reasons IMO) as well as a circle of friends with deep pockets also.

TLLK

QuoteI will be interested to see how Sarah acts at Eugenie's wedding in October, with Harry's wedding as a bit of a dress rehearsal, lol. Will she be in full blown 'mother of the bride' mode or maybe restrain it a little in Philip's presence? Also interesting will be the October seating arrangements. Will Sarah be perched among her Ferguson relatives, occupy a spot like Frances Shand Kydd did in 1981, (though Frances had a husband beside her,) or will Andrew defy convention and pop in next to her after his formal duty is done? We are liable to see lots of grinning from her, anyway. She loves her girls and they love her.

I think that having Sarah sit with the Ferguson family makes the most sense though I do believe that she's going to be placed up close to the front as she should be. I'm guessing that Jack's family might be seated opposite the Windsor/Ferguson families.

Trudie

Like it or not Sarah will be seated with the RF it will prove interesting though as only HM still has some sort of relationship with her after Andrew and their daughters.

FanDianaFancy

No.
Sarah will not be placed up close to the front or sitting with the Ferguson relatives for her daughters  wedding.

Like if Diana were alive, married or not, she would have been placed next to PCharles .
MOTHER ........FATHER.   Steparents behind PARENTS.
SARAH wins this.
A BRF event she is invited to. PEugs wedding.
Sarah will be seated front and center in the seat where the MOTHER OF THE BRIDE sits.
She is the MOTHER.  Like her or not PP and TPTB, whatever, SHE is the MOTHER  and it is her DAUGHTERS WEDDING.
If she is not, can you imagine the backlash of negative press on QEII.
No, Sarah is the mother and she has been a good mother and this is her daughters wedding. Satprah will be respected as such and hopefully, cross fingers, one would think, this one time, lol, Sarah will act most respectfully.

TLLK

^^^Actually I believe that Sarah and the Fergusons will be placed  with Jack's family much like they did with the Spencers/Middletons on one side of WA and the Windsors on the other. Andrew would be next to his parents with Sarah most likely positioned next to Jack's parents.  :)

FanDianaFancy

Again, protocol  .  How does , will it work?  What  is the protocol?  The  protocol,  and YES, TLLK,  that  divorced Sarah  be  seated elsewhere from the BRF   for she  is  not  part  of the BRF. PAndrew , divorced from her  ,  is  part  of the BRF. He  will be seated with the BRF.
HE  is FATHER  of the bride. He is  not uncle of the bride.  PC and Camilla  have certain places,  WnK  too  according to rank, for BRF things.

This  is the first time in recent times, modern times  you  have a  BRF  needing a  better  seat of position to  see his  daughter be married . For Zara, there no pictures so  where was her  father? Was he there?

Sarah to  be seated with the Brooksbank  parents? No. She is not parent  of  Brooksbank
To se seated with the Fergusons,  no. Aunt Ferguson(Sarahs  sister ),  half siblings Ferguson (from Sarahs  dad), stepmom Ferguson and her husband, can sit  wherever  they  sit.
SARAH IS MOTHER.
She  has  to walk in and out  with  the FATHER  of the bride.
To have SARAH  sat about somewhere, lucky to be there, at HER daughter's wedding,  would  be a  PR  nightmare for QEII. Some of us had this debate  when  W  married K  abut where PD  would have sat. With the  Spencers somewhere?  In the broom closet  ? She  was ONLY  the MOTHER  of the  a  FUTURE KINGofENGLAND.
Sarah,  ugh,  but  is  MOTHER  and  is close to  her girls, her  golden tickets, and  was  a  good  mother to them by all  what has been said. That  is about the only  thing  she  has  not ben slammed  for and done wrong.

FanDianaFancy

Yes Sarah will remain a Duchess if she remarrries because she is going to remarry PAndrew.

I am in a wedding mood.

amabel

She's not going to remarry Andrew...  He does not want to marry her...

HM Queen Cheryl

Who says they aren't already remarried. They already have prior permission from the Queen.

amabel

Quote from: HM Queen Cheryl on May 21, 2018, 11:17:11 AM
Who says they aren't already remarried. They already have prior permission from the Queen.
They are not remarried.  Andrew has long since moved on to other women, Sarah has had other lovers but no one who watns to marry her.

Curryong

It may be that no-one wants to marry Sarah but I think it would take a lot for her to give up her styling as Duchess of York in order to wed someone who would probably be untitled. She likes to cling on to those links to the BRF she still possesses, for commercial and prestige reasons, IMO.

amabel

I think if she married some oene very rich, she would not mind giving up the title of Duchess of York, IMO she junked Andrew because she thoguth that the marriage was not working out and that as an ex princess, she might find another richer husband.  But no one came along and her extravagance and silliness drove away any possible suitors.  And Andrew, while he is still loyal to her, did not want to be with her as a wife any more.. He has been free now for many years to have as many women as he pleases... he's not going to take her back and the RF would not want her within their fold....