Annual Kensington Palace Christmas bash: William, Kate, Harry, Meghan and daddy

Started by wannable, December 14, 2017, 07:39:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wannable

QuoteIt's a right royal knees up! William and Kate leave trendy Notting Hill bar after Kensington Palace hired out ballroom for '75-a-head bring your own booze Christmas bash'
Prince William and the Duchess of Cambridge spotted leaving Notting Hill's Beach Blanket Babylon last night
Exclusive London dinner venue was hired out by Kensington Palace for their annual staff Christmas party
Prince Harry and his fiance Meghan Markle also attended but 'left early', according to a source

Read more: William and Kate leave trendy Notting Hill bar | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Curryong

?75 a head for lunch, and people still had to bring their own drinks?

Kritter

Why is Kate hiding since she should not be drinking alcohol? William looks like he brought his alcohol.

I guess those 24 hour paps were asleep since they missed out on a photo of Harry & Meghan.

Double post auto-merged: December 14, 2017, 09:02:04 PM

Quote from: Curryong on December 14, 2017, 08:27:51 PM
?75 a head for lunch, and people still had to bring their own drinks?

QuoteBut according to a source, party-goers had to bring their own alcohol due as the restaurant had recently had its licence revoked.

Nice choice for a celebration.   :xmas19:

TLLK

QuoteDiners quaffed on three courses starting with a choice of salmon, avocado vignette, and wild mushroom soup before tucking into a choice of five main courses.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5180337/William-Kate-leave-trendy-Notting-Hill-bar.html#ixzz51GYOVAXU

What on earth is an avocado vignette?
Quotevi?gnette
vinˈyet/
noun
noun: vignette; plural noun: vignettes

a brief evocative description, account, or episode.
    a small illustration or portrait photograph that fades into its background without a definite border
:hehe: :lol: Oh DM editors please proofread before approving the copy.

LouisFerdinand

The title of the thread mentions William, Kate, Harry, Meghan and daddy. Who is daddy?

Kritter

^ I think they were referring to Charles but no photos of him either.

wannable

Kritter

Yes since only W&K were photographed they were probably the only ones there & with Kate hiding the way they did in their clubbing days. Plus the royals do not generally spend that much on employees so it could have just been W&K on a night out.

Eri

Beautiful dress ... I can't believe this Day has come but let me say it ... Kate has better hair than Megan and it's even better since she cut the length a while ago ... it shouldn't be difficult for her to be the Di of the situation since she looks 100 times better that Megan especially when she tries ...

Kritter

Eri

^ No it has everything to do with Kate being more attractive ... with the end of her pregnancy Kate will be free to up he fashion game and she has more money to do it ... poor Megan ... the wake up call will be brutal ...

Kritter

Eri

Personally I think without the heavy make up and weird faces and with some help from a good stylist Kate won't have to worry about Megan ... pretty or not it will always all be about Kate anyways ... she just needs to up her game in the work department and by September very few will remember Megan ... Kate will still be the future Queen Consort ...

sandy

Quote from: Eri on December 16, 2017, 12:55:34 PM
Beautiful dress ... I can't believe this Day has come but let me say it ... Kate has better hair than Megan and it's even better since she cut the length a while ago ... it shouldn't be difficult for her to be the Di of the situation since she looks 100 times better that Megan especially when she tries ...

Kate's and Meghan's hair is about the same to me, though Meghan's is longer. I think both need good hair trims. Both are individuals and I think it unfortunate that this "rivalry" is set up down to their hair.  They are two different women. Two different people.

Double post auto-merged: December 17, 2017, 02:52:53 PM

Quote from: Eri on December 16, 2017, 01:07:41 PM
^ No it has everything to do with Kate being more attractive ... with the end of her pregnancy Kate will be free to up he fashion game and she has more money to do it ... poor Megan ... the wake up call will be brutal ...

Yes, the same Kate who took a long time to learn to weigh her skirt and she had those unfortunate wardrobe malfunctions captured on film. Kate IMO is no fashion icon though she dresses fine. They are two different people. I think Meghan is a very attractive woman.

Eri

I think it's unfortunate that just as Kate takes some risks fashion wise she always becomes pregnant ... she is forced into boring coats as a result ... I think the having babies is out of the way so we should see interesting developments on that front ... Kate is very pretty she just needs to stop being so save all the time with fear to be criticized ...

TLLK

^^^We know that Kate is reusing some of the outfits that she wore when pregnant with Charlotte as this pregnancy follows a similar timeline. Post-partum, I think she'll have something forgiving, attractive, but nothing that says "fashion risk" for leaving the hospital and Harry/Meghan's wedding.

dianab

Quote from: Eri on December 16, 2017, 12:55:34 PM
imo meghan dresses (exception being when she was at polo and harry's friend wedding) 1000x better than kate... she has never dressed like a old woman which kate often does IMO

Jenee

Quote from: Eri on December 16, 2017, 02:29:52 PM
Personally I think without the heavy make up and weird faces and with some help from a good stylist Kate won't have to worry about Megan ... pretty or not it will always all be about Kate anyways ... she just needs to up her game in the work department and by September very few will remember Megan ... Kate will still be the future Queen Consort ...

Why are you turning it into a competition. I assure you, you care about this far more than either Kate or Meghan does.
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

sandy

Quote from: Eri on December 17, 2017, 03:25:48 PM
I think it's unfortunate that just as Kate takes some risks fashion wise she always becomes pregnant ... she is forced into boring coats as a result ... I think the having babies is out of the way so we should see interesting developments on that front ... Kate is very pretty she just needs to stop being so save all the time with fear to be criticized ...

always becomes pregnant? She only had three pregnancies since 2011. I never saw her take any real risks between pregnancies.

I think Kate will pretty much stay with the same style she always had. Fascinators and all. I doubt she'll branch out much.