Author Topic: Meghan Markle : Her Accomplishments To Date  (Read 1842 times)

Offline Kritter

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    100%
Re: Meghan Markle : Her Accomplishments To Date
« Reply #50 on: December 15, 2017, 10:18:48 AM »
Idris Elba praises Prince Harry's fianc?e Meghan Markle | Daily Mail Online

Idris Elba labelled future Duchess Meghan Markle a 'beacon and role model' ahead of a Buckingham Palace dinner with the Prince of Wales to celebrate the work of The Prince's Trust.

The 45-year-old actor was joined by his girlfriend Sabrina Dhowre, 29, as well as Emeli Sande at the meal on Thursday, where he spoke with Prince Charles.

Asked about whether Meghan would be a positive influence on society, he told PA: 'Meghan Markle, as a person, regardless of her colour, is a role model.

'As a strong woman marrying into our royal family, she's going to be a role model for any woman - black, white. The point is that of course our society is one of mixed heritage and it's nice to see Meghan within the royal family.

'It's great. And of course she's going to be a beacon and of course she's going to be someone that people look towards.'

:thumbsup:    :blowkiss:

The following users thanked this post: Curryong

Online Curryong

• Forum Nobility
  • Activity:
    70%
    • Favorite royal: The Queen and Prince Harry
« Reply #51 on: December 15, 2017, 11:50:37 AM »
What a beautiful thing for Idris to say! I've read that several communities in London, emigres from the African continent especially, are really excited about this wedding. Good to see!  :cloud9:

The following users thanked this post: Kritter

Offline TLLK

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    100%
  • Gal power!!!!!!
« Reply #52 on: December 15, 2017, 09:54:52 PM »
 Yes those were very kind words from him. Does anyone know if Meghan and Idris have ever met previously?  :snowflake:

Offline Kritter

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #53 on: December 17, 2017, 04:16:47 PM »
Meghan Markle?s ?minimum wage? job taught her ?skills for travelling with Prince Harry? | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Paula Sheftel revealed that before her big break, the former Suits star worked serving frozen yoghurt and was ?very popular with customers?.

Ms Sheftel said: ?We trained her to be personable and have great eye contact and be very genuine ? skills she?s going to need travelling the world with Harry.

?Meghan was still at school ? maybe a little older than 13 as the rules are strict in California.

?She earned minimum wage and was very popular with customers.

I think the Queen appreciates a worker that has shown she is a worker from a very young age. She will be what the BRF has been lacking.    :wub:

The following users thanked this post: sandy

Online Curryong

• Forum Nobility
  • Activity:
    70%
    • Favorite royal: The Queen and Prince Harry
« Reply #54 on: December 17, 2017, 05:40:43 PM »
Love frozen yoghurt! She was probably 15 or 16 when she began. It's good to read that Meghan was an enthusiastic and eager worker. A lot of young people here work in Oz work in fast food places at the same age to gain experience of the workplace and it does them a lot of good. Meghan will probably be the only person at KP, apart from staff that has had that kind of work background, and good on her!

Offline TLLK

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    100%
  • Gal power!!!!!!
« Reply #55 on: December 18, 2017, 11:00:53 AM »
Bride-to-be Meghan Markle revealed she was pressured to lie about her age to get better acting jobs ? Royal Central

Unfortunately this is a reality for many actresses. :no:

Comments from royal bride-to-be Meghan Markle shared in 2015 have resurfaced with all the attention the former Suits star is receiving in the wake of her engagement to Prince Harry. In an interview from two years ago, Ms Markle revealed that agents pressured her to lie about her age during auditions for fear she would be instantly rejected by casting directors and producers once she passed 30.

On her own experiences with ageism in Hollywood Ms Markle said: ?I think that as women actors, the industry can assume they have a shelf life. I?m always told, ?Don?t say your age?. I?m 33 and I?m really comfortable with that. I think if anyone has a problem then it?s their problem, not mine.

Prince Harry shows Queen and Prince Philip clips of Meghan Markle?s TV show Suits ? Royal Central

Courtiers have claimed that Prince Harry sat his grandparents down early in summer this year to show them clips from the cable TV show Suits to showcase his soon-to-be fianc?e?s work and to acquaint them with the woman who he is now set to marry next May
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 11:04:11 AM by TLLK »

The following users thanked this post: FanDianaFancy

Offline sandy

• RIF Veteran
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #56 on: December 18, 2017, 06:23:24 PM »
SOme legally change the dates of their birth. Zsa Zsa did many times and Greer Garson was supposed to be a lot younger than the veteran actresses like Joan Crawford but when she died it came out she was closer to Crawford's age than many thought.

Offline wannable

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #57 on: December 18, 2017, 07:19:26 PM »
She caved in, so her PG soap box is propaganda piece. Why didn't she apply the same pressures to Hollywood, as she did to PG Soap, opera...

All her actress work playing the sensual, using her female sex appeals is contrary to PG Soap opera.

Offline Kritter

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #58 on: December 18, 2017, 07:52:46 PM »
WOW A female using sex appeal who would have ever thought of that.    :cheese:

The following users thanked this post: sandy, FanDianaFancy

Offline wannable

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #59 on: December 18, 2017, 07:57:28 PM »
I have no problem with it, its Meghan's 'gender equality', but that was pure and simple propaganda preaching, but not complying to it thoroughly.

That is what happens when you 'open up to much' and you get caught up with your lifetime statements.

Offline Kritter

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #60 on: December 18, 2017, 08:27:18 PM »
People grow, learn & change their opinions. Unless of course they spend a decade waiting on a ring, then not so much.        :nag:

The following users thanked this post: sandy, FanDianaFancy

Offline wannable

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #61 on: December 18, 2017, 08:34:27 PM »
That is why William was not thoroughly in agreement with H&M outburst.   It is not black or white, there is grey...

Opening up with what you like today, may change tomorrow. She's a public figure then and now.  Contradictions she states publicly in her life, will be used by the media, hence there is and will be lots of material to write. 

But, since Harry is down the pecking order, I see no problem whatsoever.  She won't be the POW, Queen Consort, Queen Mother.

Offline Kritter

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #62 on: December 18, 2017, 08:38:43 PM »
What outburst was that? Do you mean William freaking out on the press for doing their job instead of freaking out on Kate for continually showing her body parts to the public?    :tired:

The following users thanked this post: sandy

Offline Kritter

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #63 on: December 30, 2017, 02:50:01 PM »
Meghan Markle volunteered on Skid Row when she was 13 | Daily Mail Online

When actress Meghan Markle was a teenager, she was an avid volunteer at soup kitchens at the impoverished Skid Row in Los Angeles.

In the book 'The Game Changers: Success Secrets from Inspirational Women Changing The Game and Influencing The World,' Prince Harry's fiancee spoke of her life acting, running her website and volunteering at a young age.

'I started working at a soup kitchen in Skid Row of Los Angeles when I was 13 years old, and the first day I felt really scared. I was young, and it was rough and raw down there, and though I was with a great volunteer group, I just felt overwhelmed,' explained the former Suits star, 36.

'I remember one of my mentors (Mrs. Maria Pollia) told me that "life is about putting others' needs above your own fears". That has always stayed with me.'

Online Trudie

• Diana-ites
  • Forum Nobility
  • Activity:
    70%
    • Favorite royal: Diana
« Reply #64 on: December 30, 2017, 10:53:00 PM »
This is why Meghan to the detriment of her detractors will be a great asset to Harry and the BRF. Meghan has worked from a very young age and started volunteering at a young age. With most teenagers it is "All about me" with Meghan it is "What can I do". Meghan as a role model is someone who inspires positivity that yes whether you are black, white or purple you can succeed if you work hard and respect yourself instead of pulling a race card to excuse your lack of ambition.

The following users thanked this post: sandy, Kritter

Offline wannable

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #65 on: December 31, 2017, 12:00:44 AM »
I understand it's a requirement from her school to volunteer.

Offline sandy

• RIF Veteran
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #66 on: December 31, 2017, 12:03:28 AM »
So it meant nothing then wannabe? Is that what you are implying. I think the same charge was made of Kate, but you defended her just the same. Meghan, well that's another story...

Offline wannable

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #67 on: December 31, 2017, 12:18:15 AM »
I did not say that, just pointed out that it is a requirement.

On the contrary, I believe Meghan fans are now saying it's valid, because it is being reported. Before then, no. It is a case of Saturday before Sunday....so now Saturday Kate is validated because Sunday Meghan fans are delighted. Although Saturday Kate followed throughout this requirement to be the equivalent of USA Senior Student President, of her Marlborough school, Senior Prefect.  :wink:
« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 12:23:16 AM by wannable »

Offline sandy

• RIF Veteran
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #68 on: December 31, 2017, 12:35:32 AM »
What is with the Saturday and Sunday. Why not just call them Kate and Meghan.

Do you think there is a remote possibility that some fans like both Kate and Meghan and it is not necessarily a Kate fan trying to throw Meghan under a bus.

Offline wannable

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #69 on: December 31, 2017, 12:42:24 AM »
@sandy you are a long time commentator, no need to explain further, you do know that Kate was scrapped, now no because MM did it for one year age 13,  she followed through yearly to be able to get her Senior Prefecture tenure at Marlborough.

Good for MM,  acquired the experience of serving the poor.

Offline sandy

• RIF Veteran
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #70 on: December 31, 2017, 12:49:52 AM »
Kate was criticized for not working much in the ten years she dated William. This is a fact. OTOH now Meghan is criticized for having a job pre marriage and the job is criticized and she appears to be condemned for being an actress.

The following users thanked this post: Trudie, Kritter

Offline wannable

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #71 on: December 31, 2017, 01:04:38 AM »
I believe a majority are criticizing the fact that her jobs are completely contrary to her stance speech...P&G soap gate.

Online Trudie

• Diana-ites
  • Forum Nobility
  • Activity:
    70%
    • Favorite royal: Diana
« Reply #72 on: December 31, 2017, 01:06:05 AM »
Wannable so what if volunteering was a school requirement. Most young people just do the requirement to graduate and it looks good on their college applications but stop. Meghan has continued to volunteer and enjoys doing it why are you trying to make her out as bad or with ulterior motives if she had never met Harry she would have continued to act and work on her charities so just what is your point?

The following users thanked this post: sandy, Kritter

Offline sandy

• RIF Veteran
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #73 on: December 31, 2017, 01:07:07 AM »
Wannabe, She worked on a TV show how was that "contrary" to a letter she wrote to P and G as a child. You mean she should have not worked because acting is "bad." I don't get it. ANd who is this "majority" Did you run a poll?

Offline wannable

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #74 on: December 31, 2017, 01:08:58 AM »
What other charities and volunteering, the lady doesn't have more than 6 appearances or individual references. People keep on using the same old charity or volunteer date.

Double post auto-merged: December 31, 2017, 01:14:32 AM

Wannabe, She worked on a TV show how was that "contrary" to a letter she wrote to P and G as a child. You mean she should have not worked because acting is "bad." I don't get it. ANd who is this "majority" Did you run a poll?

And she used that child letter as an adult in the United Nations speech , but had no problem later to throw it out the window and accept castings in a bikini, twirling around to land a scantily clad briefcase girl, which is worst than women washing and rinsing dishes.  Same with suits, she was aware the secondary paper of girlfriend to a protagonist is do what He says.  I have a problem with self professed propagandists ...they do not follow what they preach.

The Hollywood people think and do 15 minutes of charity or volunteering with a tv crew is perfectly good enough, which is, a bit from everyone is good in my books, it will land in some media outlet,. They are narcissistic, but hey that's Hollywood.

Don't question me, it's like if you want to convince me she is grander than what is reported. Aggrandizement of her CV won't change my mind.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 01:18:58 AM by wannable »

Royal Insight Forum is not responsible for the content of external sites