Prince Louis General Chat

Started by sara8150, September 04, 2017, 03:36:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Curryong

Yes, yes, welcome TheRoyalist83. Hope you enjoy posting here with us.

wannable

Quote from: TheRoyalist83 on February 27, 2018, 05:13:54 PM
I'm so excited for this! New british royals always bring joy, no matter where you are in the world!

:welcome: @TheRoyalist83 girl or boy or twins?

TheRoyalist83

Quote from: wannable on February 28, 2018, 12:40:09 PM
:welcome: @TheRoyalist83 girl or boy or twins?

I honestly think a girl again for some reason, but twins would be lovely  :D

Duch_Luver_4ever

"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

Kritter

Royal baby: Kate Middleton and Prince William baby due St George's day | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

QuoteThe Duchess of Cambridge is due to have her third child on the feast day of St George on Monday, April 23.

A royal source said: ?There's no certainty with due dates of course but the Duchess is working off a date around St George?s Day and it would be a lovely patriotic coincidence if he or she were born then.

?The one thing that is certain though, if it?s a boy he won?t be called George! Prince George has already taken that one.

?Or if she?s very late, as she was with George?s birth, she could even make it a very special wedding anniversary present to William, as they celebrate seven years of marriage on the 29th April.?

sara8150

Kate Middleton's due date revealed?
Kate Middleton to give birth to third child on St George's Day?

Double post auto-merged: March 05, 2018, 09:00:20 PM

Will Kate give birth on St George's Day? Duchess' third child is set to arrive around 23rd April (and it could mean we FINALLY get a bank holiday)
Will Kate Middleton give birth on St George's Day? | Daily Mail Online

amabel

We don't know.. as they are not likely to give out the due date.....

Curryong

This pregnancy has made Kate bloat up, suffer water retention, swollen ankles etc, and she's had a very noticeable bump from six months onwards. None of that was apparent with George/Charlotte. I have to say I shall be surprised if the baby arrives in late April, but I could be wrong, and frequently am!  :lol:

TLLK

Yes I agree @Curryong. Yes it is her third pregnancy but she looks much larger than usual at this point in her third trimester.

Kritter

Do you know who might have some comparison photos? I will ask around & see if I can find any.

TLLK

Kritter

:thanks:  @TLLK   Maybe she is just retaining more water this time.   :unsure:

Kritter

Metro reports that The Duchess of Cornwall is pregnant with her third child ? Royal Central

QuoteThe online newspaper, Metro UK, reported that the Duchess of Cornwall is pregnant with her third child this morning.

The headline was made in error and was posted on their official Twitter account.

The tweet was soon deleted, but not before it came to the attention of her son, Tom Parker Bowles, who tweeted: ?Dear God. Really??

Users of social media rushed to congratulate Mr Parker Bowles, including comedian Dom Joly who said: ?Congratulations on your impending sibling. Must have been a surprise??

The Duchess of Cornwall has two children, Tom and Laura.

Of course, Metro meant to tweet that the Duchess of Cambridge is due to give birth to her third child next month.

sara8150

Kate Middleton and Prince William's baby may be born on their wedding anniversary!
Kate Middleton and Prince William's baby may be born on wedding anniversary
We have wait and see till her water broke any dates on April

esillett

Hi, I'm trying to source pictures and images of the royal family old and new for a project I'm working on - if you have any which you'd like to contribute please drop me a message! Thanks

sara8150

Duchess of Cambridge Royal birth: Bizarre traditions revealed including who must attend
Duchess of Cambridge Royal birth: Bizarre traditions revealed including who must attend | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Good rules but must informed to HM Queen after baby born and also cant says surname will called prince or princess Cambridge names ?its old wives tales pregnant rules!!?   

Former traditions:
1. Home secretaries attended royal births until the custom was abolished in 1948, ahead of the birth of Prince Charles.

The last time a home secretary attended a royal birth was in 1936 for the birth of Princess Alexandra, the Queen?s cousin.

Home Secretary Sir William Joynson-Hicks attended the Queen?s birth in 1926, and reportedly conveyed the message of her birth to the Lord Mayor of London by special messenger.

2. The Archbishop of Canterbury previously attended royal births.

3. 42 eminent public figures were reportedly present to verify the birth of King James II?s son James Francis Edward in 1688 at St James?s Palace.

Current traditions:
1. The Queen must be the first to be informed of a royal birth.

The news of the birth cannot be announced to the public until the Monarch has been informed.

Prince William reportedly phoned the Queen on an encrypted phone when Prince George and Princess Charlotte were born.

2. Home births were previously the norm:

Queen Elizabeth delivered all four of her children in royal residences. Royal births have however since been modernised, with Diana, Princess of Wales and the Duchess of Cambridge delivering their children in the private Lindo Wing at London?s St Mary?s Hospital.

3. Fathers were not present for the delivery:
Childbirth was considered a female-only event, and male royals were expected to steer clear of the delivery room. Prince Philip reportedly played squash during the birth of Prince Charles. Attitudes have relaxed somewhat in the intervening years.

4. A town crier announces the birth:

A town crier announces a royal birth to crowds and the media waiting outside the hospital. This is a tradition which dates back to the Medieval ages, when town criers were a key source of information for illiterate townspeople.

5. A notice of the birth is posted outside Buckingham Palace:

Buckingham Palace places a framed notification of the birth outside Buckingham Palace, announcing the gender of the baby and the time of the birth.

6. Royal children aren?t given surnames:

Despite receiving at least three first names, royal children do not receive a last name. Prince George is instead called ?George Cambridge?.

7. Midwives are sworn to secrecy:

The Duchess of Cambridge reportedly had at least three midwives present during the birth of Princess Charlotte.

Royal midwives are however not allowed to disclose any information surrounding the births.

Double post auto-merged: March 16, 2018, 04:44:17 PM

Revealed: Why Kate has a bigger bump and curvier figure during her current pregnancy than she did while expecting George and Charlotte (and it's all down to muscle memory)
Why Kate Middleton has a bigger bump in her latest pregnancy | Daily Mail Online
I don?t know their third baby will big baby than George and Charlotte because both born as 8lbs

TLLK

The official website for the British Monarchy now has a page dedicated to the third baby. It will update it as needed.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's third baby | The Royal Family

sara8150

Prince William shares update on royal baby's due date
Prince William shares update on royal baby's due date

Double post auto-merged: March 21, 2018, 03:38:22 PM

Royal baby: Duchess of Cambridge's due date, possible names and all the latest news
Royal baby: Duchess of Cambridge's due date, possible names and all the latest news

TLLK

Kate Middleton's severe morning sickness may be down to two genes | Daily Mail Online

QuoteThe severe morning sickness experienced by Kate Middleton in all three of her pregnancies may be down to two genes, rather than soaring pregnancy hormones, new research suggests.

Hyperemesis gravidarum (HG), which is a leading cause of hospitalisation in pregnancy, is associated with abnormally high variations in the genes GDF15 and IGFBP7, a study found.

Lead author Dr Marlena Fejzo, from The University of California, Los Angeles, who lost a pregnancy due to so-called 'morning, noon and night sickness' in 1999, said: 'It has long been assumed that pregnancy hormones were the likely culprits of extreme nausea and vomiting, but our study found no evidence to support this.'

GDF15 and IGFBP7 play an important role in placenta development and early pregnancy, as well as being linked to the muscle-wasting disease cachexia, which has similar symptoms to severe morning sickness.

Dr Fejzo said: 'It is my hope that one day a medication that affects this pathway will be used to successfully treat and possibly cure hyperemesis gravidarum.'

Severe morning sickness ? known as HG ? can leave women starving - The Washington Post

QuoteMarlena Fejzo, a researcher with the University of Southern California and UCLA, had HG so severe that it led to the loss of the baby, inspiring her to want to learn more about the disease through genetic research.

?There?s something in your body that?s coding to do something wrong,? Fejzo says. ?Looking at genes is an unbiased approach.?

Double post auto-merged: March 22, 2018, 01:56:39 PM

Official announcement that Thurs. 3/22/18 will be her last engagement until after the baby is born.

Richard Palmer on Twitter: "The Duchess of Cambridge is undertaking her last public engagements today before going off on maternity leave, Kensington

Double post auto-merged: March 22, 2018, 01:57:18 PM

QuoteThe Duchess of Cambridge is undertaking her last public engagements today before going off on maternity leave, Kensington Palace says.

sara8150

Expecting a new arrival VERY soon? Railings outside the exclusive Lindo Wing, where Kate is due to give birth to her third child, get a lick of paint before the world's media descends
Railings outside Lindo Wing get spruced up ahead of Kate giving birth  | Daily Mail Online
Hopefully finished work railings before baby born

Double post auto-merged: March 28, 2018, 05:19:45 PM

Duchess Kate and Prince William Have Everything Planned to ?the Tiniest Detail? for Baby No. 3?s Arrival
Duchess Kate and Prince William Prep for Royal Baby No. 3

sara8150

Is Kate expecting a boy? The baby clues behind the royal bumps... and how Sophie Wessex proved one theory
The tantalising baby clues behind Kate and Zara's Royal bumps | Daily Mail Online

Curryong

I think it's a boy. Just a feeling though. There are so many old wives tales/customs; the way a woman is carrying being just one of them. I want a boy because, although George will be a bit old to be a companion to this baby as a child, it will be good for him to have a brother. He has a sister and is surrounded by girl second cousins. (I wouldn't be at all surprised actually at Zara having another girl.)

sandy

A few weeks ago the DM said she had all the signs of carrying a girl. I want another girl for the Cambridges instead of Charlotte being surrounded by brothers. Zara could have the boy and Kate the girl.

TLLK

Quote from: Curryong on April 03, 2018, 03:50:45 AM
I think it's a boy. Just a feeling though. There are so many old wives tales/customs; the way a woman is carrying being just one of them. I want a boy because, although George will be a bit old to be a companion to this baby as a child, it will be good for him to have a brother. He has a sister and is surrounded by girl second cousins. (I wouldn't be at all surprised actually at Zara having another girl.)
I have the same feeling @Curryong that this will be a boy. I also agree it would be nice for George to have another boy to play with considering that most of QEII's great-grandchildren have been girls.

sandy

I think that Charlotte should have a sister. George can play with Zara's kid and maybe she'll have the boy. I am rooting for a girl. Anne grew up with all brothers, Charlotte should have a sister.