Spanish Monarchy Current Events

Started by Jennifer, February 18, 2017, 01:34:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jennifer

A thread to discuss the Current Events of TM the King and Queen of Spain and other family members.

Quote17-02-2017 Spain Queen Letizia and King Felipe during the opening of the exhibition ''Master works of Budapest of the Renaissance to the Vanguards'' with President Janos Ader and Mrs. Anita Herczegh at the Thyssen-Bornenisza museum in Madrid.

PPE Agency

PPE Agency

Quote15-02-2017 Spain Queen Letizia during an audience with representatives of the Vianorte-Laguna foundation, which helps people with alzheimer, at Zarzuela palace in Madrid

PPE Agency

Quote13-02-2017 Spain Queen Letizia and King Felipe during the research project 'El Valor Economico del Espanol' of the Telefonica Foundation in Madrid.

PPE Agency
"You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination". ~ Ralph Marston

TLLK

Visita de Macri y Juliana Awada a España: Todas las imágenes de la cena de gala de los Reyes, Macri y Juliana Awada. Fotogalerías de Casas Reales

Photo from the state dinner between Spain and Argentina. Letizia is wearing one of the largest of the family tiaras tonight for the first time.

Double post auto-merged: February 23, 2017, 01:12:50 AM

Official Dinner Of Spanish Royals And President Mauricio Macri And Wife - Pictures

Curryong

I have to say I'm none too sure about this tiara. It's more a tower than a tiara, really.  :P Letizia looked serious and dignified and I didn't even mind the black dress although I love colour. However, Leti's head is quite narrow and I just think another daintier tiara might have been better. Cam can rock the big tiaras, Queen Sylvia too. Perhaps it's their thick hair? Leti's  hair is quite fine and her hairdos often hug her scalp. Incidentally, why is she wearing a very thick blue sash of a particular Order while her husband confined himself to the Collar and chain?  It looks odd to me as I'm so used to the ways of the BRF. Where, where is Felipe's sash!  :D

TLLK

I have to agree that the tiara does seem to large for her smaller frame and face. Having her hair pulled off her face and wearing a very slim fitting gown does put the look out of proportion. IMO Silvia is the master of wearing the larger tiaras with a fuller ball gown to provide some balance.

Jennifer

I agree that the tiara Queen Letizia wore at the Official Dinner for the Argentine President Mauricio Macri and his wife, Juliana Awada was not the best size for her body frame. The Spanish Floral tiara  in this picture for the Official Finner for the Peruvian President Ollanta Humala Tasso and his wife, Nadine Heredia fits her better:

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Queen+Letizia+Spain+Spanish+Royals+Host+Dinner+wy4U-E1Wvm7x.jpg

QuoteQueen Letizia of Spain attends the closing of the 'Women and Disability. We Crossed Borders' International Congress at the Lienzo Norte Exhibition and Congress Center on March 1, 2017 in Avila, Spain.

Queen Letizia Of Spain Attends An International Congress in Avila - Pictures

QuoteQueen Letizia of Spain arrives to the BBVA Foundation on February 28, 2017 in Madrid, Spain.

Queen Letizia Of Spain Arrives to the BBVA Foundation - Pictures

QuoteArgentina's President Mauricio Macri  and wife Juliana Awada offer a reception in honour of King Felipe of Spain and Queen Letizia of Spain  at El Pardo Palace on February 23, 2017 in Madrid, Spain.

Argentina's President and His Wife Host a Reception for Spanish Royals - Pictures

QuoteKing Felipe VI of Spain, Queen Letizia of Spain, Argentina's President Mauricio Macri  and wife Juliana Awada attend the opening of ARCO 2017 (Contemporary Art Fair) at Ifema on February 23, 2017 in Madrid, Spain.

Spanish Royals and President Mauricio Macri Attend ARCO Opening - Pictures

"You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination". ~ Ralph Marston

Jennifer

I admire the great work the Spanish royals always do for others. King Felipe, Queen Letizia & Queen Sofia are diplomatic, classy & phenomenal people. They deserve to win Noble Prizes! I vote for all three of them.  :wink:

Quote13-03-2017 Madrid King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia attends to the act of imposition of the great cross of the civil order of Alfonso X el Sabio to D. Francisco Luzon Lopez at Reina Sofia Museum in Madrid.

PPE Agency

08-03-2017 Spain Queen Letizia during the memorial concert for the victims of terrorism at the national auditorium of music in Madrid.

PPE Agency

Quote07-03-2017 Spain Queen Letizia arrive for a meeting with members of the international development cooperation, AECID, in Madrid.

PPE Agency

Jennifer

QuoteKing Felipe VI of Spain and Queen Letizia of Spain attend the Armed Forces Day on May 27, 2017 in Guadalajara, Spain.

Spanish Royals Attend Armed Forces Day 2017 - Zimbio

Double post auto-merged: June 07, 2017, 01:14:35 PM

QuoteQueen Letizia of Spain attends the 25th anniversary of National Center of Food Safety and Tecnology (CNTA) on June 6, 2017 in San Adrian, Spain.

Spanish Royals Attend 25th Anniversary of National Center of Food Safety and Technology - Zimbio

QuoteQueen Letizia of Spain attends the Europa Press news agency 60th Anniversary at the Villa Magna hotel on May 30, 2017 in Madrid, Spain.

Spanish Royals Attend 60th Anniversary of Europa Press Agency - Zimbio

QuoteQueen Letizia of Spain attends the 10th Anniversary of 'Microfinanzas BBVA' at the BBVA Bank Foundation on May 29, 2017 in Madrid, Spain.

Queen Letizia O Spain Attends 10th Anniversary Of 'Microfinanzas BBVA' Foundation - Zimbio

TLLK

Twitter

QuoteKing Felipe, Queen Letizia, Princess Leonor and Princess Sofia attend a service for the victims of the Pandemic.

Blue Clover

TLLK

I am very impressed by how poised Leonor and Sofia are at this important event. They've been attending more events over the years and are great representatives IMO.

wannable

Other than the BRF, second to my interest is the Spanish monarchy.

I'm watching an Amazon prime series made in Spain, Isabel, 3 season available.

TLLK

Editorial Photos, Celebrity, News, & Sports Images | Shutterstock Editorial

Spain's royal couple visits the Monastery of Poblet, Vimbod? (Tarragona), Catalonia - 20 Jul 2020
13 images

TLLK

It's a very pretty dress and I like the espadrilles she's wearing too. Flat heels for walking on the old cobblestones.

wannable

Spain's covid19 quarantine was very short, and today news is they apparently have a 2nd hard hit wave.

Despite that, I find the Kind and Queen very active as usual.

Casa de S.M. el Rey (@CasaReal) on Twitter

TLLK

@wannable-Yes I agree that Felipe and Letizia have tried to find the balance between their quarantined Zoom appearances and their current in-person engagements. Sorry to read that Spain is now dealing with a second wave of infections.

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/europe/spain-registers-1-362-more-covid-19-cases/1917958

QuoteThe spread of COVID-19 in post-lockdown Spain continues to increase unabated, with the Ministry of Health registering 1,362 new cases on Tuesday.

In the last week, the country has registered 8,754 new COVID-19 infections -- the highest weekly rate since the Ministry of Health changed its method of reporting cases in mid-May.

The weekly contagion is nearly two times higher than it was just seven days ago, triggering worries of a second wave.

At the same time, the number of hospitalizations in the last week has jumped to 268 -- up from 176 one week ago.

Deaths remain stable, with two more fatalities registered over the last day.

The worst-hit regions of Catalonia and Aragon have taken local measures to stop the virus? spread -- including reducing maximum capacity in public spaces.

Residents of Barcelona and other Catalan municipalities have been ?strongly recommended? to stay home, but are not legally obliged to do so.

Likewise, people in the city of Zaragoza have been asked not to leave town, but it is not a legally enforceable measure.

PrincessOfPeace

King Felipe, Queen Letizia, Princess Leonor and Princess Sofia attended the opening of the 66th edition of the M?rida International Classical Theatre Festival this evening, July 22

072220 Spanish Royals Tour - Extremadura (Merida) - Images | jose gegundez | photographer

Double post auto-merged: July 22, 2020, 09:01:52 PM

Queen Letizia of Spain wears black evening dress and face mask | Daily Mail Online

TLLK

Lovely photos of the photogenic family, but an epic fail when it comes to the DM's research on Los Reyes who married 16 years ago in 2004.

QuoteLetizia married King Felipe ten years ago at Cathedral Santa Mar?a la Real de la Almudena in Madrid
<_<

Do the math DM!!! :notamused:

Spanish royals end their  tour of the nation and return to Madrid.

Pictures and Photos - Getty Images

PrincessOfPeace

Spains king distances himself from his father amid allegations of 100M transfer from ex-Saudi monarch

Spain's king distances himself from his father amid allegations of $100M transfer from ex-Saudi monarch - CNN

PrincessOfPeace

PrincessOfPeace

The King of Spain has spoken of the need for unity and fraternity as his country negotiates life after lockdown. Felipe VI was speaking as took part in a traditional ceremony honouring the patron saint of Spain.

King Felipe and Queen Letizia were in Santiago to mark the Feast of St. James, which falls on July 25th. An offering is always made to the saint on that day on behalf of the country and the royals with a member of the Borbon dynasty often taking part.

Felipe last made the offering himself in 2014, just a month after he ascended the Spanish throne. He returned in 2020 where he and Queen Letizia continued their tour of different parts of Spain to show their support for the economy and society as the country followingn lockdown.

More: King Felipe calls for unity in Spain as he honours ancient tradition ? Royal Central

TLLK

Macrobug67

Quote from: TLLK on July 18, 2020, 05:57:12 AM
I am very impressed by how poised Leonor and Sofia are at this important event. They've been attending more events over the years and are great representatives IMO.

The girls are quite poised but I still am concerned about Leonor.  She will be 15 in a few months and she still appears preadolescent.  Kids develop at their own speed but alarm bells are just starting to ding for me.

Macrobug67

My aunt did the trail several years ago.  She was completely taken with it.  She is Catholic so it had special meaning for her.  I teased her that she did not do the last few km on her knees - she felt that 68 was, perhaps, a little too old for that  :lol:  I read about it years ago for some reason and she was a bit taken back that I knew about it.  It is on my bucket list.