Author Topic: Wedding of Pippa Middleton and James Mathews May 20,2017  (Read 5059 times)

Offline wannable

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    100%
Re: Wedding of Pippa Middleton and James Mathews May 20,2017
« Reply #75 on: December 17, 2017, 12:47:43 AM »
Harry went to the Ceremony and then picked up Meghan to go to the reception.  Why create press hoopla May 2017? It still is and always will be a whirlwind romance tied to a quick engagement.   Even the reporter that interviewed them, insisted on the question, and they both sounded like the first stage of passionate love. Good luck to them of course. 

On another hand, Harry does not need to shove any finger to anyone...that date was Pippa's date, Harry date will be Harry's, all the press attention will be with H&M, or not, on the football.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 12:53:16 AM by wannable »

Offline SophieChloe

• Head Moderator
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    74%
« Reply #76 on: December 17, 2017, 01:20:33 AM »
* I'm not "Creating a press hoopla" What a silly thing to say.

Just because William kept Kate dangling on a string doesn't mean others can't fall in love after a few months.

However, I agree this will be Harry and Meghan's day.  And call me Mystic Meg if you wish, but that day will cast their future as the Power Couple within the RF. 

William and his beyond lazy wife have had their chance and their day. 

Roll on 19th May 2018!  Laters , lazy's  :xmas15:
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

The following users thanked this post: Kritter

Offline wannable

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #77 on: December 17, 2017, 01:28:37 AM »
You are not, but the press would be in hoopla mode with the money shot picture of H&M together, front page news.  They avoided this by doing what they exactly did at Pippa's wedding.

One can't be a 'power' couple, when the powers is in other hands today, tomorrow and the future. Quite odd, as the British people know their history, culture, tradition and the monarchy. 

Offline SophieChloe

• Head Moderator
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    74%
« Reply #78 on: December 17, 2017, 01:30:58 AM »

One can't be a 'power' couple, when the powers is in other hands today, tomorrow and the future. Quite odd, as the British people know their history, culture, tradition and the monarchy. 
Oh yes they can.  Times are a changing. And IMO that is exactly what is going to happen with Harry & Meghan.  Instead of grabbing perks, left, right and centre - like greedy William and Kate do.  Those two have their hearts in it.  It's not all about them.   :xmas19:

« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 01:37:41 AM by SophieChloe »

The following users thanked this post: Trudie, Kritter

Offline wannable

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #79 on: December 17, 2017, 01:37:41 AM »
You read, they wont be handling no power, the power was already in the hands of the POW, and with the transition of responsibilities, he has doubled his power. And the POW will sooner rather than later hand his POW responsibilities to William.  Whatever suppositions you may have, William already has children,  Kate is and always be the Queen Mother of King George.

Hence quite odd, you know your history or wish not to see it?!  :shrug: A moment in time with your 'power couple' is fake, the Brits know this, they didn't exactly get great numbers in a YouGov poll.  Harry before or during Meghan is not taken seriously. Only by 13%.

If it weren't "All about them", they would not have announced that wedding date.  Their egotistical minds with the public purse, zero considerations reflects on a me me me couple.  F the scheduled planning of the FACup. It will be funny if the pathways are full of tourist buses with tourist people, and the football with their UK subjects.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 01:41:46 AM by wannable »

Offline SophieChloe

• Head Moderator
  • Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    74%
« Reply #80 on: December 17, 2017, 01:44:38 AM »
None of them have ANY power.  The powers that be want to keep the gravy train chooing along at all costs and they only have Charles and William to work with (good luck with that).

Harry and his hardworking bride are the future of the Monarchy no matter how many children Kate pops out. 

@wannable - Sorry I don't understand much of your post  :hmm:

The following users thanked this post: Kritter

Offline wannable

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #81 on: December 17, 2017, 01:48:34 AM »
I digress, both have months and months of me free time.  If you really think otherwise, that's your prerogative. Just don't complain when they aren't mentioned in the CC with the work in behalf of.  Its all going to be controlled by Charles DOL, DOC and SG. 

Whatever they do out of that purse, its up to them.

Offline Kritter

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #82 on: December 17, 2017, 05:17:22 AM »
The C&C won't matter because people will judge by what they see.

Just because William kept Kate dangling on a string doesn't mean others can't fall in love after a few months.

William never seemed to be "in love" with Kate. After a year or two people usually have a good idea if they want  to be with someone long term. After three years a person should move on & find someone new.

Offline TLLK

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    100%
  • Gal power!!!!!!
« Reply #83 on: December 17, 2017, 05:27:09 AM »
I digress, both have months and months of me free time.  If you really think otherwise, that's your prerogative. Just don't complain when they aren't mentioned in the CC with the work in behalf of.  Its all going to be controlled by Charles DOL, DOC and SG. 

Whatever they do out of that purse, its up to them.
Apologies for going off topic but,  I really, really hope that people understand that Harry is currently considered a part time royal who since leaving the army does volunteer work with veterans. He's never been a full time royal. He and Meghan might not see a change in status for some time. It's only been a few months since the DoE retired from full time royal duties which coincidentally coincided with the Cambridges becoming full time. We'll just have to wait and see what the near future holds for Harry and Meghan when it comes to their royal duties and the money allotted to the couple so they undertake them. Charles will now have to fund the activities of four full time and two part time royals. Budgets do play a role in the work that the royals do on behalf of the monarch and their charities/patronages.

Offline Kritter

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #84 on: December 17, 2017, 05:37:40 AM »
W&K aren't full time royals either, if they were they would be seen working.

Online Curryong

• Forum Nobility
  • Activity:
    74%
    • Favorite royal: The Queen and Prince Harry
« Reply #85 on: December 17, 2017, 06:18:27 AM »
It's been said that the trio are going to be fulltime as Prince Philip is retired and the Queen slows down.

However, IMO  we will have to see 2019's figures to get a full gauge of the situation with the three of them. Kate's pregnancy HG and William's parttime job skewed the Cambridges figures this year. Kate is around the 100 mark at the moment I would guess (haven't checked) and the brothers are both chugging towards the 200 figure, I think.

It was never going to be full systems go in the months following Prince Philip's retirement IMO as engagements take months to be pencilled in and most of Philip's patronages haven't been distributed to others yet.

As TLLK has pointed out it's Charles's Duchy income that supports the public (and some of the private life) of his sons and one daughter in law at the moment, and this will be increased of course when Meghan joins the firm. So, as I've said, we are likely, barring any deaths, to get a clearer picture of where this is all going in 2019, and as far as Kate is concerned 2020, for a full year without pregnancy, childbirth, if there are no more babies.

Offline Kritter

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #86 on: December 17, 2017, 06:30:06 AM »
^ I read William quit playing with helicopters so he could become a full time royal (can't remember the month, maybe March) but still don't see the full time.

Offline TLLK

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    100%
  • Gal power!!!!!!
« Reply #87 on: December 17, 2017, 09:09:07 AM »
^^^ Unfortunately I fear that you were misinformed @Kritter. William's last day with EAAA was July 27, 2017.

Prince William embarks on final day as a helicopter pilot

The Duke of Cambridge smiled and joked with colleagues as he posed for a group photo ahead of his last shift as an air ambulance pilot.

William announced in January that he would be ending his career with the East Anglian Air Ambulance, and has clocked-up more than two years flying medical crews to emergencies from a base at Cambridge Airport.

Double post auto-merged: December 17, 2017, 09:16:40 AM

It's been said that the trio are going to be fulltime as Prince Philip is retired and the Queen slows down.

However, IMO  we will have to see 2019's figures to get a full gauge of the situation with the three of them. Kate's pregnancy HG and William's parttime job skewed the Cambridges figures this year. Kate is around the 100 mark at the moment I would guess (haven't checked) and the brothers are both chugging towards the 200 figure, I think.

It was never going to be full systems go in the months following Prince Philip's retirement IMO as engagements take months to be pencilled in and most of Philip's patronages haven't been distributed to others yet.

As TLLK has pointed out it's Charles's Duchy income that supports the public (and some of the private life) of his sons and one daughter in law at the moment, and this will be increased of course when Meghan joins the firm. So, as I've said, we are likely, barring any deaths, to get a clearer picture of where this is all going in 2019, and as far as Kate is concerned 2020, for a full year without pregnancy, childbirth, if there are no more babies.
@Curryong-Was there an official announcement regarding Harry's status as a full or part time royal this past autumn? I know that there was one released regarding the Cambridges, but it is possible that I missed the one about Harry.

An update from Kensington Palace about the plans for The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge in 2017 | The Royal Family

Yes budgets and funding appears to be  an area that many people are not aware of when it comes to the working pool of the BRF. The only royals who receive funding from the state to perform their duties are the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh. Charles pays his family and QEII funds the rest.

I recall when Harry left the army that some of his most devoted fans were rather

disappointed that his full time duties did not begin immediately even though it had been stated that he'd continue as a part time

royal and would volunteer to work with veterans.

Anyhow we should probably steer this back to Pippa and James' wedding.  :cloud9:
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 09:19:21 AM by TLLK »

Offline Kritter

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #88 on: December 17, 2017, 09:19:30 AM »
^ How does what I said mean I am misinformed?    :xmas19:

Offline TLLK

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    100%
  • Gal power!!!!!!
« Reply #89 on: December 17, 2017, 09:24:51 AM »
I read William quit playing with helicopters so he could become a full time royal (can't remember the month, maybe March) but still don't see the full time.

The date of when his EAAA service was conculded. :xmas15:

Offline Kritter

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #90 on: December 17, 2017, 09:37:06 AM »
(can't remember the month, maybe March)

Not misinformed just remembered the month wrong as I stated, I couldn't remember. He still is not working as a full time royal & it is December.
 :unsure:

Online Curryong

• Forum Nobility
  • Activity:
    74%
    • Favorite royal: The Queen and Prince Harry
« Reply #91 on: December 17, 2017, 09:41:03 AM »
^^^ No, I don't think there was, TLLK, though in my view it's inevitable that he will be fulltime as Prince Philip's retirement and the Queen's increasing age brings more military patronages to be filled and more engagements to do with the Royal Foundation into play. As I said, I think 2019/20 will bring a clearer picture of the Cambridges/Harry's engagements.

Offline TLLK

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    100%
  • Gal power!!!!!!
« Reply #92 on: December 17, 2017, 10:49:18 AM »
No worries @Kritter. I know that this is still new for you so we're all here to help should you have trouble remembering.  :xmas17:

Double post auto-merged: December 17, 2017, 10:51:39 AM

^^^ No, I don't think there was, TLLK, though in my view it's inevitable that he will be fulltime as Prince Philip's retirement and the Queen's increasing age brings more military patronages to be filled and more engagements to do with the Royal Foundation into play. As I said, I think 2019/20 will bring a clearer picture of the Cambridges/Harry's engagements.
I agree that this upcoming year will see some clarity for all of the Queen's grandchildren who are part of the working group.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 10:51:39 AM by TLLK »

The following users thanked this post: Curryong

Offline Eri

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    0%
    • Favorite royal: Prince Philip Duke of Edinburgh
« Reply #93 on: December 17, 2017, 09:31:30 PM »
^ I don't know about you but I saw more pictures of Kate handling the children than Pippa on Pippa's wedding ... anyways ... the weird thing was that Megan was pictured having a beauty treatment in London she for sure thought she was going to be photographed the next Day ... something weird went on there ... of course that might have been just Megan wanting people to know she was in London ...

Offline Kritter

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #94 on: December 18, 2017, 12:54:35 AM »
Well Pippa finally corralled a man with money. To bad he couldn't also be a good looking man.     :random32:

Offline Eri

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #95 on: December 18, 2017, 04:06:06 PM »
^ Well ... as least he has money ... Harry doesn't have either ... can't wait for that reality to hit Megan ...

Offline Kritter

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #96 on: December 18, 2017, 04:09:58 PM »
^ Then Harry won't need to worry about Meghan marrying him for money.     :hula:

Offline Eri

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #97 on: December 19, 2017, 03:34:11 PM »
^  Since 2011 Pippa has more money than Megan ... that is a fact ... Megan ain't marrying Harry for his looks ... don't be naive ...

Offline Kritter

• Aristocrat
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #98 on: December 19, 2017, 04:34:37 PM »
I wonder how she got that money.    :hmm:  Surely not off of her publishing career.    :devil:   :booknerd:

Offline wannable

• Forum Royalty
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #99 on: December 19, 2017, 09:51:14 PM »
Pippa Middleton between the Penguin deal GBP 400,000 that they paid her in advance, flopped or not as that was the deal, plus her PMX enterprise, which she closed this year, pre marriage was worth GBP 1 Million.

She married a billionaire, according to Forbes James is worth GBP 2.6 Billion, without counting that his parents have placed him as the heir to various properties in Scotland and St. Barts, eldest son.

Royal Insight Forum is not responsible for the content of external sites