Princess Mary Breaks w/Tradition and Steps Out In Racy $1,400 Louboutin Heels

Started by cinrit, September 21, 2014, 12:16:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cinrit

QuoteShe is watched like a hawk by followers desperate to imitate her exceptional style.  And on Friday the normally conservative Princess Mary of Denmark broke with tradition when she stepped out in a pair of racy Louboutin snakeskin heels - costing a princely $1,400 - as she accompanied Crown Prince Frederik on a royal tour of Canada.

Dressed in a stylish A-line skirt, and crisp white shirt, the Tasmania beauty, 42, struck a elegant figure as she stood beside her suited husband listening intensely to a speech hosted in Toronto.

The stylish mother of four, on the final day of the couple's three-day promotional visit, was the epitome of sophistication in the tailored outfit, while her husband was smart in a royal navy suit and shiny shoes.

More: Princess Mary of Denmark steps out in racy snakeskin Louboutin $1,400 heels with Prince Frederik during Canadian royal tour | Daily Mail Online

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

TLLK

This is a very elegant look for Mary though I know she has more than one pair of designer shoes in her closet.

Blue Clover

Limabeany

"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

SophieChloe

Yes, why? Not to my taste...too pointy (pinchy toes - ouch!) and far too high.  I prefer a comfy shoe  :teehee:

I do not know much about her, but, she seems to be quite hardworking, out there and dedicated to the role she has taken on.  Four bambinos to boot! 

I see more of her than our very own Kate.  Sorry, I know OT, but sometimes it hurts stating the obvious.... :hide:  I'm off to the naughty step.  :blush:
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

Limabeany

"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

Macrobug

I was trying on some fancy expensive shoes yesterday.  I have no idea how anyone can walk in those  :eyes:  I looked like a one hour old foal doing the two step. 
I think Mary is doing great in her role. (If I had a death wish, I would go say that on certain forums  :P)
GNU Terry Pratchett

SophieChloe

Quote from: Macrobug on September 21, 2014, 06:43:46 PM
I was trying on some fancy expensive shoes yesterday.  I have no idea how anyone can walk in those  :eyes:  I looked like a one hour old foal doing the two step. 
Bless  :happy15:  I can walk to the car...restaurant...back to the car.  These feet are not made for trotters.   
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

TLLK

Quote from: SophieChloe on September 21, 2014, 04:09:42 PM
Yes, why? Not to my taste...too pointy (pinchy toes - ouch!) and far too high.  I prefer a comfy shoe  :teehee:

I do not know much about her, but, she seems to be quite hardworking, out there and dedicated to the role she has taken on.  Four bambinos to boot! 

I see more of her than our very own Kate.  Sorry, I know OT, but sometimes it hurts stating the obvious.... :hide:  I'm off to the naughty step.  :blush:
:)  Well as Mary is the wife of the heir it isn't surprising that she would be seen accompanying Frederik or venturing out on her own solo engagements. According last years "days worked" article from Ekstrabladet comparing the royal families from the UK, Denmark, Norway and Sweden, Mary tallied a very respectable 90 days of royal work. Camilla led her CP peers with 110 and Sweden's Daniel finished the year at 89. Mette-Marit faced health issues with her neck/back surgery unfortunately at the end of 2013 so her numbers were lower at 47. (Sorry I'd originally put 65 as her number.)

Also I'm happy to see that the royal mothers receive the help that they need with their children especially those who have not started full time schooling yet like Vincent, Josephine and Estelle. Crossing my fingers that the Swedish couple might have another little one in the near future.  :vday4:

TLLK

Quote from: Limabeany on September 21, 2014, 03:21:56 PM
Why are these shoes such a big deal?
I think it's the signature red sole along with the beautiful design.  I've seen them on the feet of most of the under 50 royal ladies at one point or another.

Blue Clover

Quote from: Macrobug on September 21, 2014, 06:43:46 PM

:laugh10: :laugh10: I would have given anything to see that!

Limabeany

Quote from: TLLK on September 22, 2014, 12:36:39 AM
I think it's the signature red sole along with the beautiful design.  I've seen them on the feet of most of the under 50 royal ladies at one point or another.
Exactly! Why is she "breaking from tradition" by wearing them? She wears designer clothes and designer shoes and many royals and women who can afford them wear these shoes so why the fuss about her wearing them?

Curryong

Mary is reputedly the new Imelda Marcos of royals everywhere with regard to the number of designer shoes she owns. :P

TLLK

Quote from: Limabeany on September 22, 2014, 04:04:01 AM
Quote from: TLLK on September 22, 2014, 12:36:39 AM
Exactly! Why is she "breaking from tradition" by wearing them? She wears designer clothes and designer shoes and many royals and women who can afford them wear these shoes so why the fuss about her wearing them?
LOL who knows. DM couldn't find a Letizia fashion story? :shrug: :teehee:

Limabeany

TLLK

:hehe: Dang we could write for the DM Limabeany!!!

Limabeany

TLLK

Thank you!! Creative minds...the DM wouldn't know what to do with us.