Sarah Ferguson's great bond with daughters

Started by Jennifer, January 02, 2017, 09:29:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jennifer

"You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination". ~ Ralph Marston

royalanthropologist

Whatever Sarah is or is not; nobody can say that she does not love her daughters. I just wish she would not embarrass them too much. Someone once said that Sarah is a great girl who just does not know how to be a princess. I think they were right
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

Duch_Luver_4ever

Looking back, its a bit ironic to remember that when she first came on the scene Charles, and I think the RF, wished Diana would be more like Fergie. Fergie's dad, despite being Charles' polo manager, is/was a real piece of work. But Sarah does seem deep down to be nice, I think she just got in over her head, and was playing out of her league.
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

royalanthropologist

Quote from: Duch_Luver_4ever on January 04, 2017, 04:50:38 PM
Looking back, its a bit ironic to remember that when she first came on the scene Charles, and I think the RF, wished Diana would be more like Fergie. Fergie's dad, despite being Charles' polo manager, is/was a real piece of work. But Sarah does seem deep down to be nice, I think she just got in over her head, and was playing out of her league.

Every extended family must have a Sarah and Diana somewhere. Think of good cop, bad cop.  :teehee: I think that comment about Diana being more like Sarah was just designed to erode her confidence further. Sometimes Charles can be a real cad when he wants to be.  :no:
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

Duch_Luver_4ever

Missed this one, yup he sure could be, I remember posting on his board, the mens club he had his stag dinner at voted him "$hit of the year" in 1980 for his treatment of women. :thumbsdown:
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

TLLK

Quote from: royalanthropologist on January 02, 2017, 04:09:47 PM
Whatever Sarah is or is not; nobody can say that she does not love her daughters. I just wish she would not embarrass them too much. Someone once said that Sarah is a great girl who just does not know how to be a princess. I think they were right
Sadly I think Sarah is a great girl who just doesn't know how to be an adult. She seems to have had a good relationship with QEII even after the divorce, but unfortunately she continues to be her own worst enemy.

Jennifer

QuotePrincess Beatrice on how books strengthened her bond with parents Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson

Despite being royal, Princess Beatrice suffered from insecurities as a child due to her dyslexia. The British royal, who is now a royal patron of the children's book award, Oscar's Book Prize, revealed in an interview with The Evening Standard that her parents, Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson helped her overcome the challenges that her learning disorder created. "Reading was really hard work, even trying to get through the pages of some of the simple school reading books," the 28-year-old said. "I could not understand why I was still reading behind my classmates. It was at this point that stories became one of the key things which inspired me."

However her parents, who divorced in 1996, made an effort to get Beatrice excited about books by reading together. Prince William's cousin shared, "I was lucky my mother, with her great imagination, took the time to work on these with me. By the time I read Harry Potter, aged 11, I tore through the pages." Beatrice noted, "Taking the time to read together as a family became a ritual for us and I treasure the memories created whilst poring over the pages of the books my mother would collect for us, many of which I treasure to this day."

Sarah, who has written children's book series, created stories for her daughter when she was young to help her feel close to her father, who spent a lot of time at sea as a royal navy helicopter pilot. Beatrice said, "To help us feel close to him, my mother was inspired to create the Budgie The Little Helicopter series. To this day, these stories make me think back, with the fondest memories, to a time when books would take me into the best adventures."

Read more:
Princess Beatrice on how books strengthened her bond with parents Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson

Double post auto-merged: March 10, 2017, 02:44:45 PM

Quote from: royalanthropologist on January 02, 2017, 04:09:47 PM

I agree that Sarah has always loved her daughters, but I think being in the spotlight as a princess had an unfortunate affect on her. The media was always critical of her whether it was about her weight or how suitable she was a princess.  She just didn't know how to properly handle those pressures and as a result was unable to function as normal adult.
"You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination". ~ Ralph Marston

amabel

Quote from: royalanthropologist on January 04, 2017, 05:48:24 PM
Quote from: Duch_Luver_4ever on January 04, 2017, 04:50:38 PM

Every extended family must have a Sarah and Diana somewhere. Think of good cop, bad cop.  :teehee: I think that comment about Diana being more like Sarah was just designed to erode her confidence further. Sometimes Charles can be a real cad when he wants to be.  :no:
I doubt this. He problaby thoght as the queen and other Royals thougth at the time that Fergie was an asset -that she was bouncy, cheerful and fitted in well, due to her loving horsey things and sports.  Whereas Diana didn't and was gloomy and tearful a lot of the time. In due course it became obvious that Fergie DIDN'T fit in that well, that as well as a horsey side, she had a greedy money loving side.. that she over spent, got angry and gloomy when Andy was away, and that instead of toning her silly side and vulgarity down, she got worse.

FanDianaFancy

Remember the  press back then...Sarah( Fergie )  was a breathe  of fresh  air.
She  loved horses and  polo  and  riding  and hunting.

A  tomboy  ...almost  Camilla  like  really  looking back  now.

amabel

Nothing like Camilla.  She liked horses, yes but she alos liked the urban lifestyle, skiing, sunshine holidays, spending way way too much, and generally being a complete idiot.