Spitting image

Started by Trudie, October 28, 2016, 04:13:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trudie

I thought i would throw this out here but in today's Daily Mail I came across an interesting article. For some reason I cannot link it as my laptop won't allow it but perhaps someone else can. The article is pictures of both Prince Philip and Prince Harry at roughly the same age with and without their beards and to those who question Harry's parentage Well Harry is the spitting image of Philip. There is no doubt about Harry's ancestry especially to those who use rumors and drama to attack his mother. I thought I would see it here but obviously the topic isn't of much interest unless it is being used to attack his mother as putting a question mark over his parental ancestry. I hope someone can link it for me.

My apologies after posting this i went to the General topic thread and it had been hidden there and the thread started by Jennifer. Perhaps these could be merged into the main topics and not hidden. Jennifer again my apologies.

TLLK

Trudie

Yes TLLK they are the paternity questions were raised by those nasty gossips that were the Highgrove set and media bent on destroying the reputation of Diana who admitted to her affair with Hewitt but it didn't start until 86 a good three years after his birth. Now lets see what a few posters who believed this nonsense has to say. Getting popcorn to watch the show

TLLK

Those were ridiculous rumors because quite obviously there were other Spencer family members with reddish hair. Later as Harry matured into an adult it was obvious that his face shape and eyes were very similar to Phillip and Charles. James Hewitt's "flip/flopping" remarks to the press didn't help the situation either even though he was well aware that his physical relationship with Diana started after Harry's birth.

EXCLUSIVE BBC Interview James Hewitt Son Prince Harry Father Dad - YouTube

sandy

I always thought he looked like his grandfather. I'm surprised the press just picked up on such an obvious resemblance. I think Hewitt's flip flopping was a farce, he was supposed to be under (cough cough) hypnosis and he wanted $$$$ so he made up stories. What a low life.

Duch_Luver_4ever

:goodpost: @Trudie  I havent seen the pics, but I've noticed that as they age, the Windsor men's heads tend to get more like Phillip's. Look at Edwards head before 30 and its very rounded, I hadnt seen him much until recently with the Queens birthday docs, and his head is much more oblong/rectangle shaped like Phillip and Charles.

Now Harry and Williams head are also starting to take that shape. Even as big a diana fan as I am, I had to admit when he was younger, he did look very much like James Hewitt, I even remember certain facial expressions Hewitt made on a doc were just like Harry. One could chalk it up to the fact that upper classes are a fairly small gene pool, so theres bound to be some people looking similar.

I never saw the Harry-Hewitt thing as a big deal, I can understand why some ppl would try and use it to attack her, but I dont see it as something bad on her. Especially as time goes on. Mostly people object over it back in the day, as pre Panorama, it was always speculation that she slept with Hewitt, so Harry's similar appearance at a young age, threw unwanted attention to Diana. Also it would skew the timelines with Charles only admitting to sleeping with Camilla in 86, making Diana the so called "first to cheat".

But I've always been of the idea that Charles never got rid of Camilla, so I believe he was with her before she started up with Hewitt. Now its always been known she met him after she had Harry, but Hewitts "hypnotism" interview claimed otherwise, although it hasnt been listed as a credible source.

We know that Charles went into the marriage unwilling, pressured by his family and his folly to have not married earlier and fought for the one he loved. It was essentially a bad faith contract, with poor Diana holding the bag. Not to mention theres rumor that Charles and Camilla have a love child from the 70s living in Australia, so they way I look at it, the both cheated, they both probably massaged their timelines to put themselves in the best possible light, but the critical difference is Diana wanted to have a real marriage and even wanted Charles back.

So I guess the long end to a short story is Harry can finally say he looks like Charles and Phillip, so hopefully the question of his paternity can be put to rest, but at the end of the day to me it doesnt really matter. I tried to send this befor work so  she show has kinda warmed up, lets see what happens when the Camilla-philes chime in LOLZ  :partaay:
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

TLLK

Quote from: sandy on October 29, 2016, 12:44:30 AM
I always thought he looked like his grandfather. I'm surprised the press just picked up on such an obvious resemblance. I think Hewitt's flip flopping was a farce, he was supposed to be under (cough cough) hypnosis and he wanted $$$$ so he made up stories. What a low life.
IMO the press did realize that there was a resemblance between Harry and his Spencer/Windsor relatives, but chose to go with a salacious headline to sell more papers and magazines.

sandy

Quote from: Duch_Luver_4ever on October 29, 2016, 04:59:43 AM
:goodpost: @Trudie  I havent seen the pics, but I've noticed that as they age, the Windsor men's heads tend to get more like Phillip's. Look at Edwards head before 30 and its very rounded, I hadnt seen him much until recently with the Queens birthday docs, and his head is much more oblong/rectangle shaped like Phillip and Charles.

Now Harry and Williams head are also starting to take that shape. Even as big a diana fan as I am, I had to admit when he was younger, he did look very much like James Hewitt, I even remember certain facial expressions Hewitt made on a doc were just like Harry. One could chalk it up to the fact that upper classes are a fairly small gene pool, so theres bound to be some people looking similar.

I never saw the Harry-Hewitt thing as a big deal, I can understand why some ppl would try and use it to attack her, but I dont see it as something bad on her. Especially as time goes on. Mostly people object over it back in the day, as pre Panorama, it was always speculation that she slept with Hewitt, so Harry's similar appearance at a young age, threw unwanted attention to Diana. Also it would skew the timelines with Charles only admitting to sleeping with Camilla in 86, making Diana the so called "first to cheat".

But I've always been of the idea that Charles never got rid of Camilla, so I believe he was with her before she started up with Hewitt. Now its always been known she met him after she had Harry, but Hewitts "hypnotism" interview claimed otherwise, although it hasnt been listed as a credible source.

We know that Charles went into the marriage unwilling, pressured by his family and his folly to have not married earlier and fought for the one he loved. It was essentially a bad faith contract, with poor Diana holding the bag. Not to mention theres rumor that Charles and Camilla have a love child from the 70s living in Australia, so they way I look at it, the both cheated, they both probably massaged their timelines to put themselves in the best possible light, but the critical difference is Diana wanted to have a real marriage and even wanted Charles back.

So I guess the long end to a short story is Harry can finally say he looks like Charles and Phillip, so hopefully the question of his paternity can be put to rest, but at the end of the day to me it doesnt really matter. I tried to send this befor work so  she show has kinda warmed up, lets see what happens when the Camilla-philes chime in LOLZ  :partaay:

I saw Harry make the same facial expressions as his mother and father. Not Hewitt. I never saw any sort of resemblance whatsoever.

Ingrid Seward claimed that Diana was the first to cheat (with Mannakee not Hewitt) but retracted that after the Settelen interviews where Diana flatly denied she had an affair with Mannakee and others have corroborated this.  Some sources claim Charles resumed his affair with Camilla as early as 1983 and also, they always were in touch and met up at hunts and social events.

I never thought there was  any resemblance between Harry and Hewitt.

Eri

I wonder when will Saint Di be held accountable for her misdeeds ... no one made her sleep with Hewitt , create a question mark on her son's paternity on live TV and deflect and blame everyone else but her for Harry's paternity issues is ridiculous ... no one has ever attacked her for things she didn't do only things she did and create serious doubts about her son's paternity she did and some can deflect all Day long with nonsense rumors about her husband but nothing with change that fact ...

TLLK

@Eri-Do you recall what she said during the interview? It's been so long since I've seen it that I just don't remember that part.

Mike

Quote from: Eri on October 29, 2016, 02:39:05 PM
... no one made her sleep with Hewitt
IMO, the couple whose photo you so prominently display refute your claim.
Mark Twain:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it."
and
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please."

Trudie

I wonder when will Saint Di be held accountable for her misdeeds ... no one made her sleep with Hewitt , create a question mark on her son's paternity on live TV and deflect and blame everyone else but her for Harry's paternity issues is ridiculous ... no one has ever attacked her for things she didn't do only things she did and create serious doubts about her son's paternity she did and some can deflect all Day long with nonsense rumors about her husband but nothing with change that fact ...

Didn't take long for this show to start. So what she had an affair with Hewitt 2-3 years after Harry's birth. Diana didn't put the question mark over Harry's paternity but the very friends and media favorites of the Highgrove set. Oh an nothing will change that little fact Eri that Charles and Camilla were more then friends before during and after the marriage. Yum I love Popcorn

sandy

No she didn't. She did not say Harry could be Hewitt's. Diana said prior to the interview that it was 1986 when Harry was almost two years old.  Only vicious gossips thinks she created serious doubts, or ardent Saint Charles fans do this.  It is not a fact because Diana did not create any serious doubts.

Double post auto-merged: October 29, 2016, 11:50:02 PM

Quote from: Trudie on October 29, 2016, 06:03:41 PM

Didn't take long for this show to start. So what she had an affair with Hewitt 2-3 years after Harry's birth. Diana didn't put the question mark over Harry's paternity but the very friends and media favorites of the Highgrove set. Oh an nothing will change that little fact Eri that Charles and Camilla were more then friends before during and after the marriage. Yum I love Popcorn

Charles was said to be involved with Camilla in between her conceptions of children with APB. And he had Lady Kanga to satisfy his needs when Camilla was having APB's heir and spare. Disgusting.

Double post auto-merged: October 29, 2016, 11:51:09 PM

Quote from: TLLK on October 29, 2016, 03:07:19 PM
@Eri-Do you recall what she said during the interview? It's been so long since I've seen it that I just don't remember that part.

She never said Harry could be Hewitt's. The complete transcript can be googled. Eri has her own slant on it, obviously.

Duch_Luver_4ever

Well oh dear seems the balls rolling again LOL, I have recently watched the panorama interview, as I have most such stuff on my pc, sometimes I just need to hear her voice..... All she said was that she was in love with him and that she adored him and admitted to sleeping with Hewitt when Bashir asked. She did NOT say Harry was his, in fact she got quite cross when ppl would suggest it, as he was born 2 years before she met/started up with Hewitt.

She said her and Charles were as close as they've ever been during part of the pregnancy of Harry. Of course Charles ruined that by being upset that their second child was not a girl, now obviously he didnt care enough about its development to go with her to any prenatal appointments and see the ultrasound, as she knew William was going to be a boy via that method, so im sure it was used on Harry.

This is where im going to make both sides unhappy, the C&C fans are out to lunch when it comes to claiming she said Harry was Hewitts, I think it was the highgrove set after C was chuffed over not having a girl and that he had Spencer red hair, maybe he felt the child didnt look windsor enough without dark hair, idk, but given how much value is placed on male children in royalty and life in general, idk how he had such a goffy notion in his head, what did he think that it was the 1700s and hed need a few girls to wed off to other royal houses to prevent war or something? Those days are long gone, in any event, they could have kept trying, I think at that point he was done with her and wanted to stop having kids so he could move onto other women in 1984.....

But Harry DID look like Hewitt, I dont have the patience to cue up parts of Story of a Princess to show looks on Hewitts face that resemble Harry, but like i say, its a relatively small gene pool so you can expect some of that. It was only a potential issue when each's affairs were kept secret, after all a baby only means that two people slept with each other, could be as few as one time. Lets also not forget that C&C rumored love child in Oz looks quite a bit like charles, but as far as babies looking like their dad, William didnt look like Charles much, but as a baby he looked like old king George, the one from Downton Abby times, so they could be sure there was some windsor genes in there. Till hes got past his 20s he looked more like his mom.

Its not that people dont hold Diana accountable for her "misdeeds" its that Charles started the whole thing off with Camilla both emotionally if not, and I believe it was also physical before 1986. Before Hewitt he got everything, wife, family off his back, children,status, a choice of mistresses, etc. and she got very little, family hostility, lack of support, lack of understanding, and a blind eye turned when she asked the Queen to help her husband and her son do his required duty. I cant think of any reason why she SHOULDNT have stepped out on him by that point.
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

Eri

^ When you have a red haired son and a black haired husband and you admit on live TV to sleeping with a red haired man people are going to talk ... she DID put a serious question mark on her son's paternity on live TV mind you for her own selfish reasons ... she admitted to sleeping with Hewitt only to save face after he made her look bad ... Harry was an after though Di was thinking of Di and how to back stab and make her husband look like a Monster ... she should have just kept her mouth shut for her son's sake but she couldn't she had to fight a ridiculous media war with her husband and she had to win her son be damned ... how anyone can say this woman was a good person is beyond me ...

TLLK

^^^Yes Charles has dark hair, but Diana's family has plenty of redheads. If she came from a family of brunettes then I could see why the question of Harry's paternity would have been raised, but with her siblings Charles and Jane it's fairly obvious where Harry's inherited his red hair.

IMHO both Charles and Diana were wrong to have their televised interviews regarding the state of their marriage as it only added more misery to their children in the War of the Wales.

Eri

^ Given that Di made a book about what a monster Chuck was first I would say I blame her more ... he was just defending himself after that ... it is all on her ...

SophieChloe

^ He was a monster.  A beyond spoilt one at that.  Diana stood up to him and good for her. 
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

Duch_Luver_4ever

:goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost: Well said @SophieChloe hear, hear  :friends:  :partaay:  :goodpost: :goodpost:

sandy

Quote from: Eri on October 30, 2016, 02:26:48 PM
^ When you have a red haired son and a black haired husband and you admit on live TV to sleeping with a red haired man people are going to talk ... she DID put a serious question mark on her son's paternity on live TV mind you for her own selfish reasons ... she admitted to sleeping with Hewitt only to save face after he made her look bad ... Harry was an after though Di was thinking of Di and how to back stab and make her husband look like a Monster ... she should have just kept her mouth shut for her son's sake but she couldn't she had to fight a ridiculous media war with her husband and she had to win her son be damned ... how anyone can say this woman was a good person is beyond me ...

Well the Queen had a dark haired son and a blonde daughter. Ever hear of genetics? Diana had fair hair and before touch ups her hair was light reddish brown. Her sister Sarah is a red head, Charles had darker hair. Had they had a daughter, she might have had dark hair, like Charlotte does now. Have you looked at photos of Charles when he was younger (he's gray now), he has dark brown hair not "black" hair.

She did not at any time Harry was conceived during the affair with Hewitt. She said 1986 when Harry was nearly 2 was when she was involved with Hewitt said it too. Charles is no idiot, no way would he have allowed Harry in the line of succession if he was not his.

Diana did not have to show Charles to be a "monster." His bad behavior spoke for itself. One year before he told his biographer he never loved the mother of his sons. Talk about bad taste.  ANd was not he compromising the paternity of Camilla's kids by admitting he slept with her while she was married to APB?

Diana was backstabbed by Camilla who pretended to be her friend and by CHarles pals who were nice to her face and provided places for Charles and Camilla to have sex.

Double post auto-merged: October 30, 2016, 10:26:22 PM

Quote from: SophieChloe on October 30, 2016, 06:56:23 PM
^ He was a monster.  A beyond spoilt one at that.  Diana stood up to him and good for her. 

Well said.

Trudie

Quote from: Eri on October 30, 2016, 02:26:48 PM

Well Eri apparently you are as challenged in genetics as the Highgrove set. Let me tell you My ex Husband is a red head I am a dark brunette both our children have dark blond hair my son has brown eyes like me his sister has Green eyes like my grandmother their father is blue eyed His son with his second wife black hair is a red head like his father, aunt and grandmother. My son's wife is dirty blond my two granddaughters one is blond and the other a red head. So like Diana having red hair and her family don't you think it is obvious where Harry's red hair comes from?. OH and BTW Charles went live in his interview about bedding Camilla a year before Diana did Panorama so lets stop the excuses he back stabbed Diana along with Camilla long before Morton with Higgins and Dempster.

Duch_Luver_4ever

Also Eri forgets that Charles let Petty Junor talk to his friends in the mid 80s for a book and had countless press briefings done undermining Diana, so the Morton book is only a response to those, it was her only way out of her cage, a luxurious one, but a cage none the less.

sandy

There was a vicious article in Vanity Fair in 1985 based on what Charles friends said about Diana. Several years before the Morton book.