How much would you pay to live in a street with a royal connection?

Started by snokitty, April 27, 2015, 09:17:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snokitty

Houses on streets with regal names have a premium price tag | Property | Life & Style | Daily Express

QuoteAddresses such as Bishop's Avenue, Queen's Drive or Royal Crescent are so appealing that one in 10 buyers are willing to pay up to £30,000 more than they would for a similar house with a different address.

Nearly 40 per cent would handover £5,000 while three per cent were willing to pay over £50,000, found a survey by property portal OnTheMarket.

Noel Flint, head of residential at estate agents Knight Frank, said: "There is no doubt that properties with historical associations attract a premium and to have a strong royal connection gives the property real market appeal which will boost its value."

The poll, of more than 1,000 would-be buyers across the UK, found Royal was the street or road name most likely to command a premium with 14 per cent of potential purchasers said they would consider paying more for a property with that address.

This was followed by King at seven per cent and Queen at six per cent.

More than a third (37 per cent) of buyers admitted that one of the reasons they liked the address was because of the extra prestige they thought it added to a property.
"Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too"      Voltaire

I can see humor in most things & I would rather laugh than cry.    Snokitty

Izabella

Bit daft. All that's missing is pawn road and rook way and it's a chess board!  :P :lol

Lothwen

Well, what's the location like? Does the house have what I need?  Is it a nice neighborhood?  What's the crime rate? What types of crimes are prevalent?

In case anyone couldn't tell, I really don't give a rat's ass what the name of the street is
You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

Curryong

There are probably hundreds of thousands of these residential streets in Britain, not to mention the Victoria Streets, George Drives and Alexandra Crescents all over the place, so they are not exactly rare. I read somewhere that the Kings Arms was the most popular name for pubs in England.

cate1949

I live in a historic home - have no idea if it affects the price - but I can tell you beyond any doubt that historic homes tend to be old and hence money pits!  Avoid them like the plague.    :happy17:

SophieChloe

I'd love to live in a house with "character" - but I'm too tight for keep forking out for repairs. 
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me