Diana's Death - Police Passed New Information

Started by Limabeany, August 16, 2013, 08:09:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Limabeany

BBC broadcaster Nicholas Owen calls for answers over the death of Diana, Princess of Wales - Telegraph

Quote:

"As the 16th anniversary of the death of Diana, Princess of Wales approaches, the BBC broadcaster Nicholas Owen is still seeking answers.

"I think she was killed by a drunk driver, but there are a lot of unanswered questions about what happened in those desperate days," says Owen, who covered the car crash in Paris that killed Diana as ITV's then royal correspondent.

"There were some very strange things about it, which I wish we could have answered."

Owen, who also presents a weekly show on Classic FM, went on to have a good working working relationship with Diana's sons, the Duke of Cambridge and Prince Harry.

"They called me 'Mr Owen', as members of the Royal family always did, which made me laugh, because no one else had done since I started in journalism." "
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

SophieChloe

Diana's Death: Police Passed New Information

Wonder what that could be? 
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

Limabeany

I am not a big fan of coincidences or taking your time to release information, that is why I don't believe there was nothing amiss with her death...
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

sara8150

Police investigate new information related to the death of Princess Diana
Princess Diana death: Metropolitan Police are examining new information for its relevance and credibility - hellomagazine.com

Princess Diana's death to be looked at again by cops after they receive information
Princess Diana's death to be looked at again by cops after they receive information - Mirror Online

Diana death: New information assessed by Scotland Yard
BBC News - Diana death: New information assessed by Scotland Yard

Met Police is passed new information about the death of Princess Diana and is 'assessing its relevance and credibility'
Met Police is passed new information about the deaths of Princess Diana and is 'assessing its relevance and credibility' | Mail Online

Scotland Yard examines new information on death of Diana, Princess of Wales
Scotland Yard examines new information on death of Diana, Princess of Wales - Telegraph

cinrit

I'm not one to believe in conspiracy theories, so I've never paid much attention to the ones circling around Diana's death.  Still, I'm curious.  I've never understood why they found it necessary to try to outrace the paparazzi, since they're always going to get their pictures, anyway.  Smile, let them take the picture, then drive away safely.  I'll never understand the need for that speed.

Cindy

Double post auto-merged: August 17, 2013, 07:03:03 PM

And so the rumors begin.  From Twitter:

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt 50m
It's understood the allegation re: Diana was made by the former parents-in-law of
a former soldier based on info he talked about in the past

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt 52m
The info @metpoliceuk is examining is thought to include an allegation that Diana and Dodi were murdered by a member of the British military

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal 1h
#royal #Diana According to Sky sources, the information - yet to be deemed relevant by Met - came from parents-in-law of former soldier

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

Mike

This has been posted before, but from what I've read, Dodi was most likely responsible for the excessive speed and Henri Paul had no choice but obey the boss's son.  Still, even if new hard unimpeachable evidence pointed to the royal family, who here thinks the information would ever see the light of day?  How would William and Harry respond to such evidence?  Reason enough to keep it buried.

FYI:  I've never bought into the conspiracy theory.  Staging a traffic accident is too iffy a way to kill someone.  Rees-Jones survived, anyone else could have too.
Mark Twain:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it."
and
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please."

Limabeany

Good thinking, Mike. But, the questions remain, why so many  delays in the information... Why were all the cameras off at the tunnel only at that time... And, others I can't remember now... As, I said, coincidences also bother me...

SophieChloe

Why was the tunnel cleaned and re-opened so quickly?

Quote from: Mike on August 17, 2013, 07:11:18 PM
FYI:  I've never bought into the conspiracy theory.  Staging a traffic accident is too iffy a way to kill someone.  Rees-Jones survived, anyone else could have too.
Yes, too obvious a way to kill someone - I agree - far too obvious.  That is why I have never been comfortable with the outcome. 

Trudie

I'm curious to see what this new information is. Not that I believe in conspiracies but I have always thought based on the camera's not operating which was strange that some rogue courtier may have thought to deal with Diana to spare the royal family any embarrassment over her summer romance with a quite unsuitable man. It would not be that far fetched based on the actions during the investigation and sloppy police that night a high ranking official could have arranged it. I will say however that I will never believe that any member of the royal family was involved Al Fayed was and still is totally wrong there.

cinrit

Diana did write in a note that Charles was planning to have her killed in a car accident, but she said there would be a problem with the brakes.  The accident didn't have anything to do with brake trouble, so that eliminates that.  I'd think trying to kill someone in a car accident would be very iffy ... what if they survived?  Would you have to try again at another time?  And how many people would agree to a suicide mission to cause a (hopefully) fatal accident, anyway?

Cindy

Mike

Mark Twain:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it."
and

Limabeany

Interesting, but if it's true it'll get buried. Royals and politicians have the means to get away with anything. The days of Woodward and Bernstein are long gone, and there certainly are no real journalists among the UK royal reporter pack...

FanDianaFancy

It was a conspiracy!

I knew it!!
Yes, they  poured trhe drinks down  Henri  Paul.
Yesh, they  held  PD's mouth and made her mouth the  words to  her TPTB    that she wanted less security.
Yes, it  them who made  Henri  that   armoured vehicle  at  airplane speed  and that is why  it  crumbled and folded  like  you  crush a  soda  can.
Yes, it  was  them who  led  PD and  DF  by the hand and pushed them in the car  to  go to his other house rahter then  make them stay  at  his  apartment  at   his  hotle. He only ,wel indirectly, owned the hotel.
Yeha, yeah.

LOL.
No, I  do not believe  in the  conspiracy theories  either.

How it happened?
PD  did not take with her  the proper security.
PD and DF  should  have simply stayed  at  his apt. or suite at his  hotel. Goodness knows  the Fayed  had a  full home there.It  was late.
Papa  were  following as they  were  outside when D and D left.
Whenever D stepped out ,she  had  paps.

It was a  fatal, sad twist  of fate.

amabel

Quote from: cinrit on August 17, 2013, 06:34:35 PM
I'm not one to believe in conspiracy theories, so I've never paid much attention to the ones circling around Diana's death.  Still, I'm curious.  I've never understood why they found it necessary to try to outrace the paparazzi, since they're always going to get their pictures, anyway.  Smile, let them take the picture, then drive away safely.  I'll never understand the need for that speed.

Peter

I don't think you have to look further than Dodis' stupidity and lack of experience at dealing with a real "situation", and Henri Paul's having taken a few drinks and Prozac.   Dodi had bodyguards because he was rich and his father was paranoid, but the truth is that nobody knew Dodi from  hole in the ground and there was never likely to be any real threat against him or even people taking his picture.  So I think he was rattled by the media chasing him and Diana and wanted to look like he knew what he was doing, to take care of it.  but he didn't,  His guards weren't experienced at handling it, either because he was always messing them around and not letting them do their job.  And becuase of htat, he ended up with Paul, who wans not a trained driver, and who ahd been off duty and wasn't sober, driving the car and only 1 guard with them.  and mabye another car clipped their car, or made Henri lose control and the accidnet happened. 

Limabeany

The stench of coverup was high almost from the start. Something was never quite right with that... It should have been more open and shut than it was... :hmm:

amabel

It was open and shut.  But the French have a tendency to do investigations that collect a large amount of information which ca be hard to sift.. and I think that at the time of the original enquiry, it was done too quickly, probably out of embarrassment at things like the cameras being off etc.   But that is hardly an unusual thing.  In the 90s there was a case where a boy was killed, in London, and the police didn't do a  great job of investigating, but one thing, IIRC was that CCTV cameras in the area had no film in them...
Happens quite often, due to just human error or cost cutting.
And the investigation a few years ago was IMO 100% thorough and made ti clear that Mohammad Al Fayed's bad organisation and the paparazzi were pretty much responsible for the tragedy.

Mike

This whole thing might just be another attempt by some in the media, or other areas, to make money.  The anniversary is coming up as is the movie.  It may all be a sham.
Mark Twain:
and

Lothwen

^I agree.  There was no "conspiracy" IMO.  The driver most likely thought they were staying at the hotel for the night, so he had a few drinks (or however many) in the bar, and then Dodi and/or Diana decided they wanted to leave (do we know where they were going?) and when they saw that the paps were chasing them, they drove even faster, and then the driver (who was drunk on his own accord) lost control and crashed the car.  That's it, end of story.
You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

amabel

He was not the driver.  He was the head of security at the Ritz.  Dodi messed around with the plans, and wanted to have a decoy car driven by the drive and Henri P was asked to come in and drive the "real car.  He had been drinking because he was off duty.  They were going to Dodi's flat to stay the night and collect their clothes.  It was a mess, brought on by Dodi's stupidity.  He could quite easily have sent a staff member to collect their things and stayed the night at the Ritz and left early the next morning when some of the paparazzi might have given up.

cinrit

Yes, Henri Paul was a last-minute addition.  He didn't expect to be driving that night.

Cindy

dianab

Henri Paul was a driver too... when they arrive that day in Paris, Henri Paul was one of drivers, he was driving the car which was with part of entourage... the butler of Dodi & others (of entourage) said in inquest when they arrive in Paris they were driven by Henri Paul, in their opinion they thinks that Henri Paul liked driving too fast... and the driver with Diana & Dodi in that day was another one. According to some the idea of Dodi was left Ritz for exit of back in the hotel with a different driver as all the paparazzi were in the hotel's entrance and know who was the driver Diana & Dodi were using during the day... the plan of Dodi isnt something new and/or some unusual plan of celebrities for lost paparazzi... I do think horrible 3 people lost their lives because abusive behavior of paparazzi, french ones are considered the worst ones of Europe, many celebrities already tell it.

For what I understand they were feeling uncomfortable at Ritz because of paparazzi were expecting them in entrance... I could understand he wanted he left the Ritz...

QuoteInteresting, but if it's true it'll get buried. Royals and politicians have the means to get away with anything. The days of Woodward and Bernstein are long gone, and there certainly are no real journalists among the UK royal reporter pack...
I agree... Whatever is or be/could be there wouldnt came out

According to the bodyguards, Henri Paul wasnt drunken. For his images seen in hotel before he left this story he was druken seems BS... for his autopsy the man shouldnt even be alive or at least be capable of standing when he was alive for be choiced as driver ... I dont believe in story he was drunken, without the abusive behavior of paparazzi I dont think that tragedy would have happened...

The people who were around Diana when she was chased for paparazzi always described as they feels as were being assault (ie. the niece of Annabel Goldsmith, Patrick Jephson among others said this)

cinrit

Without the paparazzi, they probably wouldn't have been speeding.  Then again, if they'd stayed at the Ritz and not left, the paparazzi couldn't have gotten to them in their room.  Just a series of bad decisions ...  :cry:

Cindy

dianab

I do think a job who put others on high (emotional) stress (made others cry, lost their cool/patience) & is abusive towards others, have a serious problem. I'm not against paparazzi, but abusive behavior from them... Imo there should be certain limits, you be allowed put a camera few inches/cm from face of someone else for me is horrible - and totally off limits.

I dont like to see the persons who are the REAL VICTIMS being put as bad guy of story.

In this industry of paparazzi have things are totally off limits have showed put the lives of persons in danger - the issues are in them not to whom they're testing & are being abusive towards to.

Lothwen

My mistake. I was under the impression that Henri Paul was their driver.

If he really was head of security at the Ritz, then they shouldn't have pulled him to be their driver.  That wasn't his job in the first place.  Sounds like Dodi just wanted to feel more important than he actually was.
You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

SophieChloe

I'm a firm believer that Diana was got rid of.