Countess of Wessex - Receives a hug as She Adds Final Stitch to Charity Quilt

Started by cinrit, November 15, 2014, 01:56:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cinrit

QuoteThe Countess of Wessex showed off her sewing skills during a reception for a group of Girl Guides at Buckingham Palace this afternoon.

Sophie, who spent the early part of this week in Zambia where she attended the funeral of President Michael Sata, helped put the finishing touches to a charity quilt.

A delighted Sophie also got a hug from diabetes ambassador Lucy Upton, who had been given the job of presenting a posy but chose to add a cuddle too.

The quilt making party was held in support of the Sensational Sew1 Challenge, a project that aims to raise awareness and find funds for a cure for Type 1 diabetes.

More: Sophie Wessex gets hug from excited teen as she adds final stitch to charity quilt | Daily Mail Online

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

TLLK

HereditaryPrincess

QuoteSophie Wessex was at London College of Fashion to try her hand at working a sewing machine this afternoon - for the second time in seven days.
Last week saw the Countess put the finishing touches to a charity quilt during a reception for a group of Girl Guides at Buckingham Palace.
And the royal put her new found skills to good use as she tried out various techniques on an industrial machine during a sewing session.

Sophie, Countess of Wessex gets stitching at London College of Fashion | Daily Mail Online

Limabeany

"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

snokitty

Countess Sophie of Wessex visits London College of Fashion | NEWMYROYALS & HOLLYWOOD FASH?ON

QuoteCountess Sophie of Wessex has visited London College of Fashion. The Countess became the first ever Patron of the London College of Fashion in 2013. 21 Novembre 2014
"Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too"      Voltaire

I can see humor in most things & I would rather laugh than cry.    Snokitty

HereditaryPrincess

You're welcome, @Limabeany.

Thanks for the extra photos, @snokitty, but the poster on that version on MyRoyals is a hacker of the original site. The new site can be found here: !! REAL- MY ROYALS !!. Just thought I'd let you know beforehand. :)

snokitty

Thank you @HereditaryPrincess

Maybe but I have no way of knowing that and have always used it. It looks the same to me and the !! REAL- MY ROYALS !! is the one that looks different.
"Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too"      Voltaire

TLLK

Quote from: HereditaryPrincess on November 22, 2014, 05:13:49 PM
You're welcome, @Limabeany.

Thanks for the extra photos, @snokitty, but the poster on that version on MyRoyals is a hacker of the original site. The new site can be found here: !! REAL- MY ROYALS !!. Just thought I'd let you know beforehand. :)
That is right HP.  I recall that the site owner released an announcement in the past couple of months since the site had been hacked.

snokitty

The site has been around for more than a few months. My doubts are with the new site !! REAL- MY ROYALS !!

It is very easy to say I am the real one and I was hacked but that does not prove it is the truth.

HereditaryPrincess

Quote from: TLLK on November 22, 2014, 10:21:08 PMThat is right HP.  I recall that the site owner released an announcement in the past couple of months since the site had been hacked.

Yes, that's correct or is correct from what I understand. :hug:

Quote from: snokitty on November 22, 2014, 06:52:22 PM
Thank you @HereditaryPrincess

Maybe but I have no way of knowing that and have always used it. It looks the same to me and the !! REAL- MY ROYALS !! is the one that looks different.

You're welcome. :) I'm a member of another royal forum that the owner of the original MyRoyals also happens to be a member of, and they sent me a PM and a notice on the forum saying that the NEWMYROYALS site has been hacked and that they have no way of stopping the hacker from posting. There is also a rather large notice on the !! REAL- MY ROYALS !! about the supposed hacker. I think it looks different because the owner had to start from scratch.

Quote from: snokitty on November 23, 2014, 06:45:33 AM
The site has been around for more than a few months. My doubts are with the new site !! REAL- MY ROYALS !!

It is very easy to say I am the real one and I was hacked but that does not prove it is the truth.

That's true, but who knows. Anyone can claim just about anything online, as we don't know them and can't actually see what was happening behind the screen. Now you come to mention it, the new site does look a little 'off', though I've been using it because I was told that it was the real site by the owner of it. However, some members of the other forum have also been stating that there's something wrong with the new site, and the posts are normally just videos whereas the old site always had large photos, and a video if provided.