Camilla offers to have a pre wedding chat with Meghan

Started by Duch_Luver_4ever, February 18, 2018, 03:06:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duch_Luver_4ever

Camilla calms Meghan?s wedding nerves | Daily Mail Online

I hope Meghan watched Story of a Princess, Camilla has had a history of an agenda in these "good natured chats" before....
"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

wannable

She feels constrained in Kensington Palace. That's her new life, once out the gates, you are news.

I'd feel the jitters if weekly the press keeps pulling out articles (your closet skeletons) of dysfunctional family members, ex friends, new relationships less than stellar, etc.

Camilla knows the negativity of these articles, lives it, breathes it,  she may actually be helpful.

It's part of the territory.

royalanthropologist

Are people actually suggesting that Camilla is befriending Meghan in order to take her prince away from her? That is really some stretch out there.

Camilla is a friendly person and very pragmatic too. Meghan would do very well to listen to someone who has survived the press onslaught and managed to join the BRF despite all the controversies. She knows how to deal with the institution and the press as well as all the trolls.
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

Kritter

She is marrying a man that can tell her anything she needs to know about royal life & already has because he loves her.

This isn't a century where they ship the bride in from another country & she meets her husband at the wedding.

royalanthropologist

So Meghan can't have friends or have tea with her future step mother-in-law because "She is marrying a man that can tell her anything she needs to know about royal life & already has because he loves her."? Do they also have to stay in an exclusive love cocoon to show much they are into each other?

I am beginning to love this story now because it makes a mockery out of the "Camilla the hated" narrative. Good on them both. At least Camilla will give her sound advice on how to deal with judgmental strangers when you marry into the BRF.
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

royalanthropologist

IMO those that booed Camilla at are wedding are rather sad people with nothing better to do with their lives. I think she can survive them. Certainly they should not be given any credit or applauded for their infantile antics. It is akin to toddlers sticking  their tongue out... understandable but unbecoming after a certain age.

Meghan will choose to visit or associate with whom she chooses to visit. She does not need validation or to pass a vetting list.

Camilla has experience of dealing with negative publicity. She un-sat the "people's princess" against all odds. She does not have to be a mother figure to anyone, let alone Diana's children. However, she does have valuable advice for someone that is dealing with sometimes irrational and OTT criticism.

royalanthropologist

There is no suggestion that Camilla is going to be a mother figure to Meghan, even less than she was to Kate. However, there is no doubt that Camilla has been there and done that in terms of handling adversarial press. If it is true that Meghan is struggling (I make an allowance for possibility of the press makes up this stuff); she could do a lot worse than getting tips from someone that at one point had to take on the entire press establishment and a sizable proportion of public sentiment.

Having said that, Camilla really does not need positive PR from Meghan or even Kate. There is an army of offciers at her beck and call if she wants something done. This is may yet be just another lunch with a prospective member of the family.

royalanthropologist

Head of Commonwealth has very little to do with whether or not Camilla has lunch with Meghan. Neither does it have anything at all to do with Charles as a person. It is about democratization of the institution. At this rate we will start blaming Charles for every constitutional change that happens in his reign. 

Besides the Commonwealth position is not a hereditary one. The queen has expressed a desire that her son succeeds but that is all she can do. Early indications are that Charles will be the Head of the Commonwealth. In the same vein I doubt William will be. Times are changing.

Camilla does not need anyone's approval to see or interact with Meghan. If the two women agree on it, it is nobody's business but theirs. Being married to POW does not mean you do nothing but follow him around. I think that is one of the things that got Diana into trouble ...being too clingy about every single detail of his life. Camilla has learnt that particular lesson and never clings.

The kind of negative press Harry got was mainly to do with his parent's silly behavior, his own drinking, Nazi parties and questions about his paternity. Camilla's was mainly about busybody's who wanted to control her and Charles' life through public pressure. Very different scenarios. Meghan can learn a thing or two from Camilla about dealing with irrational mob rage in perfect strangers.

BTW I find very little difference between the people that hound Meghan and those that hound Camilla. They are invariably judgmental and too involved in other people's problems. You can't stop them because freedom of speech but you can ignore them just like Camilla has done. Meghan would do well to learn that lesson.

Curryong

I don't know whether Meghan has had lunch with Camilla. She may have, she may not. If she has I don't think there's anything odd about it.

IF Meghan is feeling constrained by life at KP (and it's a big IF, this is the Fail after all) I wouldn't be surprised. It's been reported that Kate has and does feel that way too. It's a collection of buildings very near to public gardens where the public often swarm, parts of Kensington Palace are on show to the public for much of the time, and it's right in the centre of a huge city. You can't escape crowds.

I don't believe though that the couple are at KP 24/7 for weeks at a time. Harry has friends in the English countryside, in Norfolk and especially in the West Country where he has sailing mates. I can't believe that Meghan hasn't been taken to see them or that she hasn't been to Highgrove or Windsor or even Wood Farm at Sandringham since settling in England. A few trips to interesting exhibitions, the theatre, cinema might be in order as well. To hell with the photographers. Go out and enjoy yourselves!

Of course everything is a big adjustment when you are a foreigner and England can be quite gloomy in the depths of winter. However, I'm quite sure that Meghan will be fine. A whole new life is opening up and Spring is on its way.

Double post auto-merged: February 18, 2018, 12:00:46 PM

As if in answer to the above, it seems that Harry and Meghan had an evening out together.

Twitter

royalanthropologist

About the constraints, I feel that Meghan is a grown woman who has "lived". She is not some ingenue trapped in a tower. The pressure is relentless but I am sure she can find things to do with herself at KP if she wants to. The BRF has been quite indulgent with her so far so she has it easy compared to Sarah and Diana.

wannable

There's a difference going through Hollywood minefields versus British Royal Family minefield, this 1000 year institution is what matters, not an individual member.

Feeling constrained, the BRF very likely told her, once out of the gates, you are public property and may very well end up as press fodder.  (Reminds me of The Daily Kate).

I agree, and as I said, Camilla is the appropriate person to speak to if she feels or if it's related to The Daily Meghan. (I must add, reviewing old Daily Kate articles, the hate wasn't so intense, long yes, but not so vile).

royalanthropologist

You know I think that W&H are in a kind of boy band situation. If you out the girlfriend, you lose the fans. Meghan is in for a rough ride and should buckle up.

wannable

Yes I agree, obviously the format and technology the Daily Mail uses is superior to any other media, nevertheless there are other outlets which the public may express comments to articles, but not so widely reached by the public like the DM. 

As I said a few days ago, Harry was venerated by the commentator section - even when it was just to watch a sports game, the love was  :crazylove: :brightside:  but I have noticed the negative comments as the best ones with likes since November 2016 (as you put it because of the girlfriend).  His involvement with the CHOGM as a leader for the Youth Forum, I'm disappointed with the negativity, its straight into bad bad bad.  No more fan loving.  :no:

(As I also mentioned today, going through old Daily Kate articles, the commentators were bad, but I must say Meghan is really and truly having the Cruella de Vil treatment by a huge majority who take their time in registering and commenting)

Duch_Luver_4ever

Im sure to stay in Charles good graces, shes being nice to Meghan, shes going to want Harry and William on their side when Charles is king and likely doing all sorts of changes and expressing his opinions, rather than having both sons(either directly or by way of their wives) working at cross purposes to him and drawing the good publicity with them.

While im sure Camilla has some invaluable advice from her trial over the years, she also has given advise with an ulterior motive before, and it may be more about finding out info on Meghan and how she can help her, vs helping out Meghan.

"No other member of the Royal Family mattered that year, or I think for the next 17 years, it was just her." Arthur Edwards, The Sun Photographer, talking about Diana's impact.

TLLK

Quote from: wannable on February 18, 2018, 03:29:03 AM
She feels constrained in Kensington Palace. That's her new life, once out the gates, you are news.

I'd feel the jitters if weekly the press keeps pulling out articles (your closet skeletons) of dysfunctional family members, ex friends, new relationships less than stellar, etc.

Camilla knows the negativity of these articles, lives it, breathes it,  she may actually be helpful.

:goodpost: I agree. Yes Camilla knows all sides of entry  into the BRF. Her's was understandably a rougher start than Sophie's or Kate's. Sadly the types less pleasant tabloid stories are likely to continue as interest in Meghan is very, very high.

Kritter

Camilla the Saint   

sandy

This article is not for Meghan it's the usual "compassionate" Camilla spin. Hopefully Camilla won't make a spectacle of herself by taking Meghan out to a public restaurant with cameras around and talking loudly in the restaurant giving her advice (she did this with Kate). And Camilla must think people have short memories, there was that unfortunate lunch she had with Lady Diana and Camilla was trying to "help her."

Double post auto-merged: February 18, 2018, 11:40:23 PM

Quote from: wannable on February 18, 2018, 03:29:03 AM

Camilla helps herself. She did not care about criticism since she's tough as nails which is not a good thing.

I would think Harry would be horrified at his fiancee getting advice from a woman who loathed his mother and undermined her.

wannable

IF not advice, the minimum Meghan cordial and get along behavior with the the future Queen Consort?!!! 

(Kate did it, better this than nil, during her first year of marriage, William was sent off to the Falklands for 2-3 months, there was a mini problem with Argentina, Buckingham Palace DID various royal duties with the 3 Queens in tow: Her Majesty, the future Queen Consort Camilla, and future future Queen Consort and Matriarch ;) Kate...the so called picture taking 'readers' said the 3 ladies at least appeared very cordial with each other).

So hoping that whatever Harry her Husband tells her, the path for the future and her New Family - Camilla will be there by her Future King Husband (and influencing her husband who will be paying Meghan's expenses through the SG and DOL, as the DOC will be exclusively for the future POW William and family), the best way forward is having good relationships.  Imagine the loneliness when she actually sleeps over at Sandringham, Balmoral when these properties pass on to Prince Charles! 

Trudie

I highly doubt Camilla is trying to impart helpful advise to Meghan but more or less engage her into unknowingly into revealing vulnerabilities for further for her to exploit as she did with Diana and to a degree Kate. Camilla is all about self preservation and will leak any weakness she can find to save herself.

sandy

Yes, Will and Harry and Kate and Meghan will be cordial. But it is no love fest. IMO.

This was a public appearance, they are not going to bicker in public. The royals keep up appearances. Kate has her own mother for support not Camilla.

I doubt Meghan and Harry will spend much time around Camilla.

TLLK

IMO Meghan would likely accept any offers of advice from her fiancee's family especially her future mother-in-law. No point in declining a friendly gesture.

sandy

Camilla is not the mother in law, she did not give birth to Will and Harry. She had no part in raising them. She is the step mother in law married to Meghan's future father in law. The mother in law is deceased.

TLLK

Mother-in-law | Define Mother-in-law at Dictionary.com

Quote1.
the mother of one's husband or wife.

While this is the definition of the term, I don't see the harm in acknowledging that Camilla is now in a mother-in-law role with her husband's sons.  :shrug:

sandy

She's still the step mother in law. She is step mother to William and Harry and step mother in law to Kate and future step mother in law to Meghan. Diana gave birth to the boys not Camilla. Most sources call her the step mother in law. It IS a sticky situation since the step mother in law loathed Diana, the boys' mother. She has no "mother in law" role, she is married to the boys father and is their stepmother. I don't think even Camilla would not want to be referred to this way. She had no part in raising the boys and it is a slap in the face to the boys if she tries to be their "mother". If you feel she should be that's your choice, and I surely don't. I think it in bad taste to have Camilla referred to as the mother in law.

TLLK

By all means @sandy call Camilla a stepmother-in-law.  :) I'll call her a mother-in-law. :) It's all good.  :thumbsup: