Sandringham Christmas 2018 thread for the BRF

Started by TLLK, December 21, 2017, 04:19:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

With many photos and articles to be coming in the next few days, I thought it might be a good idea to start an article for the entire BRF here.  :xmas4: (Mods please move if you believe it belongs in a different forum.)

12/21/17 The Queen and DoE arrive at  King's Lynn Station to begin their Christmas holiday. The couple will be in residence at Sandringham from December 21, 2017  through February 6, 2018. The Queen's father died on Feb. 6, 1952 so the Queen chooses to stay at Sandringham until after that anniversary. 

Bilder und Fotos | Getty Images

Double post auto-merged: December 21, 2017, 04:58:59 PM

Video of their arrival.

News Production | ITN Productions

TLLK

Royals gather for the Christmas Eve Service at Sandringham.

https://www.rexfeatures.com/livefeed/2017/12/24/christmas_eve_church_service,_sandringham?
:xmas4: :xmas17: :xmas15:
Lady Louise Windsor is going to be a  tall woman one day IMO. She's already taller than her cousin Eugenie who is wearing heels. :xmas21:

Royals gather at Sandringham for Christmas Eve service | Daily Mail Online
QuoteThe service included traditional carols such as Once in Royal David's City, O Little Town of Bethlehem, Away in a Manger, When Shepherds Watch Their Flocks by Night and Hark the Herald Angels Sing.

FanDianaFancy

Thank goodness per aristos  customs , teenaged LadyLouisevis not wearing white baby tights and black baby MaryJane shoes.
This poor teen still has to wear tights instea$ of pantyhose. I guess she still has to wear a baby shoe such as the ballet flats.
  No way should she or any girl her age, in my opinion, be in heels like Beas. Still, flesh colored pantyhose and a chunky heeled shoe is classy and modern in the USA. I know, for her world, that is a non. Like George still has many wears to wear shorts and long pants, at least he is out of th3 girly MaryJanes strapped shoes.

Yes, I think the BRF could modernize the children?s clothing , yet keep it classy, age appropriate.
I assum3 the aristos still dress their kids like a Gorge and LadyL too.

sara8150

The Queen and Prince Philip joined by family for Christmas Eve carol service
The Queen and Prince Philip in good spirits at Christmas Eve carol service

Double post auto-merged: December 24, 2017, 10:11:51 PM

Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall take their adorable daughter Mia, three, to a Christmas party in Australia - a year after the couple's tragic miscarriage
Zara Philips seen a year after her tragic miscarriage | Daily Mail Online
I don?t think the couples will attend to Sandringham this year on break news of zara?s Miscarriage last years and Zara wanted kept low profiles

wannable

What's up with them going to church Christmas Eve, and never photographed before?   They've always gone twice Christmas Day, 0800 and 1000 hours. Somethings cooking?

Whilst Charles and Camilla usually arrive late afternoon the 24th, I understand William, Kate, Harry and Meghan have been in Amner Hall since this past Friday, 23rd.

Curryong

There's nothing strange about the royal family going to Church on a Sunday. It happens every six years or so, whenever Christmas Eve lands on a Sunday. There's a carol service at St Mary's every year.

Incidentally, several people in the crowd were heard expressing disappointment that Meghan wasn't present. She wasn't there because she, along with the Cambridges and Harry, may have been at Anmer.

Kritter

I thought this thread was for the Queen's stay after the New Year since it says 2018.    :lol:

TLLK

OMG @Kritter what on earth was I thinking when I typed in that title??? LOL  :lol: :lol:

Double post auto-merged: December 25, 2017, 04:50:34 AM

Quote from: wannable on December 24, 2017, 11:48:22 PM
What's up with them going to church Christmas Eve, and never photographed before?   They've always gone twice Christmas Day, 0800 and 1000 hours. Somethings cooking?

Whilst Charles and Camilla usually arrive late afternoon the 24th, I understand William, Kate, Harry and Meghan have been in Amner Hall since this past Friday, 23rd.
It's also the fourth Sunday of Advent today so that could be a possible reason for the church service.  :xmas4:

Double post auto-merged: December 25, 2017, 04:50:58 AM

Preview of tomorrow's Christmas message.

Queen to pay tribute to Prince Philip's 'unique sense of humour' in Christmas message

QuoteThe Queen will use her Christmas message to pay a rare public tribute to the Duke of Edinburgh, praising his ?unique sense of humour? in the year of their 70th anniversary.

In her annual address to the nation, the Queen will deliver poignant thanks to the Duke, hailing his valuable support this year and throughout her record-breaking reign.

The Duke stepped down from his official public duties in the autumn, but has remained by his wife?s side for key moments including Remembrance Sunday.

Good to see that both QEII and the DoE are in better health this Christmas as compared to last year.

amabel

Quote from: wannable on December 24, 2017, 11:48:22 PM

They go to church on sundays...

sara8150

Meghan's first curtsy: Harry's fianc?e and pregnant Kate stroll side-by-side and bow for The Queen as massive crowds greet Royals at church on Christmas Day
Royal Family out for Christmas Day in Sandringham | Daily Mail Online

Double post auto-merged: December 25, 2017, 03:44:47 PM

Pregnant Kate shines in ?3,000 Miu Mui coat while Meghan wraps herself in a ?1,000 Sentaler coat for her first Royal Christmas
Kate and Meghan stand shoulder-to-shoulder at Sandringham | Daily Mail Online

wannable

Without a hitch, like a clock. The whole Windsor family look happy. Merry Christmas to all fellow posters.

sara8150

See All the Best Photos from Meghan Markle?s First Royal Christmas Walk
Meghan Markle's Royal Christmas Walk 2017: All the Photos

Double post auto-merged: December 25, 2017, 03:52:23 PM

Meghan's First Curtsy! Kate Middleton and Meghan Markle Expertly Bow to the Queen
Kate Middleton and Meghan Markle Curtsy to the Queen | PEOPLE.com

Future Sisters-in-Law! Meghan Markle and Kate Middleton Make Their First Appearance Together
Meghan Markle and Kate Middleton Make Their First Appearance Together | PEOPLE.com

Double post auto-merged: December 25, 2017, 03:53:32 PM

All of Princess Kate?s Latest Outfit Details ? and How You Can Buy Them for Yourself
Where to Buy Princess Kate's Outfits for Less

Double post auto-merged: December 25, 2017, 03:55:46 PM

American Tourist Proposes to Girlfriend Outside Sandringham as They Wait to See Harry and Meghan
American Tourist Proposes to Girlfriend Outside Sandringham | PEOPLE.com
Congratulations!! 💍

Double post auto-merged: December 25, 2017, 03:56:47 PM

Watch Meghan Markle curtsy to the Queen for the first time in public
Meghan Markle curtsies to the Queen at Sandringham

Double post auto-merged: December 25, 2017, 03:58:40 PM

Meghan Markle Joins Harry, William, Kate, the Royal Family for Christmas Service: Photos
Meghan Markle Joins Prince Harry, Royal Family for Christmas Service

Double post auto-merged: December 25, 2017, 04:05:40 PM

Meghan Markle joins royals for Christmas service
Meghan Markle joins royals for Christmas service - BBC News

Double post auto-merged: December 25, 2017, 04:07:58 PM

Meghan Markle joins Royal family for Christmas Day church service at Sandringham
Meghan Markle joins Royal family for Christmas Day church service at Sandringham

Double post auto-merged: December 25, 2017, 04:10:19 PM

Meghan Markle joins Royals at Christmas service
Meghan Markle joins Royals at Christmas service

Royal Wedding spirit with Christmas Day proposal at Sandringham
Royal Wedding spirit with Christmas Day proposal at Sandringham
💍

Double post auto-merged: December 25, 2017, 04:12:00 PM

Meghan Markle joins royal family for Christmas Day service
Meghan Markle joins royal family for Christmas Day service | UK news | The Guardian

Curryong

Crowds waited for the Royals for hours since before six am. in the cold and dark. Norfolk, where I grew up, can be absolutely freezing in winter.

Everyone, except possibly Sophie Wessex in her 1950s retro dress, looked cosy in coats and gloves. The Queen in orange looked marvellous, Cam looked good in pink. Louise Wessex is getting very tall, she'll surpass her mother soon.

Probably because it was so cold there wasn't an awful lot of lingering with the crowd of well wishers this year. They all probably wanted to get back to a hot lunch. I think Meghan enjoyed herself. She and the Cambridges were chatting as they walked up to the church. She curtsied fine, had probably been practising. The Chattos are here this year and the Phillips family so Sandringham House is probably packed to the brim.

sara8150

Breaking from tradition! Meghan shows cheeky side as she steals show in royal Christmas
Meghan Markle joins the Queen for Sandringham church service in break from tradition | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Double post auto-merged: December 25, 2017, 04:16:01 PM

Wedding fever hits Sandringham: Moment royal fan pops questions while waiting for Meghan
Royal fan proposes while waiting for Queen, Harry and Meghan at Sandringham | Royal | News | Express.co.uk
💍

Double post auto-merged: December 25, 2017, 04:17:50 PM

Meghan Markle joins Royal Family for Christmas Day service
Meghan Markle joins Royal Family for Christmas Day service - ITV News

Double post auto-merged: December 25, 2017, 04:20:16 PM

Meghan Markle spends first Christmas with royal family
Meghan Markle spends first Christmas with royal family - CBS News

Double post auto-merged: December 25, 2017, 04:23:50 PM

Royal family Christmas: Meghan Markle joins for 1st celebration with Prince Harry
Royal family Christmas: Meghan Markle joins for 1st celebration with Prince Harry

Double post auto-merged: December 25, 2017, 04:27:37 PM

Royal Christmas! See Kate, William, Meghan and Harry in their church outfits
https://www.today.com/style/prince-william-prince-harry-arrive-church-their-christmas-best-t120491

Double post auto-merged: December 25, 2017, 04:28:56 PM

The British Royals attend Christmas Day Church Service
The British Royals attend Christmas Day Church Service | Newmyroyals & Hollywood Fashion

Double post auto-merged: December 25, 2017, 04:31:28 PM

The British Royal Family attended the Christmas Day church service at St Mary Magdalene Church
The British Royal Family attended the Christmas Day church service at St Mary Magdalene Church

wannable

The crowds do not seem to be as large compared to Diana's and Kate's. Checking the historical weather 2011 and 2017, Kate's 2011 was 1 degree colder than today's.

I think since Harry and Meghan aren't the future monarchs they don't have the pull crowd factor as to a future POW.

Anyway today's videos everyone seemed to look cheerful and happy.

Curryong

The crowds were large according to the media. One newspaper described them as 'massive'. None inferred they were smaller than 2011, not even the Fail. Diana drew huge crowds always, but in her day it was completely different, not a digital age.

wannable

But the videos also is a tell all, the crowds today are much much smaller than William and Kate's 2011.

Matter of fact the press at that time compared it to Charles and Diana's, which was similar with the massive crowds.

Curryong

I've been many times to see the royals at St Mary's as I didn't live far from there when younger and crowds numbers can be deceptive around the church walk. However, as it obviously makes you feel happy to think that Harry and Meghan aren't popular with anyone at all, continue on. The correspondents etc who were there today said there were large (and 'massive' ) crowds and I'm happy to believe them.

As in
The Fail's report of 'massive' crowds. And the Fail is not pro-Meghan.

wannable

No way the likes of the Daily Mail, ITV, BBC would fail to actually film the entire walk so one can see the alleged massive crowds. It wasn't there, a string of single file.

Versus William and Kate's They did film the entire walk where one Can observe the reality, from point to point, even beyond the paths there were 3 to 5 deep people. Lots of People actually travelled together with the locals who tend to be there yearly.

royalanthropologist

The ill-will on the DM comments section is shocking. Why not give the girl a chance and see what happens rather than writing her off from the word go? Aren't we supposed to all want the best for a to-be bride?
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

Curryong

Videos of the entire walk probably won't come out because unlike 2011, in recent years the trio of 'young' royals have more or less concentrated on the crowds near the Church to chat to, while the other royals go further up and also chat, take flowers etc. However, as virtually no-one is interested in Prss Anne, the Wessexes, Yorkies etc the TV crews don't bother to film further along the walk.

wannable

^ ^ Wishing her well yes! Many of those, I have read in all Meghan articles the first 10 best and worst, have their reasons, mostly because she doesn't put the money in her mouth...she has preached  one thing and does a contrary. Mostly the press fault though with putting her in a pedestal, aggrandizement of her CV...

I believe time and charity causes may redeem the faux passes, especially the infamous cost of the black dress, which is ok for Hollywood, wear a GBP 56K dress and preach save the poor, but not for the BRF and most of its people.

Curryong

The fashion mavens on RD who know about outfits, shoes and accessories total up Kate's wardrobe annually.  It came in at a bit over $250,000 out of Charles's pocket last year. An awful lot of mental health patients that Kate is so keen on assisting through Heads Together could be helped for that amount.

I do not believe for one moment that Meghan's engagement picture dress cost anything like $56,000. It was from a couple of seasons before, like Kate does there are special deals struck with fashion houses, and the price was in fact probably a quarter of that figure.

wannable

That's one year, Meghan isn't married yet and wears a GBP 56K dress no matter if it was loaned or paid for by her, a friend, Harry, whomever, the point is the image is already damaged forever, as its part of history, equated to Harry and Meghan's Formal Engagement Portrait. Season dress of yesteryear, still Rebecca English confirmed her team directly consulted the cost with R&R, that is why the price was and is a scandal.

And also, Kate's 1 year budget should be pricier than Meghan's because of rank, position, who she will be in the British monarchy POW, Queen Consort,mQueen Mother. I do think most expressions of comments in sections of the British press in reference to Meghan's choice of the said black dress was very bad and negative. Time will give her opportunity for damage control,mdepsite the annals of history with that portrait.

Matter of fact, the Queen decidedly did not use that picture in the Christmas speech, nor the informal closed eyes ones, she used a paparazzi picture of their announcement in the sunken gardens. It is telling us a story of disagreement with the OTT black evening cocktail dress with Harry's office charity daytime blue suit, or the too sensual informal picture.

Curryong

Using a particular photo doesn't mean anything at all, IMO. Royals' assistants tend to dress a room to suit a particular interview or press conference. Most of their private photos are elsewhere.

A main topic for the Queen this year in her Xmas address was her marriage to Prince Philip and so those photos were on her desk as well as a couple of her great-grandchildren George and Char. That doesn't mean that she hasn't got plenty of other family photos of grandchildren and grandchildren's spouses, fiances (including Meghan) and boyfriends of the Yorkies, as well as her other great-children in her more private rooms.

If she disapproved of Meghan so much she wouldn't have had her to tea or given her consent to the marriage.